Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, ravermum said:

Same. I always go and situate myself next to some more committed looking ravers when I encounter talkers. I also leave my friends if they are chatting too much ? We are not here to talk, people. Also, on the Seth Troxler note, have you ever listened to his 2015 Essential Mix live from Bestival? Even though it’s a few years old now, I still listen to it often. Especially on long drives, when I’m alone in the car and turn it up very loud. It’s a bit of magical mystery tour, with some lovely acid moments in the first hour, if that’s your bag at all.

Wasnt that around the time he bought all dave haslams records off him? Never actually heard this mix, will give it a blast, cheers

4 minutes ago, GWR said:

Wasnt that around the time he bought all dave haslams records off him? Never actually heard this mix, will give it a blast, cheers

Yes, it was right about then, maybe just before. Did you see the chat they did about it at IMS Ibiza? 

23 minutes ago, ravermum said:

Same. I always go and situate myself next to some more committed looking ravers when I encounter talkers. I also leave my friends if they are chatting too much ? We are not here to talk, people. Also, on the Seth Troxler note, have you ever listened to his 2015 Essential Mix live from Bestival? Even though it’s a few years old now, I still listen to it often. Especially on long drives, when I’m alone in the car and turn it up very loud. It’s a bit of magical mystery tour, with some lovely acid moments in the first hour, if that’s your bag at all.

V nice, @ravermum

Seth's usually a little bit house for me, but I do like him. He was excellent on The Blues in 2017. Nice and techy. And I bloody love acid.

Glad I have a kindred spirit interns of talking. I need a quick word now and then when I'm...erm...talky...but yes, we are not here to talk, people!

:)

Ben

Resident advisor are also carrying the block 9 news / press release but have added an interesting paragraph which i cant decide if they’ve got wrong...

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43706

This year, Block9's space at Glastonbury will triple, adding a new field and 15,000-capacity outdoor arena for IICON. The full Glastonbury lineup, which also includes The NYC Downlow and Genosys areas, will be announced on May 14th.”

? ?

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The new Arcadia then...

1 night techno - Carl Cox, Spektre, Charlotte De Witte, Eats Everything?

1 night will be D&B - Andy C maybe?

1 night - Up for grabs. Dream headliner - Cirez D. Expectation. Norman Cook.

Sub Focus is doing Arcadia on Sunday(?) so I imagine that is the DnB night

Stanton Warriors just said on Facebook they’re playing 4x over the weekend. Surely one of them will be in Arcadia, with three left to announce and not that many other potential venues for them yet to drop.

Edited by Homer

Bloc9 for sure. That’s a big booking. I feel like Bloc9 will be the last line up dropped then this thread will all go mad.

They don’t have the biggest budget for artists do they? They must be getting them via word of mouth, DJ’s must be telling others they’ve got to play/will want to see the installations/area.

46 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Bloc9 for sure. That’s a big booking. I feel like Bloc9 will be the last line up dropped then this thread will all go mad.

They don’t have the biggest budget for artists do they? They must be getting them via word of mouth, DJ’s must be telling others they’ve got to play/will want to see the installations/area.

The influence of Shanti, Or:la and co must have swayed her 

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The influence of Shanti, Or:la and co must have swayed her 

I wonder how many acts and DJs also get sold on the concepts of these areas? I'd be amazed if they hadn't been shown concept art to try and entice them? Money surely can't be everything to these people? They work 50 weekends a year for top dollar, sometimes, if the fees might be less than usual, it must be a buzz for them to be integral to something creative, immersive and unique? 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I wonder how many acts and DJs also get sold on the concepts of these areas? I'd be amazed if they hadn't been shown concept art to try and entice them? Money surely can't be everything to these people? They work 50 weekends a year for top dollar, sometimes, if the fees might be less than usual, it must be a buzz for them to be integral to something creative, immersive and unique? 

Thinking about it, it might actually bring about a better event than throwing money around. Artists who would be keen to play based on the artistic value are those who surely take their craft more seriously and thus will put on a better show.