Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

13 hours ago, GWR said:

There will be much Yeeeeeeeeeeoow-ing done in a couple of weeks time! 

Am I right @rubick?

Have been wondering about my Sunday headliner plans, I'll be in jpt for friendly fires so maybe stay on for streets then

You have to get the timber of the Yeeeeooooooow just right, preferably with a long intake of breath and a forceful throwing back of the head and hit that drop at the key moment. I worry about oul Rab in case he's out of practice ?

• Like 1

Didn't want to make a new thread for this (with my name on) and thought this might be a good place to ask.... My mate just told me that they were doing "more searches" this year. No idea where he got this from, or what it means. Haven't heard it anywhere though. I remember in 2017 they advertised extra searches due to the Manchester bombing, but don't remember seeing a similar announcement this year. Anyone heard anything?

Asking for a friend ?

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Didn't want to make a new thread for this (with my name on) and thought this might be a good place to ask.... My mate just told me that they were doing "more searches" this year. No idea where he got this from, or what it means. Haven't heard it anywhere though. I remember in 2017 they advertised extra searches due to the Manchester bombing, but don't remember seeing a similar announcement this year. Anyone heard anything?

Asking for a friend ?

Hmmmm that would be a shame. Can you not ask your friend where he got this info from....?!

22 hours ago, shuttlep said:

sounds like a cop out to me.

they say they have to get more female DJ's and I get that, but if it is Annie Mac shows they have not put much thought in to it. There are better woman out there

Exactly what I was thinking. She said she’ll reveal the slot this week, although I’m hoping it’s not the crane!

I haven’t seen anyone mention Eclair Fifi yet. Her sets are so much fun, seen her twice and she smashed it out the park! Bit gutted she’s doing b2b with ermmmm someone I can’t remember now, so I don’t expect it to be her disco heavy self. Kind of hope she’ll jump on with Haai somewhere, but I’ll most likely miss it.

19 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Asking for a friend ?

2 of our group didn't get tickets and has a job working gates this year. I am getting a heads up on Tuesday. I will see what I can find out.

17 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I went Parklife this weekend (I got a free ticket) weather was horrendous, I’ve never felt so old but I had a great time.

Paul Woolford was very good, shame he had a pop at Glastonbury on Twitter and he’ll probably never play now.

Moodmann is a true one off. He started off by giving it up for Crazy P y’all then proceeded to point at Midland (poor Midland!) then to add insult to injury he played a loop of Pick Up by Koze for literally 20-25 mins as he poured everyone on the front row a drink and then another drink. Dunno if Midland got a drink too but if I was him I’d wonder what I ever did to Kenny Dixon Jr. 

At some point a chant of “wooop there it is” broke out amongst the crowd (this was a theme of the weekend, madness) and he jumps on the mic “yeahhhh wooop Derrr is y’all”. What a man.

Ben UFO b2b Call Super was seriously good, they ended on that Vortex by Special Request who was watching the set behind them. Was a nice moment and an absolute tune. More chants of wooop there it is.

Nas was sick greatest hits set I’d never seen him before either so was a real moment for me. If I Ruled the World got me very excited for Ms Hill.

Went to Soup Kitchen for after party Willow was on she was good would love to see her at Glastonbury one day. 

Sunday was a total washout so was unbearably full in the tent for Daniel Avery and sound was shite how far away we were so we sacked it off.

Managed to get back in for half an hour of Helena Hauff who was banging and it took the absolute man of me to leave.

The Streets were absolutely brilliant, the last time I saw them was at Leeds Festival years ago and in truth they were shite that day. The break has obviously done him some good because he put in the best performance I saw all weekend. Must see at Glastonbury after that. Set list was bang on and he even managed to get the sun out. If you were on the fence about what to do Sunday night I’d recommend them.

What did Paul Woodford say about Glasto?

56 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Asking for a friend ?

You can put drugs up your arsehole, behind you ball sack, up your vagina or maybe in between your toes. Apart from that they might stumble upon them. It’s not hard. 

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. She said she’ll reveal the slot this week, although I’m hoping it’s not the crane!

I haven’t seen anyone mention Eclair Fifi yet. Her sets are so much fun, seen her twice and she smashed it out the park! Bit gutted she’s doing b2b with ermmmm someone I can’t remember now, so I don’t expect it to be her disco heavy self. Kind of hope she’ll jump on with Haai somewhere, but I’ll most likely miss it.

Have her set down for the Friday, she's on with fort romeau just before palms trax in the beat Hotel, looking forward to that! Love her nts show, never heard her live. Hoping to get to the beat Hotel after Jon Hopkins OK to get in for it

21 minutes ago, GWR said:

Have her set down for the Friday, she's on with fort romeau just before palms trax in the beat Hotel, looking forward to that! Love her nts show, never heard her live. Hoping to get to the beat Hotel after Jon Hopkins OK to get in for it

That’s my plan too! I don’t really know the distances, as it’s my first, so I kind of expect missing half my itinerary, but here’s hoping!

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Asking for a friend ?

2017 was the fastest I’ve ever gotten in. 

There will always be claims of increased security but at the end of the day, with that many people pouring through the gates there’s only so much they can really do without slowing things down significantly. If there is an increase, im sure it’ll hardly be noticed, and as always you’d just be unfortunate to get properly searched - brief body and bag pat downs as per for most I’d assume.

26 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Fort Romeau? He's good!

I’ve seen him on lineups this year quite a lot, but never had the chance to catch him anywhere. Only got to scroll throught this set as I’m On my break, but from what I can hear it might work well with Eclair Fifi! Cheers buddy!

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Fort Romeau? He's good!

Been wanting to catch them both for quite a while so to have that plus added palms trax after I was well pleased! Just hoping the beat hotel isn't too much of a melt at that time. 

13 hours ago, Tuna said:

^ and speak of which, does anyone know of anyone that went to their thing in Morocco? 

About 6 of my mates went, although they arnt really massive dance music heads.

They said it was good although I think they had a better time in and Marrakesh.

Dont know if they’d be rushing back. 

Not sure if this warrants a thread of it’s own, but I’d be interested to know what people’s must see set for the weekend is.

I’ll start off. Mines on Thursday, George FitzGerald at The Glade, which I assume is more of a live’ thing. Closely followed by Avalon Emerson at The Beat, whom I must confess, I’d never heard of before checking out this thread so thanks a lot 

Over to you guys

I'm going to say Monika Kruse.

It's my only set in The Temple.

I've never seen her before.

It's perfectly placed in the festival - closing out Saturday night, with an amazing couple of nights behind me, but still another full one ahead.

It's a set that will start just before dawn, so should be magical.

As it's so late/early, those there should really want to be there.

Honourable mentions to Karenn and Josh Wink. Oh, and Randomer. Oh, and CdW on Pangea - that could be very special...

Suffice to say, I'm quite excited.

Ben