Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Does anyone know what happened with My Body is a Cage? Win sang the first verse and then switched to another song (don't remember which right now). Is that something they do, or did they just abandon it?

they play a little snippet of it at almost every gig these days

The little bite of My Body Is A Cage is all that's needed, I thought it worked really well. I can get pick about setlists when written down, but having loved it so much in the flesh and not for one second having lost enthusiasm and excitement all the way through, and loved songs I hadn't expected to love so much, I cannot fault this one.

Just seen the full Hyde Park line up. Was put off a bit by Jake Bugg at first, plus I thought I’d have had enough of them by now, but I haven’t at all, and Future Islands -> Owen Pallett -> Public Service Broadcasting -> Arcade Fire sounds like a fantastic afternoon/evening of music.

Yeah they played it a few times on the suburbs tour, almost had me in tears when they played it at birmingham. The fact that theyre still doing a snippit is promising as it seems theyve abandoned most of neon bible this tour.

Thought Power Out could have been better ... Regine on the steel drums didn't do it for me

That is my only gripe really...actually no i wish they'd sack off flashbulb eyes

EVERYTHING ELSE WAS AMAZING

just wish the iplayer wasn't so guff I WANT TO BLAST IT OUT!!!! 11 is not turning it up to 11 if you get me

I thought it was a great performance (and it really is an artistic performance rather than just a set)

We got a great spot inside the front barrier and enjoyed the entire show. More than most bands it doesn't so much feel like a series of separate songs as a continuous run of great music.

They seemed to enjoy it more than their 2007 appearance. They certainly said all the right things (though personally I found it a little disingenuous).

All in all an excellent headline set.

I thought it was a great performance (and it really is an artistic performance rather than just a set)

We got a great spot inside the front barrier and enjoyed the entire show. More than most bands it doesn't so much feel like a series of separate songs as a continuous run of great music.

They seemed to enjoy it more than their 2007 appearance. They certainly said all the right things (though personally I found it a little disingenuous).

All in all an excellent headline set.

having seen them as "The Reflektors" up in Glasgow (they smashed it then as well) they were quite quiet i think they were sincere on Friday Win was loving it

i was so so glad that the rain stopped for their set. silly i know but i couldn't help but think that Win / the rest would go away from the set with more negative opinions on the festival if it pissed it down all over again. people saying that Win seemed to really enjoy himself (i was too off my cake to notice personally) makes the set seem even better for me

They were my only pyramid headliner. I wasn't a mega fan by any means but I really liked a couple of tracks and was looking forward to seeing them. I have to say as a casual fan I was really, really impressed. A friend of mine said before I went that I'd enjoy it because they bring the joy and she wasn't wrong. I thought they were great fun and had me smiling throughout.

Would anyone be able to burn their set to DVD for me and send it? Had a proper life moment at their set and my bloody sky box decided not to record it plus I don't have a computer. Would love a copy forever.

Would pay you for the postage and time or donate a few pounds to either eFests or a charity of your choice. Message me. :)

I thought they were really good and the best time I've seen them (about five times, fests and their own gigs). I like the first two albums best so 'should' prefer other gigs but thought the fact that it was such a 'show' made it special. Roll on tomorrow night!

Thoroughly enjoyed them, wish I'd picked a better spot in the crowd and ended up dropping back about 20 minutes in. Was very happy to see even at my new vantage point I was surrounded by fans of the band.

Gutted I can't afford to go to London for Hyde Park tomorrow, really hope they come back soon.

Thoroughly enjoyed them, wish I'd picked a better spot in the crowd and ended up dropping back about 20 minutes in. Was very happy to see even at my new vantage point I was surrounded by fans of the band.

Gutted I can't afford to go to London for Hyde Park tomorrow, really hope they come back soon.

Win said in an NME article that the Hyde Park shows are probably gonna be their last shows for a while and that they're gonna start writing for the next album, so no more Arcade Fire until 2016 (if they keep up their trend of three year gaps between albums)

edit: clearly i read that wrong as they've got more tour dates later in the year, but i don't think they'll be returning to the UK

Edited by FloorFiller

It's been odd as in England they'll have played 7 shows touring reflektor. 5 of them have been in London, 1 in Glastonbury, and the Blackpool gig which admittedly was glorious.

Hoping beyond hope they might be holding off on announcing further UK dates until after Hyde Park.