"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Her single quote in full was

'We’ve managed to keep some big secrets recently and there’s a couple more this year that haven’t gone out yet as well,” Eavis continued. “There’s a really big one. I haven’t even hinted or told anyone it’s coming and we’ve managed to keep it completely quiet for the first time ever. I’m just pleased we’ve managed to keep it secret for this long. We’ve had it for about six months'

There hasn't been mention of anything since, I just honestly think that Emily's idea of 'really big' is greatly different to our idea of 'really big' I could be wrong of course and Led Zeppelin could appear in Strummerville, in terms of the new area, I guess they could well have tried to go ahead with it, decided it wasn't feasible and moved things along, don't recall having seen anything else about that since the initial news?

Just now, chatty said:

Have I missed something, hows Johnny Depp in the frame here. Really cant be arsed to backtrack through the thread just to see loads of huge speculation even though its Elbow. 

I think people are just saying that Jonny Depp being on site doing a talk could be the 'really big' secret she had alluded to in the earlier statement.

25 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Her single quote in full was

'We’ve managed to keep some big secrets recently and there’s a couple more this year that haven’t gone out yet as well,” Eavis continued. “There’s a really big one. I haven’t even hinted or told anyone it’s coming and we’ve managed to keep it completely quiet for the first time ever. I’m just pleased we’ve managed to keep it secret for this long. We’ve had it for about six months'

There hasn't been mention of anything since, I just honestly think that Emily's idea of 'really big' is greatly different to our idea of 'really big' I could be wrong of course and Led Zeppelin could appear in Strummerville, in terms of the new area, I guess they could well have tried to go ahead with it, decided it wasn't feasible and moved things along, don't recall having seen anything else about that since the initial news?

But the quote says she has kept it a secret for 6 months, if it was a new area I doubt they'd be working on it for 6 months, announce it then abandon it. Not that I personally think it's a new area mind.

2 hours ago, Fork_UK said:

Woah!  

Good job I can't stand silent disco's then, really!

It's a deposit, you get your money back when you hand the set back in. Same as Cineramageddon when you turn up. Not ideal but probably the only way you can make these things work. You won't be left out of pocket overall is the point

16 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But the quote says she has kept it a secret for 6 months, if it was a new area I doubt they'd be working on it for 6 months, announce it then abandon it. Not that I personally think it's a new area mind.

Sorry, the new area thing was something I added in response to someone else, I don't think it relates to a new area, I think it was a music act, that has since been announced (Liam Gallagher) to a lot of people it's not really big, but she may view it as such.

33 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

well there was supposed to be a new area, in the Saxon Market area, as a production company posted about on Facebook designing sets for it, and 2 music acts posted on twitter that they were playing "the Saxon Market". neither of them are anywhere on the lineup.

so either it's been cancelled and those acts have just been given the boot, or it's still to come.

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

well there was supposed to be a new area, in the Saxon Market area, as a production company posted about on Facebook designing sets for it, and 2 music acts posted on twitter that they were playing "the Saxon Market". neither of them are anywhere on the lineup.

so either it's been cancelled and those acts have just been given the boot, or it's still to come.

I thought the Saxon market area was an area that already existed? Certainly people have posted maps with it marked out. It wasn't a new area as such, but a bit like a county within the festival.

it was the area with a load of food stalls between the Other and Pyramid. the whole area was supposed to be getting a complete facelift with interactive art installations from the Cloud9 design/production company in Bristol, and seemingly music acts now playing there too, as at least 2 acts posted over the last few months about their appearance there.

2 hours ago, chatty said:

Have I missed something, hows Johnny Depp in the frame here. Really cant be arsed to backtrack through the thread just to see loads of huge speculation even though its Elbow. 

Announced today along with LG

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/12/johnny-depp-liam-gallagher-glastonbury-lineup-additions&ved=0ahUKEwi9pdfa47jUAhVJJsAKHYEJCv4QFgg1MAc&usg=AFQjCNE-D1AS9_p0UeNZuf-Xe0F4VU-N1Q

As it's the 10th anniversary of the Park this year I would hedge a bet that the Park special guest is the big secret to Emily, even if it is Elbow.

Most people expected/knew LG would be on the line-up, and is Johnny Depp really that big a deal considering the majority of people at the festival won't see him?

I was seriously doubting the big secret but reading that quote from Emily again suggests, to me, there is something bigger and better in the pipeline.

Disclaimer: post may contain straw clutching

Edited by Tyonks
Appalling spelling
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tyonks said:

I was seriously doubting the big secret but reading that quote from Emily again suggests, to me, there is something bigger and better in the pipeline.

Disclaimer: post may contain straw clutching

Image result for clutching at straws

I really don't think that Clutching at Straws will be the big secret.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cerv said:

It's a deposit, you get your money back when you hand the set back in. Same as Cineramageddon when you turn up. Not ideal but probably the only way you can make these things work. You won't be left out of pocket overall is the point

Ah, I misread.  Fair dos then.  

2 hours ago, cerv said:

It's shit for people without a ticket but i guess if they did it silent disco style you'd have stupid crowds turning up.

1 hour ago, rpfranks said:

As it's the 10th anniversary of the Park this year I would hedge a bet that the Park special guest is the big secret to Emily, even if it is Elbow.

Most people expected/knew LG would be on the line-up, and is Johnny Depp really that big a deal considering the majority of people at the festival won't see him?

I guess that's possible, Emily posted this back in late October:

"Next year will be ten years since we created The Park area so we are planning some exciting surprises to mark the anniversary..." https://www.instagram.com/p/BMBut47DjSX/

If the Park 'TBA' was being planned back then, it could potentially fit in with her more recent comment in May: "I’m just pleased we’ve managed to keep it secret for this long. We’ve had it for about six months"