Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cycled through Songbook and it turns out i know way more than I expected- hopefully get to see them at Glastonbury. Do we have any predictions on placing?

Predictions on here are for either Park/JP headliner or a middle of the day Other. I'm hoping that they're not Saturday.

I've given Hey Venus quite a few spins in the last couple of weeks, probably the album I've neglected the most and having played it again, I'm not sure why. It's a great little album.

Predictions on here are for either Park/JP headliner or a middle of the day Other. I'm hoping that they're not Saturday.

I've given Hey Venus quite a few spins in the last couple of weeks, probably the album I've neglected the most and having played it again, I'm not sure why. It's a great little album.

I'm irritated they're not playing anything from Hey Venus (that I've seen). That's one of my favourites. Unashamedly a pure pop album from start to finish.

The last couple of albums were a definite dip in quality from what went before. They still had some good songs on them though - Neo Consumer, the gift that keeps giving, Cardiff in the sun, the very best of Neil Diamond...

Hopefully will headline The Park or John Peel. The last time they played the other stage in the daytime was such a disappointment with people just being there for the sake of it and talking all the way through.

Great setlist for sure, but the sound was a bit of a botch job at the beginning. Drawing Rings Around The World sounded like it was being played in a giant wooly sock.

Thought exactly the same, it did improve as the set went on but still not great. Seems to be a common issue with that venue, dunno if it's the set up or just down to general acoustics.

What with B&S being down as Other, surely now this make SFA favourite for a Park Headline? I would say the Saturday with Sharon Van Etten on the Friday ( I can only hope :) )

What with B&S being down as Other, surely now this make SFA favourite for a Park Headline? I would say the Saturday with Sharon Van Etten on the Friday ( I can only hope :) )

Sharon Van Etten won't headline the Park! third or fourth down i'd say. definitely reckon SFA are gonna headline though

Thought exactly the same, it did improve as the set went on but still not great. Seems to be a common issue with that venue, dunno if it's the set up or just down to general acoustics.

Great set I thought. I was working the gig, at the front door actually so some of you probably walked right past.

As to the PA in the Academy, they literally just got a new one put in last week and they still tweaking it then it seems.

But it is meant to be a lot better, so hopefully it won't take to long for them to figure it out.

They were incredible tonight!

I thought there seemed to be a lot of the crowd talking during songs in the first half or so, maybe someone else who went could tell me if I'm going mad.

First thought was - the Mwng songs are sounding fantastic. They opened with a run of hits then did 4 or 5 from the album, was really impressed at how well they translated.

Zoom was an unexpected highlight, I thought it really showed itself live.

Then the whole final run of songs from Slow Life through to TMDGAF was sensational, the crowd really picked up. A few fuck ups on Mountain People but I'm glad I got to hear it, in fact - I pretty much got every song in there I wanted.

My first time watching these and I already can't wait for June. Friday, Park headline. Make it happen Eavis.

Edited by CHRLY