Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

From Carl Cox on Facebook:

"I am playing 2 other parties that weekend at Glastonbury that are techno gigs. All is not lost. ?"

He played at arcadia in 2016. He was nails too. The best Carl Cox set I've seen in years.

Watched him the night after at Bez's flying bus and he wasn't great.

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

If the sound is as good for JH as it was for James Blake in 2015, that's going to be absolutely incredible...

And his live AV projections on a stage that big will be spectacular.

@zero000 - see you there...!

Ben

It's going to be intense. His set on the glade in 2014, has to be up there as one of my all time Glastonbury highlights.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

And we’re perfectly positioned to beat the Pyramid/Other crowds...ace. 

Ben

This could end up being the deciding factor between Jon and Tame for me. Reckon a few of our crew will be up for Jon as well and I think it's only me to have seen him recently. 

I kinda miss a lot of the rumours chat over the winter, mostly because I was avoiding it, but is James Blake ruled out? I guess it's unlikely as the possible slots are looking filled and he'd have been on the original poster 

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just watched Giant Swan (supporting The Horrors at Royal Albert Hall). Fuck me that's some intense noise. Well worth checking out on the Glade this year. Can't even think where to pigeon-hole them but they went HARD at times. Maybe one for @bennyhana22... 

Was this for Primary Colours in full? Good gig like? Would love to see it.

37 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just watched Giant Swan (supporting The Horrors at Royal Albert Hall). Fuck me that's some intense noise. Well worth checking out on the Glade this year. Can't even think where to pigeon-hole them but they went HARD at times. Maybe one for @bennyhana22... 

I'm not only into industrial! (in fact, my 'best' techno would be euphoric and quite chordant/choral!)

But yes, they are great. They play everything live and, if they are to be believed, arrive at a gig without a 'setlist' as such. They just set off and riff off one another and see where the tracks take them. Despite their predilection for 'noise', they do end up with some good structure, and most of the tracks have a banging beat and are very danceable. With the clarity of the system on Glade cleaning up their sound, they should be awesome. I can't wait to see some people's faces as their performances are...erm...robust!

Ben

On 5/8/2019 at 4:42 PM, hmmmloddy said:

That Jayda G mix is absolutely brilliant, thanks @James_Glasto_LDn , it might even drag me in to Silver Hayes. On a separate note, I just can't handle the crowd behind the DJs on Boiler Room videos. The cringe is too much.

Glad you like her, she was incredible at Phonox last year and i'll certainly be there in Silver Hayes , she has such good energy. Totally agree with your views on the boiler room crowds.. it's a weird concept, never understood the appeal of just hovering behind the DJ and not really being able to let loose and enjoy with friends.