Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Saw an interview with him on the bigger bang tour where he said he sort of enjoys the first 20 shows of a tour and doesnt care after that.

That kind of makes sense, an honest thing to say in my book. At least when he shouts out "Glastonberrrrry" you'll know he remembered where he is, or had it written oh his hand.

Edited by whisty

I think the potential for the show's broadcast on tv changes Mick's attitude somewhat.

If not... then we're already onto a loser. However something tells me the Eavis so-solid crew will pick up on that. If the Stones show up it will be a fuck-sight better than IOW.

"Brothers and sisters... brothers and sisters c'mon now. Everybody just cool out."

mick081200x800.jpg

You have a Glastonbury ticket...and your planning to do a miss a whole fecking day for Kasabian doing HRC? Don't get me wrong I like Kasabian but you can pretty much see them any where most years! Complete madness to even consider it, no matter whose headlining Glastonbury!

Aye ! - Go see Kasabian in Doncaster !!!! , they are playing the dome so if you get there early you can do some ice skating as well !

I want my favourite lead singers to not give a fuck about anything. Otherwise you end up with Chris Martin.

I would love Geddy Lee to announce that to the crowd ! , but then as a huge Fall fan I am not sure what Mark E Smith thinks !

Does Jagger care about anything? It's hard to know. He's certainly adopted a distant, blaise attitude in interviews, but that's maybe a self-preservation mechanism adopted as being one of the most famous people on the planet for the last 50-odd years.

In short, you're unlikely to see him enthusing excitedly about anything - he's not 14, and it's easy to forget with his 'seen it all' demeanour that he actually probably has seen it all - but equally that doesn't mean he'll phone in a performance or pretend he'd rather be elsewhere when he's onstage.

Watching Charlie is My Darling he seemed to give even less of a shit back then.

Kasabian are my favourite band of all time, ever. I've seen them from tiny <200 venues in Soho, to headlining V and Reading Festival, even met them a few times... So, being my favourite band and all, I am desperate to see them in what might be my only chance to see them this year after the Royal Albert Hall show...

I'm trying to work it all out. I'm buying a ticket, hoping that the Saturday doesn't appeal to me, and then travel about for it... But if the Sunday is something I'd like to be at, I'll give a friend my ticket...

Anyway, back on topic, The Rolling Stones are awesome, I hope that they DO play Glastonbury, because I would absolutely love to see them, it would probably be my only ever chance to see them... Looking forward to the festival in general- 113 days!

Out of interest, have you ever been to Glastonbury before? It's certainly worth staying, no matter who is playing on the Saturday! Something completely unique! I understand the whole 'favourite band' thing, but they play gigs every year, and will be back in 2014, might even do some more gigs in '13!

It's your decision though, just some advice from your friendly local forum!

I've identified a problem with the Stones; kids' parents and teachers are all telling them drugs are bad for them, but then there's this living evidence that drugs may actually be the elixir of life, is is responsible for them to take a slot that put them on a prime cut of BBC airtime?

This just in...

Roy Keane has said The Rolling Stones definitely not playing Glastonbury.

Geoff Shreeves is interviewing Michael Eavis as we speak:

"You know The Stones aren't playing don't you? You do know they're not playing? You know you only have one headliner booked don't you?!"........

Kasabian are my favourite band of all time, ever. I've seen them from tiny <200 venues in Soho, to headlining V and Reading Festival, even met them a few times... So, being my favourite band and all, I am desperate to see them in what might be my only chance to see them this year after the Royal Albert Hall show...

I'm trying to work it all out. I'm buying a ticket, hoping that the Saturday doesn't appeal to me, and then travel about for it... But if the Sunday is something I'd like to be at, I'll give a friend my ticket...

Anyway, back on topic, The Rolling Stones are awesome, I hope that they DO play Glastonbury, because I would absolutely love to see them, it would probably be my only ever chance to see them... Looking forward to the festival in general- 113 days!

Really? Imo its not like Reading etc where you mince on and off site all day, surely you'll spend a hell of a lot of time travelling when you could be seeing a load of great new bands you haven't heard of instead of chasing one you've seen repeatedly.

Each to their own at the end of the day but you're one of a very lucky minority to have a gold dust ticket to an event which has 24hr entertainment so why waste a day (or more) travelling back and forth to see band when there are hundreds of acts on site. Kasabian play all the time so not lije you're missing a one off show.

You been to Glasto before? Leaving half-way through may seem a lot less attractive once you're actually on site.

Hello Tom

I really like Kasabian, they were great doing the sundown set at glasto on pyramid a couple of years back. Whole crowd loved it.

I appreciate they are your fav band, but i reckon you should consider giving this one a miss

You have a glasto ticket, and even if you were Serge's mother, and he was being knighted at the palace (services to charity football matches) you should still stay on site

It is the muts nuts my good man

Which is exactly why giving them a miss might be an idea! Especially if your going to the RAH show anyway....Kasabian at the Olympic Park won't be anything special, just another one on a huge tour...Just saviour them for a while and wait to see them headline Glastonbury within 2/3 years. Nothing like seeing your favourite band there (Muse for me :P) :)

Edited by LondonTom

Really? Imo its not like Reading etc where you mince on and off site all day, surely you'll spend a hell of a lot of time travelling when you could be seeing a load of great new bands you haven't heard of instead of chasing one you've seen repeatedly.

Each to their own at the end of the day but you're one of a very lucky minority to have a gold dust ticket to an event which has 24hr entertainment so why waste a day (or more) travelling back and forth to see band when there are hundreds of acts on site. Kasabian play all the time so not lije you're missing a one off show.

You been to Glasto before? Leaving half-way through may seem a lot less attractive once you're actually on site.

This. The thought of leaving the site is crazy talk to me.

From the stones fans website

Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring

[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are mounting a 2013 late spring North American arena tour that will total 18 concerts with multiple-night stands in some cities. On this round of tour dates, arenas with professional and college sports commitments are likely to be sitting on the sidelines

New promotion company Virgin Live, who promoted the Stone's 2012 outing that celebrated the band's 50th anniversary, are on board again. Virgin Live marked the coming together of veteran UK promoter Paul Dainty's Dainty Group and mogul Richard Branson's Virgin Group.

On previous tours, the Stones were promoted by Live Nation. The last Stones tour promoted by the mega promoter was their 2005-2007 A Bigger Bang Tour.

The Stones last played five arena shows Nov. 25 and Nov. 29, 2012 at London's O2 Arena, Dec.8 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY and Dec. 13 and Dec. 15 at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

Stay tuned for tour dates, cities and venues.

Go to Kasabian and put your Glastonbury ticket back in the pot for someone who wants to go to Glastonbury that week, for the whole week.