Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

16 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Light on techno in the Silver Hayes announcement. Perhaps the Beat Hotel replacement will cater to that? 

Somethings don't change! Always light on techno. The Glastonbury - Detroit/Berlin/Birmingham connection is not strong! 

I always live in hope though and Block 9 etc will offer something! 

19 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Light on techno in the Silver Hayes announcement. Perhaps the Beat Hotel replacement will cater to that? 

Silver Hayes is always light on techno! And the Beat Hotel possibly as much, if not more so. I never see them as catering for that scene, other than a few sets per festival. And that's a good thing. As @Supernintendo Chalmers says, IICON and Genosys are your major techno hitters, along with Arcadia usually for one night, and a smattering elsewhere - Spaceport and Glade can throw up some crackers. Dubfire's Hybrid Live show a few years ago in Glade was ace.

So, for me, it's good that SH has it's own vibe. The fact that it has so much daytime partying would jar if followed by lots of full-on techno.

Ben 

41 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Team Love are doing Silver Hayes this year aren’t they? This is very similar to what they book for Love Saves/Love International etc, think Beat Hotel was always a separate team 

Yeah it's Team Love, just got an email from them about the SH line up 

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 15.29.18.png

19 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I mean there’s plenty of techno DJs there tbh (HAAi, Peach, Shanti, Moxie, India Jordan, TSHA, Saoirse, Eclair Fifi, Elkka, Overmono, Job Jobse to an extent, and I’m sure plenty more I don’t recognise) there but none of your Rubinstein’s, Lens’s, Fjaaks, Kraviz’s that I was expecting. Looking at SE Corner and the glade for that maybe.

3 minutes ago, Adam75 said:

Somethings don't change! Always light on techno. The Glastonbury - Detroit/Berlin/Birmingham connection is not strong! 

I always live in hope though and Block 9 etc will offer something! 

Awww, come on Adam - we've not been short of techno of late. 2019 amongst others gave us:

Randomer
Partok
Josh Wink
HAAi
Anthony Parasole
Karenn
Freakenstien
Zenkers
Stenny
Charlotte de W
Daniel Avery

And that's just a selection! I worry every year that there will be enough techno/electro/psytrance for me, and then when it all drops I have hard clash decisions to make!

Ben

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I mean there’s plenty of techno DJs there tbh (HAAi, Peach, Shanti, Moxie, India Jordan, TSHA, Saoirse, Eclair Fifi, Elkka, Overmono, Job Jobse to an extent, and I’m sure plenty more I don’t recognise) there but none of your Rubinstein’s, Lens’s, Fjaaks, Kraviz’s that I was expecting. Looking at SE Corner and the glade for that maybe.

I'd have been very surprised for someone like Nina K to be announced for SH. Unless there was a big sea change, that's just not the vibe in there. Yes, HAAi is playing, but I bet you her set there contains little/no techno. And this from the DJ who gave us, IMO, the set of the festival last time, and one of my favourite sets ever.

Ben

26 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Yeah I never had Silver Hayes down as a techno area, the best/worst way I tried to describe to the newcomers in our group is that it’s  ‘entry level electronic music’ in that, if you’ve never been involved in the dance scene or it’s never been your thing- you could wander through and find some *great* DnB, House (and the slightly heavier side in the likes of Haai and others) and everything in between but it’s not too niche or brutal , and it seems like the new organisers have continued that trend 

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd have been very surprised for someone like Nina K to be announced for SH. Unless there was a big sea change, that's just not the vibe in there. Yes, HAAi is playing, but I bet you her set there contains little/no techno. And this from the DJ who gave us, IMO, the set of the festival last time, and one of my favourite sets ever.

Ben

Well you’re probs right given she’s playing multiple sets over the weekend - more party vibes from her in SH.

And yeah sorry I didn’t expect the likes of Nina to be in SH, just generally there’ll be a few acts of her ilk at the festival I think. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I also don’t really want to get into a debate about what’s real techno, but all those acts I listed regularly play, or are inherently, techno acts.

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Genosys?

1 hour ago, Ozzyozwald said:

Sofia Kourtesis might be a top 10 set of the weekend. 

Also, Fred Again.. is on the Electric Forest lineup in the states the weekend of Glasto (fest is 23rd-26th, no idea what day he's playing.) Doesn't exclude him but a tight window.

So excited, was absolutely rinsing her stuff when I was in Lima last month - the amount of Peruvians I met in clubs there who adored her was mad!

Just now, gigpusher said:

Assuming it also means Romy is not just dj'ing as would her dj'ing being headline level??

If she was DJing i'd assume they would put DJ next to it. DJing would be smaller i think size wise.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

If she was DJing i'd assume they would put DJ next to it. DJing would be smaller i think size wise.

Yes just seen speculation in other threads that she would be DJing because she did at All Points East. She was one of the few acts that I knew 😄 

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I was there with you and agree it my favourite of that year, probably top 5 of all my glastos.

16 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I also don’t really want to get into a debate about what’s real techno, but all those acts I listed regularly play, or are inherently, techno acts.

Neither should we get into that! Techno is a broad church, and all the better for it*

Ben

*but tech house is tech house 😉