Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

They played the 121212 Hurricane Sandy benefit in December of last year. Prior to that, they headlined Sarstock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molson_Canadian_Rocks_for_Toronto

Granted, they are pretty rare instances and I agree that it all depends on the timing of Glasto re. the other dates they do.

I think 12.12.12 was purely a promo tool to plug their pay per view that weekend. Which is more cynical and "anti benefit" than not doing it at all it could be argued.

They only did two songs. 7 minutes or something. Then pissed off back to the hotel. Two birds each.

Edited by The Nal

I think 12.12.12 was purely a promo tool to plug their pay per view that weekend. Which is more cynical and "anti benefit" than not doing it at all it could be argued.

They only did two songs. 7 minutes or something. Then pissed off back to the hotel. Two birds each.

they did mention the PPV before and after so was an obvious promo slot,

Seems Ronnie genuinely wants to play. Mick couldnt give a shit, Charlie couldnt give a shit and Keith is a total passenger.

So the only person in the band who wants them to play unfortunately has about as much influence as I do in the band. None.

Would you want them at Glasto if Jagger could not give a shit ?

Does Jagger care about anything? It's hard to know. He's certainly adopted a distant, blaise attitude in interviews, but that's maybe a self-preservation mechanism adopted as being one of the most famous people on the planet for the last 50-odd years.

In short, you're unlikely to see him enthusing excitedly about anything - he's not 14, and it's easy to forget with his 'seen it all' demeanour that he actually probably has seen it all - but equally that doesn't mean he'll phone in a performance or pretend he'd rather be elsewhere when he's onstage.

Does Jagger care about anything? It's hard to know. He's certainly adopted a distant, blaise attitude in interviews, but that's maybe a self-preservation mechanism adopted as being one of the most famous people on the planet for the last 50-odd years.

In short, you're unlikely to see him enthusing excitedly about anything - he's not 14, and it's easy to forget with his 'seen it all' demeanour that he actually probably has seen it all - but equally that doesn't mean he'll phone in a performance or pretend he'd rather be elsewhere when he's onstage.

yeah if the Stones do decide to play they're not gonna turn up and look like they don't give a shit - they'll put as much effort into it as they do their other shows (how much effort that actually is is another thing altogether...)

been watching videos of their December shows and they really don't look that bad. got me pretty damn excited for them actually

The idea of them doing the Saturday is all speculation, right? Nowhere has actually said that "if they're doing it, they're doing the Saturday"?

I'm just asking, because I'm hoping to see Kasabian at Hard Rock Calling on the Saturday, and only The Stones will stop me from going... I'm hoping that I'll do Glasto on the Friday, travel back to London on Saturday morning, see Kasabian, go home for a few hours, then get the train all the way back to Glastonbury to see The Stones on the Sunday...

But from what everyone's saying, I've got to pick between seeing my favourite band of all time, or THE FUCKING ROLLING STONES!!!! :(

Every rumour has had the Stones on Saturday. On the bright side there'll be plenty of chances to see Kasabian.

I'm just asking, because I'm hoping to see Kasabian at Hard Rock Calling on the Saturday, and only The Stones will stop me from going... I'm hoping that I'll do Glasto on the Friday, travel back to London on Saturday morning, see Kasabian, go home for a few hours, then get the train all the way back to Glastonbury to see The Stones on the Sunday...

You have a Glastonbury ticket...and your planning to do a miss a whole fecking day for Kasabian doing HRC? Don't get me wrong I like Kasabian but you can pretty much see them any where most years! Complete madness to even consider it, no matter whose headlining Glastonbury!

The idea of them doing the Saturday is all speculation, right? Nowhere has actually said that "if they're doing it, they're doing the Saturday"?

But from what everyone's saying, I've got to pick between seeing my favourite band of all time, or THE FUCKING ROLLING STONES!!!! :(

You'd give up a full day at glasto to see Kasabian who will play most places most years? :banghead:

You have a Glastonbury ticket, enjoy it and then see Kasabian another time, and Its common knowledge it'll be the Saturday. Jagger doesn't like the Sunday "as it always rains" and it was mentioned in a few interviews if it happened it would be the Sunday... personally I think you should get a refund, and watch it on TV then go see Kasabian... will save you a lot of time, money and effort with traveling about

This is mental!

Not bothered really. He doesnt give a shit about any gigs they play. By his own admission.

Where has he said this mate? Seems a bizarre thing to go on the record as saying.

When I last saw them in 2007 I found his energy levels remarkable.

Where has he said this mate? Seems a bizarre thing to go on the record as saying.

When I last saw them in 2007 I found his energy levels remarkable.

Saw an interview with him on the bigger bang tour where he said he sort of enjoys the first 20 shows of a tour and doesnt care after that.