• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Is it the lineup page you're following? Thought I'd set it up, but haven't had any emails!

Yep, I'm following this URL: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

Again, what they appear to be doing is on the surface very routine and doesn't mean anything, but I've been following that page for a while now and have never had any emails about it, then all of a sudden, I get three on one day...

IF it is Prince (big if), I can see them not announcing it till after the resale. Just so he can't use the excuse of them using his name to sell tickets.

Might get a lineup with "Sunday Headliner: TBA" Soon though.

Why would he have a problem with a festival he has agreed to play using his name to sell tickets?

If they'd have released their new album by now, we could be talking about Radiohead, but I notice not a lot of people are talking about them.

The drummer is on tour with his solo stuff right now, although there is a suspicious 3 month hole which includes Glasto weekend.....

Wishful thinking.

Again, what they appear to be doing is on the surface very routine and doesn't mean anything, but I've been following that page for a while now and have never had any emails about it, then all of a sudden, I get three on one day...

Hmm, looks like I've not set mine up properly, then! Bloody technology!

A friend of mine spoke to a famous person who's well connected to the festival yesterday. They advised they believe the Sunday headliner hasn't been booked yet and the believed the wish is to have British headliner and that they believe it'll be Florence.

On a side note, someone else I know who's well connected to "he that shall not be mentioned", believe it's 100% not him.

Make of that what you will....

IF it is Prince (big if), I can see them not announcing it till after the resale. Just so he can't use the excuse of them using his name to sell tickets.

Might get a lineup with "Sunday Headliner: TBA" Soon though.

How many more times, Prince does not have an issue with a festival he's actually playing selling tickets off the back of his name...

His issue was that he felt Glastonbury allow people to believe he's playing & so sell tickets off the back of untrue rumours. Whether or not there is any truth in that is a different debate.

A friend of mine spoke to a famous person who's well connected to the festival yesterday. They advised they believe the Sunday headliner hasn't been booked yet and the believed the wish is to have British headliner and that they believe it'll be Florence.

On a side note, someone else I know who's well connected to "he that shall not be mentioned", believe it's 100% not him.

If it was Florence I think she'd of been booked by now to be honest.

The speculation has become boring now. *sigh*

Stick with it. It got boring at about page 23 but by page 39 it had swung back to interesting again. It's been in that cycle for so long now, I now think it's the best thing that's ever happened in life, and I also need to be locked up.

Tell you what is boring, though...

19_Glasto14Fri_ACA-9451.jpg

That image has been ruined and will forever be associated with a billion refreshes.

Edited by kalifire

Did we hear from anyone there was going to only be one lineup poster this year rather than the two last year or was that just speculation and educated guesswork? Because if we were getting two we should have one any day now but I suspect it will be one big poster and wont be till next week.....

My cousins, girlfriends pet goldfish was in the pub with a Danish man (the pastry, not the country) and he said it almost 100% definitely is "he who shall not be named"

Just a thought, i'd imagine it's very unlikely they simply push a button and the lineup comes up at 7pm. Potentially they are building the webpage and have it ready and waiting for tonight... wishful thinking.

Yeah i'l settle down.

??? is it?

I think so, Emily already said Florence wont headline. Its looking more like prince than the roses but i wouldnt rule them out yet, every time i go to, another rumour or picture of one of them ciruclates. Glasto or not i think something is defo happening with The roses. new album hopefully!

Just got a reply from Glasto about my inquiry in when the lineup is due to be released. Nothing much that we didn't already know anyway haha.

Thank you for your message, we don’t have a schedule for any announcements, in previous years the full line up has been released in late Spring, and last year at the end of April so you could use this as a guide but we wouldn’t be able to guarantee anything at this stage.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

Stick with it. It got boring at about page 23 but by page 39 it had swung back to interesting again. It's been in that cycle for so long now, I now think it's the best thing that's ever happened in life, and I also need to be locked up.

Tell you what is boring, though...

19_Glasto14Fri_ACA-9451.jpg

That image has been ruined and will forever be associated with a billion refreshes.

It's just we usually have more to go on than this.