Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

With all the secret sets we are getting I can see why the poster is taking so long. Just going to be TBA over and over again...

That's true but this one is so secret it's never even written as TBA, just a blank space (uh oh..) to make everyone think there won't be another act on when really there won't.

I’ve definitely come to enjoy EN more now that it’s just another album in their discography and not their new disappointing release, but it certainly has its fair share of stinkers. Like said above, after a promising start, that middle run just drags it down and leaves a lingering bad taste despite there being some great stuff after that. 

So very anxious to see where they’re going next. Hope this first single is an absolute stormer.

12 minutes ago, Slugy said:

I was going to add it to my list of miss steps but I just listened to it and I quite enjoyed it.

Not gonna lie I don’t have the slightest memory of what it sounds like anymore (along with Peter Pan), just remember hating it at the time.

Chemistry is unforgettable, though, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Not gonna lie I don’t have the slightest memory of what it sounds like anymore (along with Peter Pan), just remember hating it at the time.

Chemistry is unforgettable, though, unfortunately.

Yea that was my initial reaction but it was a nice surprise.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Problem with that album is that the run of Peter Pan - Chemistry - Infinite Content in middle makes such a huge crater it's almost impossible to come back from.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve definitely come to enjoy EN more now that it’s just another album in their discography and not their new disappointing release, but it certainly has its fair share of stinkers. Like said above, after a promising start, that middle run just drags it down and leaves a lingering bad taste despite there being some great stuff after that. 

So very anxious to see where they’re going next. Hope this first single is an absolute stormer.

Aye defo makes it easier just to separate the songs into playlists, never really needing to go back to the album.

I don't go back to it too often but Everything Now is a good album. I like every song on it other than Chemistry and Good God Damn, which I was expecting to be a banger based on the name but it's probably the most plodding, nothing song they've ever done. Even Peter Pan and the Infinite Contents, while not their strongest work, are fine within the album itself. The title track, Signs of Life, Creature Comforts, Electric Blue and the closing songs make up for the bad ones. I think the biggest issue with the album was the promotion, which seemed to annoy a lot of people.