Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Just watched Wake Up again and that ending was an amazing moment seeing the whole crowd singing after the band left was just WOW.

Im not a massive Arcade fire fan and I have to admit I got a little bored at times but that final song (and utterly bizarre bit with the bobble heads) more than made up for it.

Edited by Englishdragon

Hate the new album on record but this gig was wondrous, the new stuff fitted in seamlessly with the old. We were about 6 rows from the front (which sadly meant having to endure the horrendous elbow set and miss my beloved lykke li) and tripping and this was something else. Brilliant sound and visuals, I need to watch this back on iplayer to see what bits were actually real. When they were on the screens with the skeletal images particularly. This was what a headline set is all about: not just standing there playing the songs.

How utterly adorable is the frizzy haired woman too! I was so happy to see how happy she was. Tremendous stuff.

Did they say it was the best gig of their lives? Do they always say that I wonder or was that genuine? Hope it was.

Hate the new album on record but this gig was wondrous, the new stuff fitted in seamlessly with the old. We were about 6 rows from the front (which sadly meant having to endure the horrendous elbow set and miss my beloved lykke li) and tripping and this was something else. Brilliant sound and visuals, I need to watch this back on iplayer to see what bits were actually real. When they were on the screens with the skeletal images particularly. This was what a headline set is all about: not just standing there playing the songs.

How utterly adorable is the frizzy haired woman too! I was so happy to see how happy she was. Tremendous stuff.

Did they say it was the best gig of their lives? Do they always say that I wonder or was that genuine? Hope it was.

They seemed pretty genuine. At the London gigs Win did mention how excited he was for Glasto, and that moment when he threw his mic into the crowd seemed to be a pure excited spur of a moment decision. I've certainly never seen him smile like that at the end of the gig.

Edited by fowls

Insane. Was halfway between stage and sound desk, in a great group of people (about 6 of us) all on a load of drugs.

Best performances I've ever seen of Reflektor, Rebellion (that new little guitar part at the start is sick as hell), Haiti, Sprawl II, HCTNT and Wake Up.

And so great to see them all with such big grins on their faces through the whole thing.

Arcade Fire now occupy two of the top two spaces on my all time best gigs list. Their set on Friday toppling the gig at the Blackpool Winter Gardens last year.

They were fucking phenomenal.

I had a feeling that I wasn't going to be ready for Wake Up, and that proved to be the case. Absolutely took my breath away.

Perfect set list, perfect performance, perfect band.

Had never seen Arcade Fire live before, so was really surprised to see what an amazing presence Regine is in the live set, it really feels like they are rolling out a seldom-used secret weapon when she gets to take centre stage. Joan Of Arc, Orpheus, Haiti and Sprawl II were all highlights, which I did not see coming.

Had never seen Arcade Fire live before, so was really surprised to see what an amazing presence Regine is in the live set, it really feels like they are rolling out a seldom-used secret weapon when she gets to take centre stage. Joan Of Arc, Orpheus, Haiti and Sprawl II were all highlights, which I did not see coming.

Really? She was singing out of tune for both Haiti and Sprawl II…normally she's ok, sounds bad on playback, but in tune when you are there, but she was dreadful this time. Much better at Primavera last month, but completely the wrong pitch at Glasto...

Really? She was singing out of tune for both Haiti and Sprawl II…normally she's ok, sounds bad on playback, but in tune when you are there, but she was dreadful this time. Much better at Primavera last month, but completely the wrong pitch at Glasto...

I thought she sounded great, perhaps it was the fact that I was in the middle of a crowd belting a lot of lyrics back to her, but by no means all of them. Obviously atmosphere is always a big part of it, and it's not just the singing that brings her character across, it's seeing her switching between instruments throughout the set, starting off doing mainly backing vocals, getting more and more of her own solo lines, then a few verses, then she gets to fully unleash at the end of the main set with Haiti and Sprawl.

I was surprised how many of a band with so many members got to assert their personalities, but it was Regine that was the real star of the show for me.

When they done that medley opening with Pulp I genuinely thought Jarvis was in one of the paper mache heads and they werre going to do a cover together :(

Still, absolutely incredible set. Third time I've had the pleasure of seeing them and so glad to see Neighbourhood #1 still there

• Upvote 1

They seemed pretty genuine. At the London gigs Win did mention how excited he was for Glasto, and that moment when he threw his mic into the crowd seemed to be a pure excited spur of a moment decision. I've certainly never seen him smile like that at the end of the gig.

I thought that. There's a few points during the gig where you can see him grinning, almost as if he then realises and stops himself but it's there.

The new stuff sounded great and fit into the live set superbly, probably even stepped it up. Went back and listened to the album again but....I don't know whether it's badly recorded or badly produced or both but it just doesn't have anywhere near the same impact. They should re-record it 'live'

I thought she sounded great, perhaps it was the fact that I was in the middle of a crowd belting a lot of lyrics back to her, but by no means all of them. Obviously atmosphere is always a big part of it, and it's not just the singing that brings her character across, it's seeing her switching between instruments throughout the set, starting off doing mainly backing vocals, getting more and more of her own solo lines, then a few verses, then she gets to fully unleash at the end of the main set with Haiti and Sprawl.

I was surprised how many of a band with so many members got to assert their personalities, but it was Regine that was the real star of the show for me.

She's certainly the imperfect edge of the band, even Win's vocals have improved immeasurably over the years. Glad you enjoyed them though, they are still one of my favourite bands and I'll never miss a show by them if I can help it, they just didn't hit the heights I expected of them on Friday...

Stunning. Simply stunning.

New songs translated so well live. It was my first time seeing them live and i'll definitely try to catch them again on the next tour. Wake Up was one of those 'moments'! Only slightly spoiled by a little dickhead who kept annoying everyone by talking, elbowing people and attempting to crowdsurf. He didn't take the hint he was pissing people off until a woman had a go at him. That didn't stop me enjoying my favourite set at Glastonbury so far though!

Hmmm…I absolutely adore Arcade Fire, but was pretty underwhelmed on Friday…They sounded great, but it's contrived.

I actually said the exact same thing to my husband. I was *so* looking forward to the gig and generally thought it was quite good (so glad they played Joan of Arc!) but I also thought it was a bit...showy. I guess I just think that they're incredible on their own and that they don't need all the theatrics.

Not just me then. Agree with everything you said tbh. Plus where I was in the crowd pretty much all I could hear was bass :(. Never looked forward to a gig so much in my life so kinda gutted it fell flat for me. Ah well.

We were directly in front of the sound stage and had the same problem. :/