Lineup 2015

kaosmark2

Cheers. First time at Leeds this year.

At least it's better than T in the Park. The only way to get the set times for that are by buying a lanyard when you get there. Not released anywhere else.

They used to release them all on about the Monday before the festival, I remember being able to print clashfinders out on Monday night/Tuesday morning

Yeah lots of festival do that money making tactic

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

They're giving the times out free on the official app so it seems odd that they're still mugging people for £10 or whatever for a lanyard.

Either way, you won't need a lanyard. Either pick up a Kerrang for cheaper or if you're bringing a smartphone you can (if on iOS) check the official app or (if not on iOS) check the clashfinders updated by people who aren't going with official times. If you're not taking your smartphone out and about with you then jot the main bits down or something.

Just back from Pukkelpop in Belgium, which has a fair amount of overlap with R&L (over 30 bands and DJs). Of the ones I saw, Rebel Sound, The Maccabees, Hudson Mohawke, Frank Carter, Wilkinson, Manchester Orchestra, Radkey and Craze were all excellent.

Probably the maddest show I caught all weekend though was H09909. If you find yourself at a loose end on Saturday afternoon then give them a look in The Pit, you won't be disappointed.

Why do Mumfords have two hours? Usually 2+ hour slots go to bands of the calibre of Metallica, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Muse, Radiohead, etc. Bands that have been massive for years.

Because they wanted it, I would assume. Bands usually only do that after they've been going that long because they've grown comfortable in doing that and if Mumfords think that way after six years or whatever then fair fucks to them.

Why do Mumfords have two hours? Usually 2+ hour slots go to bands of the calibre of Metallica, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Muse, Radiohead, etc. Bands that have been massive for years.

And Sunday is the metal day at Reading yeah?

Mumford and sons on alllll their shows lately have had a guest or two on (just someone already on the lineup) and covered one of their songs. They've covered blink 182 with mark hoppus and an offspring song all fairly recently so maybe that will happen with someone down that day

And Sunday is the metal day at Reading yeah?

Not really sure why you have such an obsession with the fact that once upon a time I said that there is usually a day at Reading and Leeds that leans towards heavier bands. Genuinely puzzling.

I don't think I've ever described it as "metal day", or said that it's always on the Sunday at Reading.

Edited by VCK

Mumford and sons on alllll their shows lately have had a guest or two on (just someone already on the lineup) and covered one of their songs. They've covered blink 182 with mark hoppus and an offspring song all fairly recently so maybe that will happen with someone down that day

Mumford & Sons featuring Limp Bizkit - Nookie

As long as they don't bring on The Vaccines to cover The Beatles it'll be sound. Edited by Zac Quinn

Not really sure why you have such an obsession with the fact that once upon a time I said that there is usually a day at Reading and Leeds that leans towards heavier bands. Genuinely puzzling.

I don't think I've ever described it as "metal day", or said that it's always on the Sunday at Reading.

What's puzzling is your inability to accept the festival isn't what it used to be - the 'two hours for the main headliner' rule is just as outdated as the 'heavier day' concept.

And to answer your question, it's about as preposterously non-committal as you can get with regards to something (the 'heavy-ness' of acts) that can never be proven or quantified anyway. It's a daft, meaningless comment.

Edited by mrtourette