Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

He really owes you, doesn't he, Mez?!

Other than that Pangea TBA, I don't see any obvious gaps...and he ain't playing there, I think we'd all agree.

Anywhere with a space in Silver Hayes? Beat Hotel, his natural stomping ground, seems all sewn up.

Ben

He definitely does, it's the only time he's ever let me down. Seen him several times and always brilliant, one of my favourite about. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Currently working on my festival schedule with Stenny's Munich BR set in my ears. That Friday night of Jon Hopkins through to Stenny closing IICON is looking insanely good for me.

Ben

been listening to that today and it’s definately a bit of me hadn’t heard of him before but it’s a great find and he’s quickly become a must see for me

I'm sure I remember being high in a friends bedroom as a teenager very late at night and watching BBC coverage of the dance village (as it used to be) many years ago, is there really nothing dancey off the main stages that they cover any more?

I agree I don't want anything intrusive in terms of cameras and production but I also wouldn't mind being able to relive a few of the big sets from the electronic focused stages when I'm back and on the level again. Also, consider how much clash chat there's been on this thread, I could spend a whole Glastonbury's worth of time watching sets that I chose not to go to...

1 minute ago, hmmmloddy said:

I'm sure I remember being high in a friends bedroom as a teenager very late at night and watching BBC coverage of the dance village (as it used to be) many years ago, is there really nothing dancey off the main stages that they cover any more?

I agree I don't want anything intrusive in terms of cameras and production but I also wouldn't mind being able to relive a few of the big sets from the electronic focused stages when I'm back and on the level again. Also, consider how much clash chat there's been on this thread, I could spend a whole Glastonbury's worth of time watching sets that I chose not to go to...

Great idea*

Ben

*no crowd shots, please...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Always wanted to attend a Boiler Room event. How does one go about getting tickets? There are some amazing sets out there

They've done a few in Glasgow over the years and you've just had to apply for entry, then it's luck of the draw 

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ah, I thought as much. A bit like those Cercle events? They always look fantastic

My mate went to Fatboy Slim Cercle in Brighton. Just applied online for that.

They look unreal.

Len Faki at the new york air and space museum next week sounds good.

Do we have a common consensus to where most of us on this thread will be at the same time?

My only 100%-ers are:

Friday - Arcadia from around 10:30 - 3am, after I have walked down from Michael Kiwanuka at the park, I don't plan on leaving.

Saturday - Sepktre 2pm. Hopefully it wont be too packed / too hot in there,  but I will be there for some afternoon techno.

Everything else I will play by ear.

Sunday could see me finishing in the Temple. I have never been in there & I need to. (Eats Everything) or possibly the Glade for Eat Static.

7 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Do we have a common consensus to where most of us on this thread will be at the same time?

My only 100%-ers are:

Friday - Arcadia from around 10:30 - 3am, after I have walked down from Michael Kiwanuka at the park, I don't plan on leaving.

Saturday - Sepktre 2pm. Hopefully it wont be too packed / too hot in there,  but I will be there for some afternoon techno.

Everything else I will play by ear.

Sunday could see me finishing in the Temple. I have never been in there & I need to. (Eats Everything) or possibly the Glade for Eat Static.

Electronica-wise, 100% will not miss Spektre

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

I’m glad that people aren’t quite aware of all the after hours side of a Glastonbury to be honest. Look at the success of say Elrow *shudders* then the kind of crowd it brings, who tell their mates etc etc.

No way idiots wouldn’t flock to Glastonbury en mass if they had a better idea of what it was like. The crowd is good at Glastonbury everyone is alright. 

On a much smaller scale I went the first couple of Parklifes when it was at Plat Fields Park. It was a class event mainly students and ravers. No dickheads then year on year it got bigger. Went the first one at Heaton Park, someone got murdered I think and another lads face slashed open. I haven’t been since except I’m going this year as I’ve got a free ticket. 

30 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m glad that people aren’t quite aware of all the after hours side of a Glastonbury to be honest. Look at the success of say Elrow *shudders* then the kind of crowd it brings, who tell their mates etc etc.

No way idiots wouldn’t flock to Glastonbury en mass if they had a better idea of what it was like. The crowd is good at Glastonbury everyone is alright. 

On a much smaller scale I went the first couple of Parklifes when it was at Plat Fields Park. It was a class event mainly students and ravers. No dickheads then year on year it got bigger. Went the first one at Heaton Park, someone got murdered I think and another lads face slashed open. I haven’t been since except I’m going this year as I’ve got a free ticket. 

I went to Parklife @ Platt Fields. Ian Brown & DJ Yoda were on.

Saw 2 massive scraps.

Never been back

16 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Didn't he release basically the same statement at the time? Sure I recall him initially putting something out, followed by a further statement addressing things in more detail which is pretty much what his most recent statement covers. It's a difficult thing to get right isn't it? The rehabiliation and stuff, I just hope it all gets done properly, and all of the effected parties are cool with it.

He basically said he’s got no recollection of it happening. Half arsed explanation really.

Alright there my electronic guru's. Just been listening to a High Contrast set from Let it Roll in 2015 and it is right up my drum and bass street. Vocally, uplifting, bouncy and lovely, the shit news is that HC seems to clash with at least two other of my must sees on both his sets. I know that most on here seem to be deep into the heay Techno side of things but any recommendations for similar bouncy DnB out there that is not between the peak 11 - 1pm clashathon that i already have. 

PEACE 

24 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Alright there my electronic guru's. Just been listening to a High Contrast set from Let it Roll in 2015 and it is right up my drum and bass street. Vocally, uplifting, bouncy and lovely, the shit news is that HC seems to clash with at least two other of my must sees on both his sets. I know that most on here seem to be deep into the heay Techno side of things but any recommendations for similar bouncy DnB out there that is not between the peak 11 - 1pm clashathon that i already have. 

PEACE 

The Hospital records take overs are what you're looking for

Gas Tower on Thursday night

Samula all night Sunday

Edited by Chris Wilders Moretti

chase and status's album was released today

so far it sounds awesome, surely they are the TBA on pangea

the Stanton warriors new album was also released today, that will get listened to over the weekend while i pack

10 minutes ago, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

Weather dependant, I think their set in on the rave tree in the green peace field could be one of the most enjoyable of the weekend

fuck me , i  didn't relaise they were playing there. i only knew about the Saturday night and Sunday afternoon

fuck me Saturday just got better

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

The Hospital records take overs are what you're looking for

Gas Tower on Thursday night

Samula all night Sunday

I think this is where I'll be finishing my Sunday night. Perfect vibes to close out the festival. Hoping Samula is going to be a MASSIVE improvement on The Cave which I always found a let down vs The Temple.