Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 3/24/2019 at 11:36 AM, Jay89 said:

Awwww man, Twisted used to be my favourite ever trance tune!!

theres couple of oldies from me: 

That top one, in particular, is a corker, Jay. Very much of its time, chords-wise, but an early noughties vibe!

I'm out in two weeks to a trance night for the first time since Boomtown and can't bloody wait!

Seems like if Glastonbury actually gave any space to trance there would be a fair few eFesters taps aff down the front!

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 2

On 3/21/2019 at 12:00 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

for anyone over at Dekmantel this year, and pounding techno/industrial fans! Usually runs after the festival from about 11pm-7am. Both nights plus the festival would be tough though :lol: , easier when it was just on the Saturday night.

9as5thefqan21.jpg

My mates went in 17 me and a few other lads didn’t bother. Said tunes were class but the venue was absolutely shite and you needed a token to go for a piss. They were all gutted.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I used to think psytrance was a joke but good psytrance is actually pretty good. A few mates of mine went to Boom festival in Portugal last summer and have been trying to convert me ever since

I don’t know what part of country you’re in, but Illuminaughty team are throwing mental Halloween parties in Manchester. They always invite big psy trance names like Skazi, Space Tribe, Astrix, Ace Ventura etc. Think they’ve done some nights in London and a stage at Boomtown. Worth checking out if you’re into psy trance. Apart from the music, they’ve got unreal props, visuals and tons of circus people. Breathtaking at times! 

https://instagram.com/illumiuk?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=j2hchakiz0zw

Anyone see anything good this weekend?

Saw the big bad Helena Hauff at Patterns in Brighton, which might be my new favourite club. Lovely designed affair, nice wood panneled room upstairs playing nice disco on a custom soundsystem really nice vibes and then the basement is a proper sweatbox, resident on warmup was decent followed by a good hour of two fellas doing a heavyweight analogue set, then Hauff 2-4. What a set, brutal, uncompromising spanners of acid and electro, all vinyl and impeccably mixed. Must see her again soon. Good mix of a crowd as well, young and old, notably few obnoxious student bucket hat types. 

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I used to think psytrance was a joke but good psytrance is actually pretty good. A few mates of mine went to Boom festival in Portugal last summer and have been trying to convert me ever since

I'll bore you yet again with my 95% 'rule' - that 95% of any music in a single genre is, pretty much, shit. It's finding the 5% of glorious stuff that is one of my life-long missions.

Trance is a perfect example of a genre in which this rule is true. On the face of it to the casual listener it almost sounds like a novelty music form, but take a bit of time to find the decent stuff and it's like the best ever, high tempo, euphoric, chordant techno. In the right setting, with you in the right place emotionally, it can be transportive and transformative.

Ben

My friends run some psytrance parties in manchester & leeds.

Audioaddictz.

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'll bore you yet again with my 95% 'rule' - that 95% of any music in a single genre is, pretty much, shit. It's finding the 5% of glorious stuff that is one of my life-long missions.

Trance is a perfect example of a genre in which this rule is true. On the face of it to the casual listener it almost sounds like a novelty music form, but take a bit of time to find the decent stuff and it's like the best ever, high tempo, euphoric, chordant techno. In the right setting, with you in the right place emotionally, it can be transportive and transformative.

Ben

Trance used to be unique... i.e. it didn't follow a formula, but now it is far to formulaic & is influenced by EDM rather than its house & techno roots. Too interested in a beat rather than a bassline.

This for example is how it should be IMO:

and Ben, this is a new supposed techno tune, 130bpm... but to me - it's trance

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My friends run some psytrance parties in manchester & leeds.

Audioaddictz.

Trance used to be unique... i.e. it didn't follow a formula, but now it is far to formulaic & is influenced by EDM rather than its house & techno roots. Too interested in a beat rather than a bassline.

This for example is how it should be IMO:

and Ben, this is a new supposed techno tune, 130bpm... but to me - it's trance

Bloody hell, that Blockster track is a banger. I could do a solid 6h of that sort of stuff! The second track. Erm...I'm not sure what it is. I didn't like it very much. Should I have ??

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bloody hell, that Blockster track is a banger. I could do a solid 6h of that sort of stuff! The second track. Erm...I'm not sure what it is. I didn't like it very much. Should I have ??

Ben

Blockster is Brandon Block. This version is Matt Darey's. He did some real bangers 20 years ago! 

The 2nd one I like, but I heard it in a Charlotte de Witte set. It broke the set up well & worked. Then I heard it at the end of her set & it again worked, but nothing else in the set was quite like it. Maybe it's because it reminded me of my youth? It has a very M.I.K.E. Push sound.

