Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, DJL said:

You have my taste in 'dance' music. Eager to hear what others say... I usually struggle to find my taste in the SE corner. 

Dan Shake has already been recommended. My vague intention for Friday is so to see him then Prosumer before Soul Summit Music (NYC) in the Downlow followed by Deptford Northern Soul at Deluxe Diner.

Also did you see the Justice film is being shown at Pilton Palais, don't know what that'll be like? I saw the Chems Don't Think at Bestival one year and it was ace.

It will come as no surprise that the Justice, Ed Banger, Ed Rec is something I bloody love, I’ve not seen anything that really fills that hole, but if anyone finds something please link it to here, I love a lot of ‘weird’ noise stuff but my first love is the bloghaus/electro/Ed rec scene so keen to find some 

7 hours ago, DJL said:

Cracking line-up. Never bothered with the queue before...might tempt me to try (get impatient and inevitably fail)

The rabbit hole funkingham palace is not on the official line up, I was wondering if anyone knew where it was or what it looked like as the rabbit hole has a different line up advertised so assume it's a differnet part of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clitbang said:

The rabbit hole funkingham palace is not on the official line up, I was wondering if anyone knew where it was or what it looked like as the rabbit hole has a different line up advertised so assume it's a differnet part of it.

It is the venue within the Rabbit Hole tunnel system.

You get to it via a special entry point that is usually in front of a long queue. Opens evening till dawn.

There are lots of very special features that make this venue magical. Contains bogs and a bar so you stay all night.

The decor is Alice in Wonderland on acid.

• Upvote 1

7am train and I’m drowning out the daytrippers, listening to that Monika Kruse Timewarp 2018 mix for the third time. So strong. I don’t think I can do 4:30am Saturday night/Sunday morning for her Temple set and it’s making me ? What with having my young un with us, I don’t want to miss Sunday day with him as he’s dead set on seeing The Cure Sunday night and I’m not. Have we already discussed the idea she is is the 2am TBA Pangea slot ?? or am I reaching?

10 hours ago, ian the worm said:

It is the venue within the Rabbit Hole tunnel system.

You get to it via a special entry point that is usually in front of a long queue. Opens evening till dawn.

There are lots of very special features that make this venue magical. Contains bogs and a bar so you stay all night.

The decor is Alice in Wonderland on acid.

Nice one, I've never been. think I may have a wonder in on the Wednesday to get my bearings.

Edited by clitbang

Just now, clitbang said:

Nice one, I've never been i think I may have a wander in on Wednesday to get my bearings.

The main Rabbit Hole stage opens every lunchtime from Wednesday, with DJs and it’s bar. 

The tunnel system (and therefore Funkingham Palace) opens every evening from Thursday. 

On 6/7/2019 at 6:30 PM, hmmmloddy said:

Hang in there man - power to you for being open about it and for knowing you don't need the gear to enjoy the beats. On a disco vibe: Jayda G is fuckin ace; Carl Cox is playing a disco set (but neither in the SEC), Dan Shake also an option (has a set in the meat rack). Greenpeace might have a few good options for you later on too (Crazy P?).  Prospa are new and I think might be up your street. Check out some sets from a lot of the names above here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit#gid=0

Had no idea about the spreadsheet, shows how I've paid zero attention to this thread when I probably should have! Some awesome recommendations in there, Dan Shake is a definite favourite! Weren't sure if Carl Cox would be exactly what I was after but his disco set totally is! Thanks for the recommendations! 

14 hours ago, Tr234 said:

Glasto app is showing Dusky as 12pm - 2am on the Spaceport Sunday, must be a mistake. But got me thinking, does anyone know what's the longest set anyone has done at the festival?

Didn't Underworld play some experimental improv set for like 12 hours in the green fields or suchlike back in the 90s?

16 hours ago, Tr234 said:

Glasto app is showing Dusky as 12pm - 2am on the Spaceport Sunday, must be a mistake. But got me thinking, does anyone know what's the longest set anyone has done at the festival?

Springsteen, surely.  His 2009 set lasted until about 2013.

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2019 at 8:02 AM, ravermum said:

7am train and I’m drowning out the daytrippers, listening to that Monika Kruse Timewarp 2018 mix for the third time. So strong. I don’t think I can do 4:30am Saturday night/Sunday morning for her Temple set and it’s making me ? What with having my young un with us, I don’t want to miss Sunday day with him as he’s dead set on seeing The Cure Sunday night and I’m not. Have we already discussed the idea she is is the 2am TBA Pangea slot ?? or am I reaching?

I’m really sorry to say that I just can’t see that happening, @ravermum ?

It seems so unlikely she’d finish on one stage and play again 90 minutes later on another. That would be pretty atypical at Glastonbury, I’d say. Also, if it was her, why wouldn’t she be announced already? Surely the TBA is listed as that either (a) to be a big fanfare late/secret announcement or (b) contractual issues has delayed GFL putting the name out there...

Of course, you could always just gun it and do Monika with us AND make sure your boy has a fabbo Sunday...?

Ben

15 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Springsteen, surely.  His 2009 set lasted until about 2013.

To be fair, it actually got almost half decent at some point in November 2012!

Neil Young's guitar solo on Down By The River must have been one of the longest ever. It went on so long I actually forgot what song he was playing until it kicked back in.

Edited by Homer

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I’m really sorry to say that I just can’t see that happening, @ravermum ?

It seems so unlikely she’d finish on one stage and play again 90 minutes later on another. That would be pretty atypical at Glastonbury, I’d say. Also, if it was her, why wouldn’t she be announced already? Surely the TBA is listed as that either (a) to be a big fanfare late/secret announcement or (b) contractual issues has delayed GFL putting the name out there...

Of course, you could always just gun it and do Monika with us AND make sure your boy has a fabbo Sunday...?

Ben

This is true. I am indeed considering this option