Participants needed for a questionnaire

dannishelle

Hi Dannishelle

You're probably wondering why you're getting a bit of a prickly response?  Well, we get inundated on this forum with requests to do questionnaires, especially on social media and festival branding.  Those people that seem to get the best responses tend to be those that introduce themselves, what they are studying, what their connection is with the festival in question and those that take an active part in this forum.  Then, the quality of the questionnaire itself needs to be good, with well thought out and tested question structure leading to a range of qualitative and quantitative responses.

As you've neither engaged nor provided a questionnaire, you can't blame people for being negative.

Try doing a search on here for some of the questionnaires that we get asked to do - you'll see what I mean

Bex

I think I wrote a dissertation on government policy on the criminalisation of ecstasy. I can't remember what my conclusions where as I was pretty fucked for at lot of the time at uni tbh. I reckon I'd probably try and put some glastonbury related spin on it now though if I was to return as a mature student!

My dissertation was on 1970s British TV and Film and how/if it mirrored the political and social issues at the time. 

In essence I watched a lot of Fawlty Towers, Porridge, The Good Life, Till death.. , The Sweeney, It Ain't Half Hot, Rising Damp and Bond, then made up a question about them. 

I had a great laugh

18 hours ago, dannishelle said:

Heyyyy would anyone be interested in filling out a quick questionnaire please. I am researching the effects of social media on Glastonbury for my dissertation. Thank you in advance xx

Give us a link.....

On 1/10/2017 at 2:30 AM, dannishelle said:

Heyyyy would anyone be interested in filling out a quick questionnaire please. I am researching the effects of social media on Glastonbury for my dissertation. Thank you in advance xx

Just sounds like a really flimsy dissertation proposal. Why this topic? What kind of findings are you expecting. I just can't imagine there's a lot of quantifiable information out there.

However, I love a wee survey so fire away!

Oh, I forgot...we never hear from these people again...

Edited by Tartan_Glasto
Can't spell

27 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Just sounds like a really flimsy dissertation proposal. Why this topic? What kind of findings are you expecting. I just can't imagine there's a lot of quantifiable information out there.

However, I love a wee survey so fire away!

Oh, I forgot...we never hear from these people again...

Would you really be surprised if 'we' never hear from Dannishelle again? She politely and cheerfully asked for help which resulted in some not very nice posts yesterday followed by more comments implying her degree would be useless anyway and then posts about bra straps!! Really!!!

Are students just considered to be fair game...?

1 minute ago, Dillyblue said:

Would you really be surprised if 'we' never hear from Dannishelle again? She politely and cheerfully asked for help which resulted in some not very nice posts yesterday followed by more comments implying her degree would be useless anyway and then posts about bra straps!! Really!!!

Are students just considered to be fair game...?

Students aren't fair game, after all, a lot of us have been one. However, people that come to take without giving are fair game. It's always one post wonders that ask for something with nothing in return. No one ever returns and says thank you for taking the time to fill in the survey or give an indication on how their research is going. They can get involved in the forums, become part of the community then if at that point they ask for help then the majority of people here would be more than happy I imagine. 

Plus the fact that an online survey with an unknown demographic is largely not useable as a dissertation research method.

Given that this forum is a form of social media, I think Dannishelle has already got some answers without even posting a link to her questionnaire.

And yes, students are fair game but most of us try to help them by offering some constructive thoughts, as people have done.