My musical style often involves a catchy riff... Im a sucker for one. Whether that's techno, trance, rock n roll, pop music. I just love a good riff! 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

29 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Blockster is Brandon Block. This version is Matt Darey's. He did some real bangers 20 years ago! 

The 2nd one I like, but I heard it in a Charlotte de Witte set. It broke the set up well & worked. Then I heard it at the end of her set & it again worked, but nothing else in the set was quite like it. Maybe it's because it reminded me of my youth? It has a very M.I.K.E. Push sound.

My musical style often involves a catchy riff... Im a sucker for one. Whether that's techno, trance, rock n roll, pop music. I just love a good riff! 

You pop-fan, you...

;)

Ben

Thought some of you may be interested in hearing this as posts in the self confirmation thread regarding Dj's don't really gain traction.

Moxie announced on her NTS show last week that she is hosting an On Loop stage at Glasto in the Wow tent with CC Disco, Palms Trax and Moxie b2b Shanti Celeste. 

Got right into Moxie recently. Very eclectic style which suites my tastes.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, GWR said:

Moxie confirmed via her nts show on Wednesday that she's doing a slot on the wow stage with palms trax. Didn't say what day tho

Beat u to it lol yeah love her nts show. Never heard her live, really looking forward to that

On 3/24/2019 at 11:36 AM, Jay89 said:

Awwww man, Twisted used to be my favourite ever trance tune!!

theres couple of oldies from me: 

Fourth track is a right bit of me, Universal Nation is arguably one of the most popular trance tunes of all time. Couple of my favourites here:

Shout outs to Liberation (Fly Like An Angel) by Matt Darey and El Nino by Agnelli & Nelson.

God DAMN it, the 90s were awesome.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I'm off to book a trip back to Cream at Amnesia in 99...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Fourth track is a right bit of me, Universal Nation is arguably one of the most popular trance tunes of all time. Couple of my favourites here:

Shout outs to Liberation (Fly Like An Angel) by Matt Darey and El Nino by Agnelli & Nelson.

God DAMN it, the 90s were awesome.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I'm off to book a trip back to Cream at Amnesia in 99...

Now we are talking ? , so miss the late 90s trance, Ayla , Nalin &  Kane, mother's pride - learning to fly.....also loved Jam and Spoon tripomatic 2001...    and LSG...

Someone please point me back in that his direction..

Edited by mrfunk

4 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

Thought some of you may be interested in hearing this as posts in the self confirmation thread regarding Dj's don't really gain traction.

Moxie announced on her NTS show last week that she is hosting an On Loop stage at Glasto in the Wow tent with CC Disco, Palms Trax and Moxie b2b Shanti Celeste. 

So that's probably the 1st boat party confirmed. 

39 minutes ago, Divein said:

So that's probably the 1st boat party confirmed. 

Yeh maybe. I tend to stick by the ethos of "bands by day, rave by night" unless theres someone I really want to see or nothing else titles my fancy. To be honest I find SH pretty soulless so don't venture through there much at all. No doubt they'll be showing up elsewhere over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

That'll be great fun. The On Loop in the Stonebridge in the Thursday a few years back was rammed 

• Like 1

Printworks tonight. Really looking forward to it. Most excited for Dj Seinfeld B2B George Fitzgerald tbh. Seinfeld always delivers.

Also to those who've been Printworks lately, how invasive are the pat downs searches? Only been once and it was standard, no crotch grabbing, no shoe check but have heard stories off mates that they can be quite full on sometimes. 

Just wondering what to expect/be prepared hah. ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Printworks tonight. Really looking forward to it. Most excited for Dj Seinfeld B2B George Fitzgerald tbh. Seinfeld always delivers.

Also to those who've been Printworks lately, how invasive are the pat downs searches? Only been once and it was standard, no crotch grabbing, no shoe check but have heard stories off mates that they can be quite full on sometimes. 

Just wondering what to expect/be prepared hah. ?

Have a great night, @Acid Loafers, and just tuck things up well...

George Fitzgerald is a brilliant mixer, IMO (if not always quite the right side of techy for me...), always thinking about the flow and the journey for his crowd. Should be ace for you.

Ben

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm digging this trance-off. Let us bow to one of the greatest electronic tunes of all time. Sasha soon distanced himself from the trance scene but not before this one lit every party up from Godskitchen to Gatecrasher and all dancefloors in between. I caught the reFracted show in Manchester last year and hearing this one played live almost brought tears to my eyes. Immense.

• Like 1