Secret resales 2015

Terence99

9 minutes ago, Alking said:

Especially considering that every general sale/ resale is on a weekend AM..... 

They obviously have the ability to do so..

I don't know what the current situation is as I don't know anyone who works at seetickets anymore, but it used to be the case that see had to drag a lot of staff in specially for the Sunday morning sale - not just the telephone operatives that you'd expect, but pretty much who had anything to do with the sale process, the technology, or a management role - as I understand it they used to be busier in there than most weekdays.

Holding the announced sale on Sundays at 9am was something they were pretty much forced into doing at the time as after 2004 BT threatened to shut down their telephones if they did it during the week again.

7 hours ago, whisty said:

If the festival read anything on this site hopefully read this -

It's really not fair making people do this, there are hundreds possibly thousands sitting anxiously waiting with phone or PC all effin week for this. Why don;t the festival just straight up come out with their intentions, let everybody off the hook until the actual scheduled day/time. Just say it Glastonbury festival & stop treating people this way. There, that;'s off my chest, I have a ticket but feel for the many folks that are still desperate.

Can't get behind this at all. What's not fair about it? There are no intentions, it's not like they're reading this saying "we'll fuck with them for a bit longer"! You have no idea how long it takes to process every refund that has come in.

I would rather they did it this way than saying a date and time and having those 'hundreds, possibly thousands' all trying for a handful of tickets at once. This way if you're dedicated, you have a better than average chance of scoring when a sale does happen. The less people that know about it the better for me. 

In fact with everyone knocking off for the weekend, tomorrow morning would be great!:D

Hang on in there folks...

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yeah they've been onsale for the last few days. not sure how many, or why they've been on for so long. there has been all other CVs options onsale too at various times.

Cheers, been off work a couple of days so no chance to keep an eye on the forum. I guess they must still be available due to the cost and the location, can't see any desperate requests for anyone to sell on a campervan pass anymore so maybe having the B and West has been enough to satisfy all of the demand? 

11 hours ago, whisty said:

If the festival read anything on this site hopefully read this -

It's really not fair making people do this, there are hundreds possibly thousands sitting anxiously waiting with phone or PC all effin week for this. Why don;t the festival just straight up come out with their intentions, let everybody off the hook until the actual scheduled day/time. Just say it Glastonbury festival & stop treating people this way. There, that;'s off my chest, I have a ticket but feel for the many folks that are still desperate.

While I absolutely agree with your sentiments here, Whisty, I think that would be unfair to those that really, really want to get those last few precious tickets.  If it was the same as the main sale or resale, it would be a lottery.  This way, only the most determined will get tickets.  And unfortunately even some of those most determined won't.

I'm sorted for this year (as I was for last) but I read every single post on this thread and makes me happy to be alive.  So much care and respect for others in here.  

I can't offer to help because I wouldn't be able to do anything useful during working hours (when they are most likely to be on sale) but I hope that each and every one of those posting here regularly get lucky.  

15 minutes ago, mandolin said:

While I absolutely agree with your sentiments here, Whisty, I think that would be unfair to those that really, really want to get those last few precious tickets.  If it was the same as the main sale or resale, it would be a lottery.  This way, only the most determined will get tickets.  And unfortunately even some of those most determined won't.

And aside from all that - the Festival and seetickets have told everyone who's asked something to the effect of "don't expect a resale, your best chance is via competitions. The fact that people are still holding out hope is purely based on history and not based on any encouragement from GFL.

I think it's well established that the number of tickets in any further resale is likely to be extremely low. Too low to even publicise that a resale is likely to take place let alone publish a date and time, even an approximate one - all that happens in that scenario is that you get even more peoples hopes up only to dash them again. It's a situation with no right answer and plenty of wrong ones.

21 hours ago, eFestivals said:

have just reported that to the fest.

and they've told me they're on it, and that windinglake had been in touch with them about the same guy.

(this is about someone claiming to have tickets to sell where everything is screaming scam, for those who haven't read the whole thread).

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

there was nothing for checkpage, but that filters out some system busy msgs - so I'm guessing that's what siblin's system picked up. 

I got 6 alerts from siblin this morning around 3am uk time all for the main event page. Not sure what was changing though.

36 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I got 6 alerts from siblin this morning around 3am uk time all for the main event page. Not sure what was changing though.

at that time it was extremely likely to be a 'busy' or 'not found' msg of some kind - as that's happened a few times with checkpage too (and then they get filtered out so they don't trigger alerts the next time).

It's most likely caused by backups or system maintenance they're doing in what would otherwise be the quietest time of the day.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

at that time it was extremely likely to be a 'busy' or 'not found' msg of some kind - as that's happened a few times with checkpage too (and then they get filtered out so they don't trigger alerts the next time).

It's most likely caused by backups or system maintenance they're doing in what would otherwise be the quietest time of the day.

Cheers Neil, probably the most likely explanation if yours didn't flag up anything.

Morning all! It's 5:08am here, I'm staying at some crappy Airbnb in Nashville and the bed is like sleeping on the back seat of a bus, so I am inexplicably awake.

My husband graduated yesterday and just left for the airport to Japan on business, and I am preparing to head back to Knoxville and work on my new camper van. We lead an exciting life!

The next hour would be a great time for a little mini sale, dontcha think? :)

Edited by beefykoala

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there was nothing for checkpage, but that filters out some system busy msgs - so I'm guessing that's what siblin's system picked up. 

The 3am alerts from siblin's checker have been happening for weeks, if not months.