Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, northernbro said:

If we left the cure early around 11 would that leave enough time to get into Downlow by 12:30 for The Black Madonna? ??

never seen her or been in the downlow before so seems a perfect chance...

Only been in the Downlow a couple of times, and never on Fri/Sat/Sun. but I'd say that you would be fine to get in with those plans.

Park and JPT will have finished by then, so there will be a fair few already free and heading for the SEC, plus of course the hardcore who are down there already, but The Cure, CATQ and Janelle should give you a good enough head start. She'll be popular mind, and early enough for the tired to try for the Downlow for one last hurrah.

You can always join me at Genosys for Josh Wink The Master ;)

Ben

Couple of questions for the heads:

Only one of four tet's sets says (dj set) - wishful thinking to assume the other ones are live? Can't see the arcadia set being a live one, which only leaves the wow tent and 2 hours seems a bit on the long side.

Anyone know anything about Honcho - playing Genosys on the Friday? Appears to be a LGBT housey night in the US, rather than an actual DJ so possibly a collective of djs?

cheers

6 minutes ago, frozenfish said:

Only one of four tet's sets says (dj set) - wishful thinking to assume the other ones are live? Can't see the arcadia set being a live one, which only leaves the wow tent and 2 hours seems a bit on the long side.

Anyone know anything about Honcho - playing Genosys on the Friday? Appears to be a LGBT housey night in the US, rather than an actual DJ so possibly a collective of djs?

cheers

I can't imagine any of the sets will be live for Four Tet, they would have defnitely advertised it as a live show if it was. I think it's just different areas sometimes stick (dj set) after the acts names and others don't bother with it.

32 minutes ago, chibukushakeshake said:

Very welcome. Just wish the ticket gods had been kind!

Aw mate that is grim. Your willingness to help out even in such circumstances shows impeccable Rave Manners and this will be noted on your permanent record when you are up for promotion! 

22 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Makina! It's absolutely bonkers, quite similar to bounce or donk – and will very heartfelt as a power hour from Topping, who grew up on the stuff.

Once made a makina edit of My Chemical Romance for a laugh. The whole thing, really, should be a laugh.

Makina is probably best described as a spin-off of happy hardcore/gabba that originated in the north east of England. Used to be called Nu Monkey, but seems to have taken on a new title. Frantic bpm usually accompanied by a geordie MC. Best enjoyed with speed I'd suggest! I'm guessing Topping may have grown up listening to it given his NE heritage so no doubt will give a good representation of it at Spaceport. I've been to a couple of nights before out of intrigue and they were fun, certainly a bit different! Given their parallels with gabba, they have known to host dutch/belgium gabba djs and vice versa, so there is a nice community there. This article provides some helpful background on the genre: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/r795a9/makina-the-youth-culture-phenomenon-taking-over-newcastle

Not a fan of Topping's usual tech-house stuff but I certainly will be poking my head in for this!

1 hour ago, rubick said:

Larry then Hessle Audio seems like a rather pleasant late night/early morning! ?

Is this the big new venue that has been mentioned? The description of it seems interesting but it doesn't mention how big it is. If its not massive it'll likely be a nightmare to get into on saturday night. 

4 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Is this the big new venue that has been mentioned? The description of it seems interesting but it doesn't mention how big it is. If its not massive it'll likely be a nightmare to get into on saturday night. 

From what I can gather, it's going to be the same sort of set-up as Genosys, on round the corner a bit. Hopefully means a larger capacity for B9 overall. 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd be so so surprised if that TBA was Chase and Status. It'd be a seriously mass exodus of people after Fatboy/EE

Not saying Fatboy into Chase is a logical transition, but in 2013, there was a 2-3am TBA set on Arcadia, which turned out to be Chase and Status. Guess who played before them? Fatboy Slim...

giphy.gif.fc66d316a6575888b5c7d60cf985be37.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, frozenfish said:

cheers

I doubt any will be live. And he won’t have his lights with him either ?

Shame though... this could def work somewhere at the festival! 

21F2613C-DA80-473F-B6EF-739BBC694F44.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Not saying Fatboy into Chase is a logical transition, but in 2013, there was a 2-3am TBA set on Arcadia, which turned out to be Chase and Status. Guess who played before them? Fatboy Slim...

giphy.gif.fc66d316a6575888b5c7d60cf985be37.gif

I am liking them odds

2 hours ago, rubick said:

From what I can gather, it's going to be the same sort of set-up as Genosys, on round the corner a bit. Hopefully means a larger capacity for B9 overall. 

I read that the capacity is 15k for this stage so its gonna be massive! 

29 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

I’m not far from tommy and it’s still big around here. Local club pulled over a 1000 last month which is unusual for dance nights here now. 

One of the lads I’m coming with was/is pretty well known in bounce circles, so we might pop our heads in. 

Where you from out of interest?

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

I am liking them odds

Thinking on it a bit more though, thing is Chase and Status were on site in 2013 headlining the Other if memory serves. Whereas this year they are not playing. That said, wondering if Chemical Brothers are more likely as the TBA.

27 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

I read that the capacity is 15k for this stage so its gonna be massive! 

If you look at the new map, Block9, now in two parts, East and West, has nicked pretty much the whole of Glasto Latino.

If we assume that the scales and relative sizes are not far off, compare the size of the Genosys half (Genosys now presumably being the square where London Underground was) and the IICON half. Crowd capacity at IICON looks to be bloody enormous!

Ben

Webmap-2019-v4.png

Edited by bennyhana22

59 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

Also, I think my decision on Thursday night clashmageddon will see me missing both Randomer AND Avalon Emerson in favour of a Prospa simply because they replied to my tweet with such enthusiasm

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 15.54.25.png

Very hard not to give them your support when they've been so nice in their responses! The Thursday night at Glastonbury has gone from being an evening of bimbling about hoping for something good, to a 24 karat clashterfuck!

Ben