Lineup 2015

kaosmark2

It's probably more down to the fact that they weren't able to do the Wembley shows; if those support slots had gone ahead they would have received a lot of press in music mags and played in front of 180,000 people

I think they're now focusing on cracking the US; they're sorted in the UK for a good while

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Reading fb has said Ghost will now headline the pit that day and that they will NOT be clashing with Metallica.

I guess they'll either extended all sets or add a tiny band to the start. Basically gets rid of my Alexisonfire/atreyu clash though so im happy enough.

Edited by 6daviesdr

Nothing really, the only thing I remember was the Oxfam tent on Thursday which is in a marquee & is always packed with a big queue (sneaked in under the tents side panel one year), I don't even think the silent disco is open until Friday, I didn't go last year though.

I normally take my boom box, iPod & iTrip for a bit of background campsite music. Livens up the evenings a bit.

I'm guessing the propaganda DJ sets are after the headliners then and not during the early entry days?

It's probably more down to the fact that they weren't able to do the Wembley shows; if those support slots had gone ahead they would have received a lot of press in music mags and played in front of 180,000 people

I think they're now focusing on cracking the US; they're sorted in the UK for a good while

Maybe. But it surely would've been better for them to do high main stage slots at IOW/T/Glasto than opening for Foos, right? As you've said though they're pretty much sorted for here and it's certainly not a bad idea in the long run to hit the US pretty hard.

I'm just seeing that Kendrick Lamar has picked up the most VMA nominations of all and that's the night he's at Reading. Nervy times at R+L HQ, probably. :P

Maybe. But it surely would've been better for them to do high main stage slots at IOW/T/Glasto than opening for Foos, right? As you've said though they're pretty much sorted for here and it's certainly not a bad idea in the long run to hit the US pretty hard.

I'm just seeing that Kendrick Lamar has picked up the most VMA nominations of all and that's the night he's at Reading. Nervy times at R+L HQ, probably. :P

I could actually see him pulling out. This is the first time in a few years they've fallen on the same weekend isn't it?

I could actually see him pulling out. This is the first time in a few years they've fallen on the same weekend isn't it?

Seems like it's been the same weekend the past few years. It was 2013 when Iggy Azalea pulled out to present an award there wasn't it?

Kidding aside, I don't think he will cancel. I'm sure before he was booked the management would have been aware that it falls on the same weekend and there's a good chance he'd be wanted to play and/or pick up a few awards. When it's the smaller acts I can see why it comes out of the blue and they have to cancel to boost their name but probably not Kendrick.

Seems like it's been the same weekend the past few years. It was 2013 when Iggy Azalea pulled out to present an award there wasn't it?

Kidding aside, I don't think he will cancel. I'm sure before he was booked the management would have been aware that it falls on the same weekend and there's a good chance he'd be wanted to play and/or pick up a few awards. When it's the smaller acts I can see why it comes out of the blue and they have to cancel to boost their name but probably not Kendrick.

Yup, quite a few have done that including Tyler the creator and new found glory

New Bring Me The Horizon album out September 11th. New single on Radio 1 Thursday night.

Apparently the whole album veers more towards the sound from Drown so I'm guessing it'll lose them some fans but gain them a whole lot more.

Oh, so basically my comment chucked out a while ago about BMTH needing to go more mainstream to command what they are being given might in fact actually make sense? This isn't a go at you btw, but let's be honest, older BMTH based stuff didn't have a hope of getting them right up the bill just like older Biffy didn't hence the new mainstream sound over the years and look what we have!

Oh, so basically my comment chucked out a while ago about BMTH needing to go more mainstream to command what they are being given might in fact actually make sense? This isn't a go at you btw, but let's be honest, older BMTH based stuff didn't have a hope of getting them right up the bill just like older Biffy didn't hence the new mainstream sound over the years and look what we have!

i think they could've gradually made their way towards the top of lineups (moreso) if they'd have continued their There Is A Hell.../Sempiternal sound for a couple more albums. think they nailed it with those two. i know sticking to one sound isn't what bands are supposed to do, and that it's all about progression, but the new stuff is a clear grab at the mainstream. listening to This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For, who the fuck would've thought their singles would be cracking the top 20 ten years later!? i always think do bands just have a table discussion one day and say 'right, let's sell out'

one of my friends has been a diehard fan since the start and i find it hilarious seeing his Facebook posts with every new BMTH release trying to convince himself that they're still great and that he still loves them

I don't think you were the only one to point out that BMTH needed to stop making songs like Tell Slater Not To Wash His Dick if they were to sub headline Reading and Leeds, Gaz.

What?, If that's the name of one of their songs you probably couldn't work out what they were saying anyway. I did however get the usual blah blah moan from people who didn't want to accept their screamo band was turning mainstream to make it.

i think they could've gradually made their way towards the top of lineups (moreso) if they'd have continued their There Is A Hell.../Sempiternal sound for a couple more albums. think they nailed it with those two. i know sticking to one sound isn't what bands are supposed to do, and that it's all about progression, but the new stuff is a clear grab at the mainstream. listening to This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For, who the fuck would've thought their singles would be cracking the top 20 ten years later!? i always think do bands just have a table discussion one day and say 'right, let's sell out'

one of my friends has been a diehard fan since the start and i find it hilarious seeing his Facebook posts with every new BMTH release trying to convince himself that they're still great and that he still loves them

It reminds me a little like Twin Atlantic, not in their music way but they were stagnating and not going anywhere fast, suddenly told to start making mainstream shite as per the latest album so the management make something from them and there we are. It goes without saying that other acts acts would have made it higher had they followed this, not that they should. Stick to your roots and what you believe in.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does Gazza go around telling everyone that he predicted it'd happen?

Common sense isn't it. If you made mainstream to start with you're fine, if you didn't and you needed to, to get yourself higher then you will and many of the younger folk will buy into the dross.

I think some bands do it without realising.

They always want every album to be bigger than the last, so possibly they write material that they think might have a better chance at being bigger

I still can't get over how weak that Metallica day looks. 3rd is about right for Royal Blood because their album was pretty big, but all the other bands look out of place. They should have put The Gaslight Anthem in between Alexisonfire and Royal Blood.