Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Spooky new website front. https://contact.arcadefire.com/

New logo.

If you click the little "WE" eyeball person there's some music playing - apparently 'WE' is spelt out in Morse code by the bloops. "WE" was used in those postcards as well. Some people are theorising that it means 'Watchful Eye' but seems a bit too on-the-nose.

+ Apparently this was spotted in Stoke Newington, of all places.

55unltwqsrm81.jpg

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Spooky new website front. https://contact.arcadefire.com/

New logo.

If you click the little "WE" eyeball person there's some music playing - apparently 'WE' is spelt out in Morse code by the bloops. "WE" was used in those postcards as well. Some people are theorising that it means 'Watchful Eye' but seems a bit too on-the-nose.

+ Apparently this was spotted in Stoke Newington, of all places.

55unltwqsrm81.jpg

Probably exactly what it’s gonna be then.

Do enjoy this kind of rollout from big bands. Just hope they can deliver on the material this time. First single has gotta be dropping any day now surely. 

On 3/5/2022 at 6:37 PM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Reflektor the song - top tier.
Reflektor the album - very average.

It’s clearly Funeral > Neon Bible/The Suburbs > Reflektor > Everything Now

Probably lean more towards The Suburbs of those second two but it could be different on any given day.

Not that I bother listening to Arcade Fire anymore. Need them to release something good to snap me out of it.

This order of album awesomeness is is indisputable...but there was a crucial flaw. 

Funeral > Neon Bible/The Suburbs > Reflektor > Everything Now > Pablo Honey

On 2/10/2022 at 8:44 PM, FloorFiller said:

Sweet. Looking forward to hearing what direction they’re gonna be going in this time. Kinda hoping they move away from the more dance/synth heavy sound this time, but we’ll see. 

They're one of those bands that have utterly won my trust. Disco? I'm there. Americano rock? I'm there. Mongolian throat singing? Bring it on.

For me, they're one of those bands that sound very different on every album, yet still manage to sound very much like themselves.

I like them.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, scatteredscreens said:

Please no ridiculous marketing antics this time round. Also remember when some people said Everything Now would be reflected on in a more positive light in years to come? lol.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Class album 

I agree that opinions haven't really changed. Those who really liked it still like it. Those who didn't, still don't.

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There’s not many bands that make 4 very strong albums in a row. Definitely very few who manage 5, so Everything Now is just an ok album, but I don’t think it’s bad.

I think them having such a track record makes me dislike EN more though. Because I'm used to the highs of their previous releases. Hoping the best for this new one.