Favourite longdrops on site.

BlackHole2006

My favourite long drops on the festival site has to be the ones next to West Holts because it means you can listen to a good song or two whilst doing your business. I've had some cracking experiences in there and I'm looking forward to using them again. Second favourite has to be the ones next to the Astrolabe, I would definitely give them a 10/10 for convenience.

Been thinking about this a lot today and I'm curious. What are your favourite long drops on site?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a compost one, I absolutely detest any ones along the railway line, for some reason I get stage fright, the ones in the SE corner are aweful and the ones just outside west holts near to circus , for some reason they feel too public lol

The ones by acoustic are OK though ..

Oh my I cannot believe I have 'favourite' long drops and not somethng I've ever considered before

4 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Next to Lulu's Cafe on what is now the main route to JPT.  They used to be very quiet a couple of years ago but they might have been 'discovered' since the move of John Peel.

Another vote for Lulu's longdrops. Camped on Hitchen Hill in 2014 and were great for a quiet, contemplative poo surrounded by the tree's. 

I had one of my worst longdrop experiences at the West holts ones, midday in 2010. They were so full, it was SO hot, I was so hungover, it was one of those toilet experiences where you level up and are able to do your business in a whole new range of toilets because it won't match that.

I levelled up again a few years later in corp in Sheffield, I can go anywhere now.

I like the ones near the Astrolabe. Usually clean and quiet. I do have a soft spot for the ones at the bottom of Park Home having used them the most over the years. 

Worst are the West Holts ones or the ones near Williams Green. Always filthy, always a queue. The SE Corner ones are horrendous too, but I'm usually too drunk to care.

3 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

Worst were near the Pyramid at the bottom of Michael's mead (i think around there). They were carnage haha.

Agreed. One day my SO used these, he said there was shit smeared allover the walls. Why??? :o

Edited by daisylane

1 minute ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I'm not precious though, I'll use any loo, I'll even sit on the seat and I'm not scared to look down :D:D:D

Sometimes, while wiping the inevitable piss off the seat, I'll have a nosy down the hole. It's fascinating really.

its the ones by the john peel for me too , near where we camp and perfect for me to read the newspaper in surrounded by birdsong in the early mornings , perhaps we need to move the venue for the Efest meet with so many people already there frequently :)

The ones at the far side of the pyramid, next to the BBC camera cherry pick, but then have a panic on that he could zoom straight in whilst i'm in hover position.

Listening to Ace of Spades live was a moment or movement :0)

Can't say I have a favourite long-drop, especially now we have the compost ones.

However, I do have a favourite long-drop story. We were at the raised ones along the railway line (never the best) and my mate said it'd be no problem as he'd just do the Asian squat. Now, he was a bit worse for wear and started a wobble but thought nothing of it and just put his arm out and leant forward. As we all know the doors open outwards, so it springs open and out he rolls, arse first, with a full somersault out and into the railings on the raised platform, in full view of a large number of spectators.