Acid_Haze

I am beginning to think that there will just be a coach resale this year and no general admission tickets sold.

If this is the case, I won't be going for the same reasons as last year :( how gash!

On a side note: British, Solo, Band............ they should book Steven Wilson to be the 3rd headliner. Excellent world class band and great rock/prog tunage!

I am aware also that this would not happen in a million years......

I think this could be correct as well, as a way to fill more coaches and reward the "green traveller"

We'll see though!

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Back to the drawing board for 'male solo artist with backing band' or is the drawing board now blank?

It's mad this year

having chatted things thru, I'm still mostly with the Prince idea, with Flo as backup if they don't get him.

There's more that indicates him than others, but with very little to specifically say it's him and very little to specifically rule him out.

Surely the idea of having ALL resale tickets as coach packages just doesn't work?

EDIT: I mean, not all returns are going to be coach packages, meaning there must be a limited number for coach + ticket and a limited number for general tickets.

19th seems a little early for T-Day Sunday anyway, so I'd be expecting one date on the 19th for coach + ticket and the 26th for general.

Edited by GlastoSimon

if so im out unfortunately. Wouldnt be able to convince the girlfriend to do it that way...

Why's she so against it? We got the coach last year and will never drive again, far better experience IMHO. Although I did get a GA ticket and book a National Express coach, I'd prefer to avoid the See coaches if at all possible.

it makes sense for prince to headline now if he/his people look at the massive exposure/record sales it generates(if he's even bothered about that now??) but he hasnt had a relevant record here for ages and maybe a glasto slot would help with that

again, he's prob not bothered anyways

oh i dunno...

Why's she so against it? We got the coach last year and will never drive again, far better experience IMHO. Although I did get a GA ticket and book a National Express coach, I'd prefer to avoid the See coaches if at all possible.

we can't even carry our good tent, so we'd have to take a rubbish one as couldnt take the trolley, and no trolley = very little booze etc. Plus she wouldnt in a million years be commited enough to travel to another city then get on a coach as its highly unlikely we'll get on the manchester ones. Nor sit on a 5 hour coach when we like to go down tuesday night and leisurely go in.

Edited by efcfanwirral

Surely the idea of having ALL resale tickets as coach packages just doesn't work?

I'm speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're increasing the number of coachers year-on-year, with the aim of getting an increase in the number of tickets they can sell once the traffic issues are less problematic because of the numbers coming by coach.

Can we have more 'it could be Bowie' type rumour mongering. My raised hopes from yesterday are on the verge of being dashed. As an aside were The Stones not announced inbetween the balance payment and resale? I remember that my resale hopes crashed and burned on the announcement... Didn't get a sniff of tickets in 2014 and 2014 so really need this to be a good one. I'd take Prince or The Stone Roses as well but when Neil said yesterday that it could be Bowie I nearly spontaneously combusted. I know it won't be but I need a beleief to cling to before Florence and the Machine or Ed Sheeran [shudder] are confirmed

EDIT: I mean, not all returns are going to be coach packages, meaning there must be a limited number for coach + ticket and a limited number for general tickets.

I do wonder how far along See's coach planning is and whether this would be feasible, especailly if the proportion of general tickets not paid for is much higher than coach. I think the coach package idea in general is good but a poor implementation, though without being privy to the financials its hard to make a call.

Certainly the coach resale always seems problematic due to it being a 'last resort' where the coach numbers have already been planned, causing a lot of the crazy stories of people travelling long distances to make the last avaialble coach they manage to nab on resale day.

Oh well, i'm still in even if that's the case...

Edited by blackred

Surely all it would take to convert all the returned GA tickets to coach+admission tickets would be to lay on extra coaches?

19th seems a little early for T-Day Sunday anyway, so I'd be expecting one date on the 19th for coach + ticket and the 26th for general.

I think a week between them is too much, it's usually a Thursday for Coach and Sunday for General tix. That'd make it 16th for Coach package and 19th for general or else the following week: 23rd and 26th respectively.

Just heard from a friend of a friend whos friend once lived in Glastonbury (even tho thats irrelevant) that their friend says the 3rd headliner is a hologram of Michael Jackson. Not only that but 2 Pacs hologram is going to join him too.

I heard it's going to be Sonia.

(I guess the youngsters might have to google that one, tho they'll wish they hadn't :P).

I think a week between them is too much, it's usually a Thursday for Coach and Sunday for General tix. That'd make it 16th for Coach package and 19th for general or else the following week: 23rd and 26th respectively.

maybe we're all just speculating unnecessarily and they're still processing what's been returned, allocations etc. Though that should be easy.

we can't even carry our good tent, so we'd have to take a rubbish one as couldnt take the trolley, and no trolley = very little booze etc. Plus she wouldnt in a million years be commited enough to travel to another city then get on a coach as its highly unlikely we'll get on the manchester ones. Nor sit on a 5 hour coach when we like to go down tuesday night and leisurely go in.

Fair play to you if you like the Tuesday night trip, it ruined us when we did it. National Express were happy for us to take a large rucksack each, trolley full of booze, medium sized tent and hand luggage each last year, we went on a less busy coach so no space issues, that's part of the reason why I'd prefer not to go with See. The 5 hour drive back up on Monday was much nicer when we snoozed on an air conditioned coach the whole way instead of a pretty grim drive.

Could the General Resale then be the 22nd April which is a Wednesday, that sells out and they release the full line-up

Fair play to you if you like the Tuesday night trip, it ruined us when we did it. National Express were happy for us to take a large rucksack each, trolley full of booze, medium sized tent and hand luggage each last year, we went on a less busy coach so no space issues, that's part of the reason why I'd prefer not to go with See. The 5 hour drive back up on Monday was much nicer when we snoozed on an air conditioned coach the whole way instead of a pretty grim drive.

Im well up for it if i can do that, but these ticket and coach packages are see arent they? So a nightmare.

I'll be going on my own if the theory about resale being coach only is right

Ah and our tuesday night trip includes a hotel. Already booked in case (can cancel up to the day)

Edited by efcfanwirral