Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't go back to it too often but Everything Now is a good album. I like every song on it other than Chemistry and Good God Damn, which I was expecting to be a banger based on the name but it's probably the most plodding, nothing song they've ever done. Even Peter Pan and the Infinite Contents, while not their strongest work, are fine within the album itself. The title track, Signs of Life, Creature Comforts, Electric Blue and the closing songs make up for the bad ones. I think the biggest issue with the album was the promotion, which seemed to annoy a lot of people. 

Agree with this. It's certainly not my favourite AF album, but those 2 tracks are the only ones that I dislike. And the tracks they played on the (excellent) tour justified their place in the setlist.

I hope they nail the next album though, so we can start talking about them as potential headliners again.

4 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Agree with this. It's certainly not my favourite AF album, but those 2 tracks are the only ones that I dislike. And the tracks they played on the (excellent) tour justified their place in the setlist.

I hope they nail the next album though, so we can start talking about them as potential headliners again.

I reckon they're potential headliners... again.

18 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I was on the barrier for an indoor show on that tour and it was total  smoke for a couple songs. You just had to stand there and let it clear.

Yeah the Manchester arena show was full on fog in the standing area for Creature Comfort and Power Out. Couldn't see a thing. Thought something had gone wrong with the smoke machine. Pretty cool through.

1 hour ago, Lubic87 said:

Yeah the Manchester arena show was full on fog in the standing area for Creature Comfort and Power Out. Couldn't see a thing. Thought something had gone wrong with the smoke machine. Pretty cool through.

Oh for sure. Just standing there witj lights beaming like you were inside a ufo or something. Good times.

6 hours ago, bucket said:

Reflektor is their best album

Worst album for me. I’d go Funeral,  Neon Bible, The Suburbs, Everything Now and then Reflektor. Very good band so it’s hard to rate the albums and the top albums. They’d probably change around if I re listened to all the albums but I just really didn’t get on with Reflektor. 

Reflektor the song - top tier.
Reflektor the album - very average.

It’s clearly Funeral > Neon Bible/The Suburbs > Reflektor > Everything Now

Probably lean more towards The Suburbs of those second two but it could be different on any given day.

Not that I bother listening to Arcade Fire anymore. Need them to release something good to snap me out of it.

• Upvote 1