Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Genuine question, how good is Idris Elba as a DJ? I've seen his name on countless festival lineups but I've never seen him. The reaction on Instagram to the official Glastonbury account posting the Glade announcement seems to favour "Dris" out of all other acts. He any good or is he just the Luther, Wire and Prometheus guy behind the Ones and Twos?

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Genuine question, how good is Idris Elba as a DJ? I've seen his name on countless festival lineups but I've never seen him. The reaction on Instagram to the official Glastonbury account posting the Glade announcement seems to favour "Dris" out of all other acts. He any good or is he just the Luther, Wire and Prometheus guy behind the Ones and Twos?

He is absolutely woeful, just the guy from TV behind the decks. He just plays a lot of house hits, some really shite house remixes of stuff and general Bar Med fodder. Some of my mates went to go in 2015 because they fancy him, and they love some really questionable house music, even they said it was cheese on toast.

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You missed out Rapper from your list of ‘Dris side-hustles

Boasty
https://g.co/kgs/LV9vQH

7 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

He is absolutely woeful, just the guy from TV behind the decks. He just plays a lot of house hits, some really shite house remixes of stuff and general Bar Med fodder. Some of my mates went to go in 2015 because they fancy him, and they love some really questionable house music, even they said it was cheese on toast.

Hmmm, I thought as much

26 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Saw a bit of him at Boomtown last year as we were in the area. It was average. He was genuinely mixing though as 1 mix was a clunker.

The tunes were not awful, but it wasnt very good. Left after about half an hour.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The new Arcadia then...

1 night techno - Carl Cox, Spektre, Charlotte De Witte, Eats Everything?

1 night will be D&B - Andy C maybe?

1 night - Up for grabs. Dream headliner - Cirez D. Expectation. Norman Cook.

Wouldn't mind Bicep on there ?

49 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The new Arcadia then...

Carl Cox is down for a "funk, soul, disco & house" set in the Glade, so I assume Genosys or Arcadia will have him do a techno set.

Does anybody know what to expect from Squarepusher's "vic acid" set?

4 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

When you think we'll get the Block9 lineups? Really just hoping for Gessafelstein...

As long as he forgoes his most recent album which Is pretty dire. That bestival set of his on soundcloud is absolutely booming however.

55 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The new Arcadia then...

Charlotte is playing Awakenings on Saturday. But so does Monika Kruse ?

36 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sasha is another name who wouldnt surprise me

Sasha at arcadia and sasha and digweed for the 2x very special guests at the gastower in shagri la? ?

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Spektre... one for you @bennyhana22

Just watching a live set of theirs from Inverness, Fuzz. Very nice live techno. Not formulaic, lots of different styles. Very nice. I'm guessing that they'll DJ in Spaceport, though I guess they could play live. Maybe I'll ping them a message and ask. Am I misremembering, or have they had DJ booths at both ends of the Spaceport? Or did they just swap it 'round from 2016 to 2017...?

Ben

So, this Glade drop then...

I'm thinking that Seth Troxler will play a more house/funky set in Silver Hayes, freeing him up for the techno set of which he is more than capable in The Glade.

George Fitzgerald is one of the most accomplished mixers I've seen, blending tracks into a bloody amazing journey, so I'll happily see hi again. Would be really good to know if he's playing live or not. Someone be a love and find out!

Giant Swan are fucking mental. But in a good way. As @Adam75 said earlier, they were phenomenal at House Of God last year, almost (only almost) overshadowing The British Murder Boys! They will be unbelievable in the all-around sound of the Glade.

Loving Spektre, as I said. Please play at night, PLEASE play at night...

And there we are! I get some trance! Tristan is top notch and I'd love to see Regan, Aliji and Liquid Ross too. The dream now is for a BIG trance night on the Thursday, in the Glade Lounge until 0300h (I do wish the Thursday was an all-nighter too...but maybe it's better for me just to have the three...), freeing me up for Block9 and Arcadia on Fri-Sun.

Bloody hell, do we ever need the other two areas and the full set times. I NEED to start planning.......

??

Ben 

Ok, I’m going to say it, and you can come at me if I deserve it...

I’m in no way elitist about any of this stuff we love, but I do worry that the massive publicity surrounding Block9 might result in 1000s of people there just for a gander and who will stand around talking, and not really interested in getting into the sets and the dance crowds. Is that me being an arse...?

Ben

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ok, I’m going to say it, and you can come at me if I deserve it...

I’m in no way elitist about any of this stuff we love, but I do worry that the massive publicity surrounding Block9 might result in 1000s of people there just for a gander and who will stand around talking, and not really interested in getting into the sets and the dance crowds. Is that me being an arse...?

Ben

Same. I always go and situate myself next to some more committed looking ravers when I encounter talkers. I also leave my friends if they are chatting too much ? We are not here to talk, people. Also, on the Seth Troxler note, have you ever listened to his 2015 Essential Mix live from Bestival? Even though it’s a few years old now, I still listen to it often. Especially on long drives, when I’m alone in the car and turn it up very loud. It’s a bit of magical mystery tour, with some lovely acid moments in the first hour, if that’s your bag at all.