• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Reginald D Hunter, Iain Stirling, Jarlath Regan, Iliza Shlesinger added to the Alternative Stage w/ screenings of Cobain: Montage of Heck & Eden. Has anyone actually watched a film screening at R&L? It sounds like it'd be a mess but I've been looking forward to both those films, especially Eden. 

Speaking of lots of advertising, I'm guessing V is selling terribly. Seen them advertising at Wireless, ads before movies at the cinema, bus stops in my town which is a good 2 hours from the closest site.

Yes trust me V is not selling well at all as you can still buy unlimited tickets through see tickets and gigsandtours websites, see loads of adverts on TV as well,  I do not think you advertise as much if not struggling to sale tickets. Plus last year at Weston park they were campsites that were not open due lack of numbers and felt a bit quiet. When you see the line up I wonder why! 

Edited by benus80

Just finished listening to Modestep's new album it sounds like it'd be great fun live. 

They were effing awesome at Glasto, was sceptical about the new line up, the new guitarist isn't as good but the rest of the line up were on point.

They were epic at Reading a couple of years ago, manic 1/3 into the NME tent.

I was right at the barrier too, loads of smallish mosh pits but Glasto is a lot more laid back.

First time at Reading, been to Download & Sonisphere before. What goes on during Wednesday night and Thursday? At download there was loads of stuff on like club nights, comedy & a cinema. Anything decent like this happen at reading? I saw the comedy acts but I've read that they're on during the bands

What goes on during Wednesday night and Thursday?

Nothing really, the only thing I remember was the Oxfam tent on Thursday which is in a marquee & is always packed with a big queue (sneaked in under the tents side panel one year), I don't even think the silent disco is open until Friday, I didn't go last year though.

I normally take my boom box, iPod & iTrip for a bit of background campsite music. Livens up the evenings a bit.

Edited by Couchy

I keep forgetting Royal Blood exist now they're not bombarding me with energy drink riffs every time I put the telly on. Is it possible that the R+L exclusivity might have hindered them a little or is it just a case of this being the usual when a band progresses along their tour and hype shifts?