• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

To be fair nme and lockup need reshuffling due to acts dropping out, so i guess i understand why they could be delayed. No excuse for festival Republic really unless they need to reshuffle to avoid clashes, possibly..

Still pissing about though, as those are the only 3 stages other than main i giveca fuck about.

To be fair nme and lockup need reshuffling due to acts dropping out, so i guess i understand why they could be delayed. No excuse for festival Republic really unless they need to reshuffle to avoid clashes, possibly..

Still pissing about though, as those are the only 3 stages other than main i giveca fuck about.

Yep me too!

What's puzzling is your inability to accept the festival isn't what it used to be - the 'two hours for the main headliner' rule is just as outdated as the 'heavier day' concept.

And to answer your question, it's about as preposterously non-committal as you can get with regards to something (the 'heavy-ness' of acts) that can never be proven or quantified anyway. It's a daft, meaningless comment.

Whilst I agree that there is no quantifiable definition of heaviness, surely no-one can dispute that Saturday has a lot more acts that appeal to fans of heavy music than Sunday.

You're right that it can't be proven, but I think it is generally accepted.

Therefore, you can have a 'heavy day'

Edited by rivalschools.price

Also a Neck Deep headline tour (they said theyd have 2 to announce - 1 is supporting BMTH). Probably an All Time Low headline tour. Possibly another Royal Blood tour with venues like Ally Pally? I'm also hoping for modestep, marmozets, refused, pvris headline tour, no devotion and new found glory

Also a Neck Deep headline tour (they said theyd have 2 to announce - 1 is supporting BMTH). Probably an All Time Low headline tour. Possibly another Royal Blood tour with venues like Ally Pally? I'm also hoping for modestep, marmozets, refused, pvris headline tour, no devotion and new found glory

I think royal blood are going into the studio after the summer. I'd be very surprised with a uk refused tour, but i would like one. Same for every other you've listed actually, with atreyu and panic tours thrown in for good measure.

I think royal blood are going into the studio after the summer. I'd be very surprised with a uk refused tour, but i would like one. Same for every other you've listed actually, with atreyu and panic tours thrown in for good measure.

I'm just hopeful for the refused one because they've got some EU headline dates, as well as a few supporting Rise Against.

I'm just hopeful for the refused one because they've got some EU headline dates, as well as a few supporting Rise Against.

Yeah, Refused tour is well overdue.

As they consider themselves a 'current ' band as opposed to a reunion band there is no reason why they won't tour the UK in support of their new album(which is getting better with every listen by the way)

I have the feeling that a Mumford arena tour will be announced

Yeah, Refused tour is well overdue.

As they consider themselves a 'current ' band as opposed to a reunion band there is no reason why they won't tour the UK in support of their new album(which is getting better with every listen by the way)

That album has got much better after 5 ir so listens.

What's puzzling is your inability to accept the festival isn't what it used to be - the 'two hours for the main headliner' rule is just as outdated as the 'heavier day' concept.

And to answer your question, it's about as preposterously non-committal as you can get with regards to something (the 'heavy-ness' of acts) that can never be proven or quantified anyway. It's a daft, meaningless comment.

I think it's more the fact that seasoned stadium sized bands get longer headline sets at festivals in general, not just Reading and Leeds.

And look the Metallica day this year, the Blink 182 day last year, the Green Day day the year before that. There's definitely a pattern.

Don't know if I want to go to a Neck Deep one anymore :lol:

Anyway I think All Time Low are teasing a tour (or that is what Rocksound said on twitter) and I think Refused will announce one too. The Libertines are also teasing one as when they delayed the album. I hoping for tours from The Smith Street Band, Run The Jewels and Kendrick.

Apparently Don Broco are on at 4:30 so have about a 5 min overlap with Panic at the disco and a bit of a clash with a time low too

American Football and The Smith Street Band clash looks as if it is a possibility now. Hopefully with Modern Baseball pulling out they don't clash

That album has got much better after 5 ir so listens.

Still some real stinkers on there though. Love 366 though but it isn't an album I'm desperate to hear again. Should have left it with The Shape Of Punk