Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

That slipmatt b2b altern8 gig is going to be fantastic, and one of the few dancey gigs some of my group would be interested in so that'll be nice!

Going to prosumer on Sunday. Hoping he pops up on the block 9 poster again. Really enjoyed him at genosys in 2016 but the sludge made dancing a bit more difficult!

50 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

That slipmatt b2b altern8 gig is going to be fantastic, and one of the few dancey gigs some of my group would be interested in so that'll be nice!

Going to prosumer on Sunday. Hoping he pops up on the block 9 poster again. Really enjoyed him at genosys in 2016 but the sludge made dancing a bit more difficult!

He has a habit of showing up, if not in NYC then at the Beat Hotel. Fingers crossed

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I hope they have one slightly different act in London Underground. Its a brilliant venue but the music generally isn't for me. 

When Artwork played in there a few years back it was majestic 

This.

Went in in 2015 (or 2016?!) and loved the atmosphere. But this raver cannot dance to dubstep!

:)

Ben

This is 100% my favourite thread on this forum. I'm deadly serious. Positive, no sniping, full of enthusiasm, tips and good vibes. I don't understand much of it, but I bloody love reading it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

This is 100% my favourite thread on this forum. I'm deadly serious. Positive, no sniping, full of enthusiasm, tips and good vibes. I don't understand much of it, but I bloody love reading it.

Out of upvotes, old chum, but that's a really nice thing to say. Yes, I love it in here too, and it's great that more eFesters are finding their way here and contributing. I genuinely hope that this year, after this thread being around for nearly 5 years, we can maybe get a few of us together for a set or two on the Farm. My camping lot are not ravers and, although I always end up making new friends on the dancefloor, it would be ace to put some of the faces in here to their avatars and rip it up together.

Ben

9 hours ago, TheBurns said:

With you on both counts here - couple of hardcore heroes!

Prosumer's sets never fail to impress - didn't he open one of the stages in Block9 in 2016?

From memory the Gas Tower was shaped like a hexagon, or crown that holds gas. Was on the left hand side before the Truth stage. Open at the side and no roof, on a slight incline and very busy peak times but could dance on the outside. Some kind of wrap that visual were  projected onto it....painted a rubbish picture there

Edited by Upside down frowner

10 hours ago, Homer said:

Yeah, remember he did a B2B with Ellis Dee last time! And I walked past him on one of the Glade stages on the Friday night doing a B2B with a special guest (you've guessed it) Fatboy Slim.

He did a B2B with Fatboy Slim in LoveBullets, El Row in 2017. Was a good housey set, lots of fun but rammed

14 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Can someone explain what the set up with The Gas Tower is. Where is it exactly? And most importantly, is the sound any good?

Didn't spend much time in actual S-La last time, so can't really place it.

It's an essentially 'round' structure, with walls all the way around apart from entrances and is roofless. Around the internal circumference is a wall of screens for projection etc, the concept being a 360 degree, immersive experience. IIRC it was very slightly sloping up towards the DJ booth. It is positioned close to Shangri-La entrance closest to the main festival (i.e. the least 'south-east'!) and is on your left as you walk around and past it towards Truth. I went into look but didn't manage to catch a set in there, so can't comment on the sound...

cover.jpg

download.jpg

the-gas-tower-in-shangri-la-the-2017-glastonbury-festival-worthy-farm-JEYJF4.jpg

18 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Can someone explain what the set up with The Gas Tower is. Where is it exactly? And most importantly, is the sound any good?

Didn't spend much time in actual S-La last time, so can't really place it.

If the sound is good it will be a perfect venue for Max Cooper!!

:)

Ben

6 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

He did a B2B with Fatboy Slim in LoveBullets, El Row in 2017. Was a good housey set, lots of fun but rammed

Sounds about right. It was the semi-open air one on the left as you go into the indoor one that's like a nightclub in the Glade area. I was on my way in to see Stanton Warriors after Dizzee at the time on the Friday night. Is that Love Bullets?!

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sounds about right. It was the semi-open air one on the left as you go into the indoor one that's like a nightclub in the Glade area. I was on my way in to see Stanton Warriors after Dizzee at the time on the Friday night. Is that Love Bullets?!

It is. It was horrible. The sound was shite. The punters were minging.

We're hopeful Glade has rid itself of this abomination this year...!!

Ben

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I second this totally. 

Got back in to 'the clubbing scene' a couple of years ago after kind of ignoring it for a good 15 years and my God I've totally discovered a whole new world and a passion for the music that I haven't had since I was in my early 20's. After spending most of the 90s going from rave to rave I'd had enough and got a bit bored of the whole scene including the music. 

Thanks to this thread I'm now totally immersing myself in some amazing new music (much to the wife's annoyance she thinks I'm having a midlife crisis!)

Some of the new DJs and producers the vast majority of whom have been recommended on this thread have made me realise that dance music in all it genres is far from dead.

Keep up the sterling work all who contribute to this thread and please keep the recommendations coming. 

Special thanks to Ben for starting if off love reading your reviews mate you've got a way of describing things that really sets the scene.

Hope to put some faces to names on the farm. 8 weeks today ?

• Like 1

I really enjoyed 2017 Sunday 3:00/4:00 am, stumbled into the Gas Tower, sat down on the grass, smoking, chatting, watching the 360 visuals, no idea who was playing but vibe was really good in there. Nice way of finishing off my first festival.

Not sure if that's how it's intended to be enjoyed, but it's another way of spending your late night. 

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It is. It was horrible. The sound was shite. The punters were minging.

We're hopeful Glade has rid itself of this abomination this year...!!

Ben

I didn't go in there. The one next door was decent, what's that one again?!

I went in there on Friday afternoon for some old school rave and there was a guy giving it some on crutches (fairplay to him). I also managed to get in there Thursday night. It was rammed but decent (we were escaping The Orb's snoozefest). Saw Darren Emerson who closed with Rez.

Edited by Homer

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

I didn't go in there. The one next door was decent, what's that one again?!

I went in there on Friday afternoon for some old school rave and there was a guy giving it some on crutches (fairplay to him). I also managed to get in there Thursday night. It was rammed but decent (we were escaping The Orb's snoozefest). Saw Darren Emerson who closed with Rez.

Pictures for clarification! Shame I was disappointed with the sound at Love Bullets as it's a nice looking venue. I saw Seth T and the Martinez Brothers do a brilliant 4h set in the old 'Love Bullets Star 64' in Shangri-La in the mud of 2016 and it was ACE!

Spaceport gets a rough review a lot of the time but, again, I have seen a couple of very good sets in there. I sacked off Plaid live in the Glade a couple of years ago as I was having such a good time in the Spaceport!

Ben

images.jpg

19367142_403415830054458_7367408641235746816_n.jpg

1 hour ago, rubick said:

With you on both counts here - couple of hardcore heroes!

Prosumer's sets never fail to impress - didn't he open one of the stages in Block9 in 2016?

Yeah he opened Genosys that year. I arrived and the whole of block 9 was still closed, they were removing the worst of the mud by the truckload, it was like dancing in quicksand in places!

• Like 1