Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

The beat hotel and its various different names only seem to last a few years ... in the times ive been going its also been called the guardian lounge and cocktails and dreams ... maybe something else too ...? ok they aren't the same thing but have been in that position on site 

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just calling into the most confusing of threads to ask if this is the last year of the Beat Hotel?

Sorry if I'm being one of those people and it's already been discussed.Screenshot_20190529-162416_Twitter.jpg.38d2b262fc3b4bb1e299bd87cd703b90.jpg

The cleanup crew will be delighted with this going and lovebullets tooo ... 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Just calling into the most confusing of threads to ask if this is the last year of the Beat Hotel?

Sorry if I'm being one of those people and it's already been discussed.Screenshot_20190529-162416_Twitter.jpg.38d2b262fc3b4bb1e299bd87cd703b90.jpg

The burning question is - Why are they using the Byker Grove font?!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Could easily do another festival watching the opposite of everyone we’ve decided as a group to see. Democracy is king.

Thursday is S.A.S.S - Batu - Avalon Emerson (so up for that) - Job Jobse/Paranoid London (to be decided on the night I think)

Friday On a loop take over - Mac Demarco - On a Loop - MS Hill - Peach - Leon Vynehall - Tame Impala - Richards UFO - Zenker Brothers - Stenny 

Saturday Four Tet - Joe Goddard b2! Saoirsy - Carl Cox - Greg Wilson/Lizzo (depends on how much my missis wants me go with her!) - LG - Chem Bros - then all hell breaks loose. We can’t decide at all between Larry Heard, Call Super Haai, Hessel Audio, Gideon, Tony Humphries. Didn’t someone say A Future plays electro/breaks? 

Sunday Davos - Kylie - Roy Ayers - Seth Troxler Disco set - then another big fucking undecided between either watching The Streets or The Cure then going S.E.C or sacking them off and going there save the hassle later. Once there you’ve got Josh Wink, Black Madonna b2b Garrett David, Karenn, Eris Drew, Mr Fingers, Luke Howard. Also who is Frankenstein? 

If anyone with a keen eye has spotted any gaps of stuff you think we’d like let me know alternatively if you’re looking at our undecided and thinking there isn’t even a contest there let me know.

44 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It's clashes go leoir after midnight... I want to see Avalon Emerson but it'll surely be impossible to get near the beat hotel for t hat?

Hard to tell, but it'll probably be sardines - new block9 layout and some massive names to boot, plus other pretty big draws in the SEC at the same time, and the Glade I guess. Stonebridge is maybe not as big of a pull then, nor much in Silver Hayes, and no Arcadia... 

Edited by Tuna

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hard to tell, but it'll probably be sardines - new block9 layout and some massive names to boot, plus other pretty big draws in the SEC at the same time, and the Glade I guess. Stonebridge is maybe not as big of a pull then, nor much in Silver Hayes, and no Arcadia... 

Yeah hoping the SEC, the Mall Grab affair on Blues and Stonebridge take a bit of the heat away. I'll just try and get down by the front corners in good time 

Can someone help me with Thursday night?? 4 way clash

Digweed / Glade / 1140-0145  

Randomer / Genosys /  2330-0130

Avalon Emerson / Beat Hotel / 0000-0130

Prospa / Wow / 0100-0200

Randomer is a completely new find for me and I'm super excited about him so I was thinking about doing the first hour of him and then hot footing it over to Prospa where I think there's a good chance of a personal 'festival moment'. I also feel like I know what to expect from Emerson/Digweed and there's a lower chance of them absolutely smashing it vs playing solid.

So a few questions:

For those with experience of Randomer: is he the kind to really build a set over the 2 hour slot that would be criminal to miss the second half of? 

What do we think the chances are of Avalon Emerson or John Digweed popping up again somewhere else?

Is the walk from Block 9 to Silver Hayes a potentially deflationary move that will leave me

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Sunday Davos - Kylie - Roy Ayers - Seth Troxler Disco set - then another big fucking undecided between either watching The Streets or The Cure then going S.E.C or sacking them off and going there save the hassle later. Once there you’ve got Josh Wink, Black Madonna b2b Garrett David, Karenn, Eris Drew, Mr Fingers, Luke Howard. Also who is Frankenstein? 

If anyone with a keen eye has spotted any gaps of stuff you think we’d like let me know alternatively if you’re looking at our undecided and thinking there isn’t even a contest there let me know.

Not sure how attached you are to The Cure but if you're 50/50 then I'd go for The Streets with the 2245 finish and a good chance of beating the crowds from all the other big headliners in to the SEC. After that: whatever feels right.

5 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

Not sure how attached you are to The Cure but if you're 50/50 then I'd go for The Streets with the 2245 finish and a good chance of beating the crowds from all the other big headliners in to the SEC. After that: whatever feels right.

Not attached to any really. Considering sacking both, saving my legs and getting stuck into S.E.C then I think probably never get to see The Cure again but can’t be arsed with the crowds. I’ve seen The Streets before but two classic albums. I dunno!

13 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

Can someone help me with Thursday night?? 4 way clash

Digweed / Glade / 1140-0145  

Randomer / Genosys /  2330-0130

Avalon Emerson / Beat Hotel / 0000-0130

Prospa / Wow / 0100-0200

Randomer is a completely new find for me and I'm super excited about him so I was thinking about doing the first hour of him and then hot footing it over to Prospa where I think there's a good chance of a personal 'festival moment'. I also feel like I know what to expect from Emerson/Digweed and there's a lower chance of them absolutely smashing it vs playing solid.

So a few questions:

For those with experience of Randomer: is he the kind to really build a set over the 2 hour slot that would be criminal to miss the second half of? 

What do we think the chances are of Avalon Emerson or John Digweed popping up again somewhere else?

Is the walk from Block 9 to Silver Hayes a potentially deflationary move that will leave me

I think of myself as a bit of a ninja, in terms of getting from venue to venue.

But even I think that hot-footing it from Genosys to Wow! is pushing it, especially as Wow! is typically ramalamadingdong on the Thursday night.

Do the right thing and just do all of Randomer and straight into Partok ;)

Just about a perfect end to the first night proper

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think of myself as a bit of a ninja, in terms of getting from venue to venue.

But even I think that hot-footing it from Genosys to Wow! is pushing it, especially as Wow! is typically ramalamadingdong on the Thursday night.

Do the right thing and just do all of Randomer and straight into Partok ;)

Just about a perfect end to the first night proper

Ben

Sage words. I too back myself in getting around so it's good to hear some caution on that front as I reckon the fallow year has probably shrunk all the distances in my head. I'm all up for settling in to Randomer and if I'm in the SEC then I might also check out Raime and the IICON set up afterwards.......BUT if I'm a grown up about all of this and don't charge off to Silver Hayes, where am I getting my transcendant/epic/happy moment from that I was going to have at Prospa?