Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Ben Klock is boring as fuck in my opinion. Dettmann is better but I’m not mad on either of them. I often wonder how many people would go mad for them if they didn’t have “Berghain” plastered all over every poster they’re on. That’s not to say people don’t like them, they obviously do.

Neither are my favourites to be honest, but I have heard some mega sets from both.

Here is someone in my favourites list. Not heard this yet, so afternoon listening sorted -

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

18 hours ago, Mardy said:

I thought i was woefully out of touch, but there’s enough names i recognise from the 90s there to give me a spring in my step and make me feel young again. I’m really pleasantly surprised. Thanks man

If they were any good in the 90s they're still around. My only slight criticism is that in the 90s you could tell one DJ from another based upon their style and sound. I could easily tell you who was playing just by listening to them mix or by their tune selection. Nowadays many of them seem to have lost what made them unique so it's more difficult to tell.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Damn straight, Sas!

Although I do agree that there's not enough variety of electronica throughout the night.

I’ve said it before and I’ll do it again...

I LOVE really good DnB - intelligent progression, mega breaks, interesting twists, NO vocal sampling/MCing!!! - but... I am entirely incapable of dancing to it! It’s either an 80bpm dubstep lurch or a 160bpm general jump about!

Ben 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I am entirely incapable of dancing to it! It’s either an 80bpm dubstep lurch or a 160bpm general jump about!

Haha! It's alright Ben, @Supernintendo Chalmers and I will teach ya. Although, there is nowt wrong with a 160bpm jump about!

Oh man, it's all getting a bit exciting now, isn't it?! These sets are doing nothing to alleviate my excitement levels either...keep 'em coming!

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

Just now, Sasperella said:

Haha! It's alright Ben, @Supernintendo Chalmers and I will teach ya 

Oh man, it's all getting a bit exciting now, isn't it?! These sets are doing nothing to alleviate my excitement levels either...keep 'em coming!

I've been digging on this one from Rampage for the last week or so. I love Dimension's style. No MC on this one either.

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

What's the story with Laurent Garnier? He's playing an irish fest that I can't go to because its too close to glasto and is on the road this summer. Don't think he played in '16 or '17 either. Id love to catch a long set by him.

£££

38 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Down with this nonsense. Different strokes for different sets and all, but sometimes you want the full airhorns blazing, MC chatting shit, dusty samples from the Terminator, dutty junglist experience.

Agree. Plus, how the fuck are you supposed to know who is playing if you don't have an MC reminding you every five minutes??? This is the major flaw of techno nights IMO ? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Agree. Plus, how the fuck are you supposed to know who is playing if you don't have an MC reminding you every five minutes??? This is the major flaw of techno nights IMO ? 

"Still bringing the 4-4, you're in tune with the steady sounds of Richie Hawtin - the Consistent One! We'll check back in with you in an hour. As we form an orderly line inside."

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've been digging on this one from Rampage for the last week or so. I love Dimension's style. No MC on this one either.

Love sets from Rampage! I always promise to myself I’ll go one day but didn’t happen yet.

couple of years back I was heavily into Camo & Krooked, this set was my all time favourite.

I like techno because a good set has some subtly to it, takes you on a bit of a journey. DnB is too in your face and shouty for me and Mcs are just never a thing I want to see at any sort of gig or set at all really, crige worthy most of time. Unless it's some 80s hip hop act or something.

Edited by Madyaker
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 1:57 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Eris Drew and a whole load of jump up and shite tech house. 

Holding out for Eris Drew b2b Octo Octa at Downlow. Believe.

Eris Drew is the only one I'm bothered about on that list.

I reckon that's her locked in for somewhere in Block 9 for sure. 

• Upvote 1

Just listened to Diplo's set from Coachella last week...veryyyy different set from him. First 40mins was a straight up house set and he threw in a couple electro bangers at the end...kind of excited for this show.

Also, where is that inevitable Diplo b2b Mark Ronson set going to be?