Acid_Haze

I still think Foos / Kanye / Prince are too strong to all be booked in one year.

Especially with the number of available headliners reducing by the year.

Nah, next year there will be Flo, Mumfords, Taylor Swift and the upcoming crop due for a bump up like Bugg, Sheeran, Alt J, Foals et al. Not saying all those are ready, nor am I happy about the fact they will one day be headline material but it's not far off.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

If they get prince I wonder if Led Zeppelin/Bowie will now be the act they ask every year and promise acts a 'bump up' if they say no.

Led Zeppelin and David Bowie are defunct live acts and they may well ask every year but I can't imagine it goes further than the "no" they get every year otherwise they'd probably follow it up further every year.

If Joey Coco does agree this year, I could see them going after Adele quite a bit and it not coming easily.

Edited by dentalplan

I seriously don't get the attraction of Prince, he seems like a bit of a knob by all accounts.

jimmy Hendrix tribute act .................... only IMO obviously, sorry Prince fans

If they get prince I wonder if Led Zeppelin/Bowie will now be the act they ask every year and promise acts a 'bump up' if they say no.

No way on earth Glasto could afford Led Zepp

Branson offered them £500m and a free plane, and Plant said no, for a 20 gig tour

I don't see Led Zepp on that basis accepting £250k or whatever Eavis pays

given all the secrecy, and previous issues, surely it's Prince. Didn't he back out before because there was attention on him before he'd signed and he accused Glasto of selling tix on his name (hah!)....

No way on earth Glasto could afford Led Zepp

Branson offered them £500m and a free plane, and Plant said no, for a 20 gig tour

I don't see Led Zepp on that basis accepting £250k or whatever Eavis pays

Don't forget the free cheese. That's often a deal maker!!

I still think Foos / Kanye / Prince are too strong to all be booked in one year.

Especially with the number of available headliners reducing by the year.

Pfft...........

Glastonbury could get the Foos and Kanye any time they wish, so there is nothing really strong about those from a difficulty perspective.

Princes difficulty in nailing him down makes the line up strong if he is the one announced.

Other than that it aint that impressive, and if its the likes of Flo instead of Prince then its a weak trio that pretty much any middle of the road festival could get.

He's probably about as arrogant as Kanye. I don't get why people would prefer him as a person to headline, when they are negative towards Kanye

Presumably because they prefer the music? Or am I missing something??

Either way, I don't really get the Prince hype either. Got the media talking about him, worked Twitter up into a frenzy about some London dates, acted generally like a tool, and became massively popular amongst the people who wanted to say "I saw Prince".

He's still a just a better-than-average pop star with a shit personality in my eyes...

Even if the Branson thing did happen, Led Zep don't seem like the type of act that would do something simply for the cash. The demand they had in 2007 suggested they could cash in if they wanted to, but haven't.

Glastonbury would appeal to them far more, if they were to do anything again, compared to a corporate offer from Branson or similar - I'd imagine.

Have people got their heads up their asses and their ears full of shit?

Led Zeppelin dont exist folks and thus can not and will not play Glastonbury. They are done.............

Dont take my word for it BTW

Listen to what Mr Plant and Mr Page say and are saying all the time and stop this dreaming