Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can wear suncream and a hat to protect you from the sun. There's not much you can do if your tent gets flooded :lol:

Was at a festival in Ireland in the late 90s were my tent flooded and I woke up lying in a pool of water. Still had a great weekend and would take that experience over how I felt on the Sunday at Glasto in '10 anyday.

You see I dont trust myself when Im drunk (even though Im supposed to be older and "maturer" nowadays)

Drunk me will stick on the wellies and raincoat when leaving the camp site and thats that....................trust drunk me to reapply and reapply cream and drink less booze, and drink more water, and wear a hat, and find shade and be more responsible about my person? Na, I have already failed at that and I dont trust drunk me..............

Scorchio can fuck right off

I want 19-21 degrees every day with a light breeze now and then. Cool dewy crisp mornings and a little cloud at night so it does not get too cold. A sprinkle of rain as we sleep at about 5-7am each morn would not be unacceptable...................make is so Zeus

Have those who say 2010 was too hot ever been on holiday to somewhere with a hot climate before?

Yeah and I had access to a swimming pool and an air conditioned building

Id get up late as opposed to booted out of a tent by 8am by the Sun. Stay out of the Sun at its peak and probably drink less during the day compared to when at a festival. Access to shade would never be an issue

Edited by ThomThomDrum

That really is grim looking on accuweather isn't it. However two or so days back it was saying consistent sun throughout the whole festival. Some years the weather is so settled you can start to get a fairly good idea this far out but i think its safe to say there is no solid predicition this year. The reports and weather itself have been so up and down that we wont get a true picture until the countryfile report on Sunday week i should think.

Agreed 100%. The weather past few weeks has been so unpredictable and varied it cannot possibly be forcast two weeks in advance.

Even the Countryfile forcast could be a load of bollox but will have more substance a few days before than any report now.

I didn't attend in 2010 but from someone who really suffers in hot conditions ,, I'm glad I wasn't there. Repeat of 2013-14 would be decent IMO

Have those who say 2010 was too hot ever been on holiday to somewhere with a hot climate before? *

* (Think I need a tongue out emoji inserted here .. Don't know how to on my phone though!!)

I would say try Dubai in July........... but having said that there's no air con at Glasto under 30c soaring sun with a tent like an oven :)

Have those who say 2010 was too hot ever been on holiday to somewhere with a hot climate before? *

Spent a week in 40c+ heat in Argentina before. Was fine as the hotel had air con and the pool was nice and cold.

I wasn't walking around all day and then sleeping in a tent that would've charred a chicken.

That said, 2010 was really only too hot on the Friday afternoon for a few hours. And that was mainly due to the fact I'd been up till 7am and had to leave the tent at 8am with a motherfucker of a hangover.

But if you're walking around with sweat dripping from your bollocks all day, its too hot! Its Glasto, not a sun holiday.

Anyway it doesn't matter this year because going by the weather forecasts, we're completely fucked. Showers and thunderstorms Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by The Nal

Jackone is giving us some hope albeit slight, but at present knows sweet FA by the sound of it :)

Summary
The long term models not so good this week, but looking at the medium term models, unsettled next week, and perhaps a slight sign of things improving just before the festival starts.

Jackone is giving us some hope albeit slight, but at present knows sweet FA by the sound of it :)

Summary

The long term models not so good this week, but looking at the medium term models, unsettled next week, and perhaps a slight sign of things improving just before the festival starts.

!!!KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Course it can. If you're sweating and looking for shade, putting on sun cream and drinking lots of water, its too hot.

This is similar to the bullshit bravado people pull with chilis. I like chilis, but they can be too hot sometimes.

Sweet Jesus

Hardly similar at all, people pay money to go on holiday where it's a fair bit hotter than it ever is in the UK, admittedly you wouldn't be staying in tents on holiday, but still, some people enjoy hot weather and I for one would rather have that than being freezing and soaking wet

Take an umbrella, good for rain or good for shade.

But shit for crowds at gigs.

!!!KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Absolutely, from this point on we need an almost religious devotion to the idea of a mainly dry weekend that favours our sleeping patterns and arrival and leaving times.

Hardly similar at all, people pay money to go on holiday where it's a fair bit hotter than it ever is in the UK, admittedly you wouldn't be staying in tents on holiday, but still, some people enjoy hot weather and I for one would rather have that than being freezing and soaking wet

So would I!

But this year unfortunately

Seeing The Nal as most recent poster in the Weather thread and still clicking on it is a bit like that sour milk you find in the fridge. You know you shuoyldn't/don't want to smell it again before you throw it out, but...

:)

Ben

Whos the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?