Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone created a spotify playlist for electronica/dance?

Looking forward to Avalon emerson, Bruce, Giant Swan and four tet woohoo!

Disappointed with the main acts this year but I'm loving the dance music variety.

If no-ones made one I'll get cracking on it.

Edited by Bannyman

1 hour ago, Bannyman said:

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone created a spotify playlist for electronica/dance?

Looking forward to Avalon emerson, Bruce, Giant Swan and four tet woohoo!

Disappointed with the main acts this year but I'm loving the dance music variety.

If no-ones made one I'll get cracking on it.

Check out the spreadsheet mate......

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit#gid=0

19 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This has probably been covered but - I have never been in the Beat Hotel. What is "Room service"? I am planning on being at the Pyramid early on Friday and Saturday. Will there be a DJ on for Room service or is it something else?

AFAIK rooms service is just the beat Hotel resident djs spinning tunes

On 6/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

This has probably been covered but - I have never been in the Beat Hotel. What is "Room service"? I am planning on being at the Pyramid early on Friday and Saturday. Will there be a DJ on for Room service or is it something else?

Residents just to get the day going. Grab yourself a bloody mary and have a sit down. 

Hello all been reading this thread with interest. This will be my second glastonbury. In 2017 I had a few fun nights but didn't make it to SEC. In fact I was in bed by 1am or 2am every night, except after Radiohead on the Friday when I stayed out a bit later because I was pretty "spangled", to use the phrase popular here. Anyway I would love recommdations as to some DJs I might like. I love stuff along the lines of New Order, Underworld, The Orb, 808 State, Orbital, Leftfield, Massive Attack, Future Sounds of London, Hot Chip, TTED, Chem Bros, Four Tet, Sasha & Digweed (saw them at WHP in 2017) and up to present day Bicep and Jamie XX (I'm aware "Gosh" is probably appalling to some of you, but I absolutely loved it). I think this probably means I like fairly melodic house or 90s rave! Thanks very much. 

Had a great day at AVA on Friday, saw some absolutely unreal sets from cromby, dj boring, HAAi, motor city drum ensenble, avalon emerson, mall grab, and len faki. saw green velvet the next day which was your usual groove but lots of fun nonetheless. best part about getting into this music is going to events where you haven't seen a single DJ on the lineup perform before :) 

9 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Hello all been reading this thread with interest. This will be my second glastonbury. In 2017 I had a few fun nights but didn't make it to SEC. In fact I was in bed by 1am or 2am every night, except after Radiohead on the Friday when I stayed out a bit later because I was pretty "spangled", to use the phrase popular here. Anyway I would love recommdations as to some DJs I might like. I love stuff along the lines of New Order, Underworld, The Orb, 808 State, Orbital, Leftfield, Massive Attack, Future Sounds of London, Hot Chip, TTED, Chem Bros, Four Tet, Sasha & Digweed (saw them at WHP in 2017) and up to present day Bicep and Jamie XX (I'm aware "Gosh" is probably appalling to some of you, but I absolutely loved it). I think this probably means I like fairly melodic house or 90s rave! Thanks very much. 

Check out the glade on thursday, Digweed, George Fitzgerald, Hernan Cattaneo & Nick Warren.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rubick said:

Just reading on the Twitter that this is that final year of the Beat Hotel.

Yeah, we'd noticed that and people had commented when they were announcing...'Closing Party'.

Be interesting to see what happens to that portion of the festival line-up in 2020. It's not a huge venue, but it has a pretty significant line-up in terms of the DJs who play, and the unique part of the programme it offers.

It invariably has a large number of the big names doing smaller sets, conspicuously distant from the SEC etc., and so is an important part of dividing the crowd across site.

It does 'need' a replacement going forwards as I'd hate to see this large chunk of dance music lost from the overall...

Ben

I daresay that area will still have a dance music focus going forward, maybe with a larger venue size? If Glastonbury are serious about sending late-night traffic away from SE Corner, I completely agree with you in that they really need some beats on the BH side of the site. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I watched Haai and Willows Boiler Rooms, might make room for Haai now in my schedule. Looks a top event to be fair. Going Parklife this weekend (local, free ticket, I’m not a scumbag) deffo gonna watch Cromby he’s doing an after party too might go.

Who was best you saw?

Just watched the HAAi set (and the woman climbing/falling over the barrier?!?) and as always a fun set.

She has come a long way since Ridley Road Market Bar in Dalston

7 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I watched Haai and Willows Boiler Rooms, might make room for Haai now in my schedule. Looks a top event to be fair. Going Parklife this weekend (local, free ticket, I’m not a scumbag) deffo gonna watch Cromby he’s doing an after party too might go.

Who was best you saw?

HAAi and Mall Grab were my top favourites honestly, but wouldn't say a single DJ even came close to missing the mark! I'm also heading to Parklife, slightly dreading the crowd but the amount of acts to see would've been hard for me to miss.

The biggest headache atm is last thing Sunday & Felix vs Slipmatt (or Storm over in Stonebridge). I realise that I won't care by then and the emotion of last knockings will take hold, but it's a real head-scratcher. Also, whatever happened to Kevin Saunderson?

18 minutes ago, Fishman said:

The biggest headache atm is last thing Sunday & Felix vs Slipmatt (or Storm over in Stonebridge). I realise that I won't care by then and the emotion of last knockings will take hold, but it's a real head-scratcher. Also, whatever happened to Kevin Saunderson?

Think Inner City are playing on the Sunday, maybe no dj set then? 

15 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Saturday night would be right up your street 

green peace 

stanton warriors (breaks)

Elvana (not dance but bloody good fun, nirvana / elvis tribute)

Norman Jay MBE ( check out some of his sets)

other stage

Chemicals

Pangea 

fat boy eats everything  (does what it  says on the tin)

there is  TBA on afterwards, who ever they are they should be fun

bimble in

more stanton warriors (you can never have too much stanton warriors)

watch the sun come up at the stone circle

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Don't get me wrong it gets good lineups but the inside of that tent is pretty bland compared to Sonic, Arcadia, Genysys etc

I'm actually not a fan of the BH as a venue at all (doesn't have the sort of 'feel' I like usually, and the sound is nothing more than OK, for me), but I just wouldn't want to see a chunk of electronic stuff that big be lost and not replaced. As others have said, I'm sure they'll replace with a venue to offer similar fare on that side of the festival.

Ben

3 hours ago, Ninety9 said:

Just watched the HAAi set (and the woman climbing/falling over the barrier?!?) and as always a fun set.

She has come a long way since Ridley Road Market Bar in Dalston

It’s really interesting to see someone start off as a warm up DJ with a little cult following become a headline act. She’s become a staple in the scene now!