Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

48 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

So DJ Sasha's wife just said on Instagram about looking forward to watching The Cure at Glastonbury.

I can't see the family going without Sasha playing but I might be wrong.

He usually plays every other year but I guess there's been a fallow. 

Hernan Cattaneo's self confirmed, Darren Emerson said "see you there". Wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw Sasha, John Digweed, Danny Howells, Dave Seaman, etc across the Glade area over the weekend 

I keep on scanning the acts on all stages looking out for decent techno, but i can't really find any. I will have a listen to some of the recommendations here, but having done that in the past I don't hold out much hope. I tend to like the darker stuff. My next night out is a trip to London for this: Claudio PRC, Mike Parker, Stephanie Sykes at Fold club.

8 minutes ago, tresortechno said:

I keep on scanning the acts on all stages looking out for decent techno, but i can't really find any. I will have a listen to some of the recommendations here, but having done that in the past I don't hold out much hope. I tend to like the darker stuff. My next night out is a trip to London for this: Claudio PRC, Mike Parker, Stephanie Sykes at Fold club.

Nothing much announced...yet. That said, don't expect too much. It's well documented on here that techno is under-represented at Glastonbury.  

Btw, Stephanie Sykes, nice ?

39 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hernan Cattaneo's self confirmed, Darren Emerson said "see you there". Wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw Sasha, John Digweed, Danny Howells, Dave Seaman, etc across the Glade area over the weekend 

I can't see John going again so soon. He's not a regular. 

However we've also got Nick Warren confirmed. So yes i can see one day seeing a lot of these. Probably some back2backs such as Nick and Hernan love to do. Bring it on. 

We've ran into Danny Howells over the last three festivals - he's usually there even if he isn't playing. Last two he's done that Bowie Tribute thing in the Spaceport, plus 2017 with Dave Seaman and Darren Emerson. Thoroughly nice fella!

54 minutes ago, rubick said:

We've ran into Danny Howells over the last three festivals - he's usually there even if he isn't playing. Last two he's done that Bowie Tribute thing in the Spaceport, plus 2017 with Dave Seaman and Darren Emerson. Thoroughly nice fella!

Danny is one of the nicest guys on the dance music scene. A big animal rights/vegan advocate too, so even higher in my estimation

• Like 1

Who are people seeing over the bank holiday weekend?

I'm off to motion for Capriati, Eats Everything and Heidi for a Saturday afternoon rave and cant wait. Missed out on the elrow takeover Easter weekend and was gutted so going to more than make up for it this time.

On 4/28/2019 at 1:07 PM, Mattymooz said:

Just been trawling back through the Silver Hayes lineup, really liking Hammer and I dont remember them being mentioned on here at all. Sound kinda like Bicep (and they have done some collaborations previously too)

Yes keen for this. Where do we see him playing? 

2 hours ago, dccool said:

I'm off to motion for Capriati, Eats Everything and Heidi for a Saturday afternoon rave and cant wait. Missed out on the elrow takeover Easter weekend and was gutted so going to more than make up for it this time.

Avalon Emerson at White Hotel. I am ill as fuck but I’ve not had a dance since Optimo in like Feb so I’m gonna power through.

31 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Avalon Emerson at White Hotel. I am ill as fuck but I’ve not had a dance since Optimo in like Feb so I’m gonna power through.

Would love to see Avalon Emerson watched a few of her sets recently and she looks seriously good. 

Don't let being ill get in the way of a good night out

3 hours ago, dccool said:

Well, it's all a bit off list for me...!

I had to sack off my trance night a few weeks ago - I was genuinely unwell (as in, in bed poorly, and I'm NEVER ill). So, I organised a replacement ASAP which was a really nice looking techno night (who knew?!) in Birmingham on Saturday...which was then farking cancelled!

They've replaced it with another event at the same venue, including two of the artists that were on the original billing. All good, you say? Well, yes, except that the rest of the line-up (5 sets total) looks decidedly tech-housey! Eek! BUT, I haven't been out now for two months and this is defo my last chance before Glastonbury, so I am fucking well going out dancing on Saturday. I'll just have to find ways to...ahem...get into a state of mind comfortable to find the positives in, and enjoy, some (in fairness, not dreadful/cheesy/handbaggy) tech-house, and then really get into the techno sets. Set times should be out tomorrow, so I can plan the night with (my usual) military precision...

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22