• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Has anyone gone through all the 'big' acts that have not played GF and might have been sought for many years and then looked to see if they are touring/gigging? By that I mean around the festival and not many months after like with Madonna.

I simply cannot see an act that is not active doing a one off gig for GF.

My two sources are totally unrelated by the way. The one who thinks it could be Florence is someone famous who was chatting to a friend yesterday. I have no way of confirming if this is true or not but i'll confirm to Neil who the famous person was and he can decide if it's bobbins or not.

The Prince contact is very much in the know and unless this is being played with unbelievable levels of secretively, then it makes me doubt it'll happen.

Not wanting to pick holes or anything, but do we actually know it's important to them? Have the festival organisers ever said so, or are we just assuming they want a British act, based on previous years?

Emily said last year: "It's really important for us to keep British bands coming through to keep creating headliners and putting bands from Britain in that position." So I'm basing it on that, really. Plus booking a British act is a safer bet following the Kanye debacle.

Florence hasn't played since 2010, in fairness, I don't think its impossible that they could have been thwarted in attempts to get her more recently than that.

Naff off. Every year since that she's either been in the US, not on tour, or there hasn't been a Glastonbury. Five years isn't long anyway.

Emily said last year: "It's really important for us to keep British bands coming through to keep creating headliners and putting bands from Britain in that position." So I'm basing it on that, really. Plus booking a British act is a safer bet following the Kanye debacle.

Keeping British acts coming through to put them in a position to headline seems more about them playing lower down to me rather than headlining now.

My two sources are totally unrelated by the way. The one who thinks it could be Florence is someone famous who was chatting to a friend yesterday. I have no way of confirming if this is true or not but i'll confirm to Neil who the famous person was and he can decide if it's bobbins or not.

Bob Harris naturally, he is after all the most connected man in music.

I honestly think it could be Sheeran. He's at the height of his fame right now .. And would tick the solo artist, from UK, bump up etc.

I know he's in San Fransisco on Friday 26th June .. But he could fly back next day .. Play Glastonbury on the Sunday and get back to Denver for the 29th June. Quite easy with the hours you get back flying to the USA.

He doesn't have a band he would need to bring, and I'm sure he'd be fully up for doing it. This opportunity may never happen again for him .. His 3rd album could flop and he could be back busking on the streets.

Edited by st dan

I honestly think it could be Sheeran. He's at the height of his fame right now .. And would tick the solo artist, from UK, bump up etc.

I know he's in San Fransisco on Friday 26th June .. But he could fly back next day .. Play on the Saturday and get back to Denver for the 29th June. Quite easy with the hours you get back flying to the USA.

He doesn't have a band he would need to bring, and I'm sure he'd be fully up for doing it. This opportunity may never happen again for him .. His 3rd album could flop and he could be back busking on the streets.

I think there's more chance of David Bowie subbing the Other Stage than there is Ed Sheeran's next album flopping :P

Gigwise tweeting a lot about Glastonbury all of a sudden

and saying lineup expected soon...

'Soon' could mean hours, days, weeks, months. It's means nothing. Plus they said 'in the next couple of weeks' which is what we all know already.

Edited by yellowsnow