The Pixies..surely!!

Lynsey Cox

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as posted in another thread, i don't see it happening again so soon after last time, but the fact that they're around and not (i don't think?) down as any kind of exclusive could be looked at at positive i guess. would love them to be there to make up for missing them last time which has haunted me since

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

as posted in another thread, i don't see it happening again so soon after last time, but the fact that they're around and not (i don't think?) down as any kind of exclusive could be looked at at positive i guess. would love them to be there to make up for missing them last time which has haunted me since

Yeah I had them 3rd down on the Pyramid beneath Radiohead and Bon Iver on the prediction thread. Definitely think it's a possibility. 

1 minute ago, AM91 said:

Yeah I had them 3rd down on the Pyramid beneath Radiohead and Bon Iver on the prediction thread. Definitely think it's a possibility. 

can't see them getting that high a billing after only subbing Other last time 'round. JP headliner (although candidates for that seem to be growing by the day) or another Other slot i'd assume if they were to play again

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

can't see them getting that high a billing after only subbing Other last time 'round. JP headliner (although candidates for that seem to be growing by the day) or another Other slot i'd assume if they were to play again

Yeah JP headliner is a good shout. Quite fancy Manic Street Preachers to take one of those slots with a new album coming out.

actually after Beck this year maybe Pixies being on the Pyramid isn't such a ridiculous idea. they've subbed Radiohead in the past and Thom and the chaps are big fans. they'd certainly get a better reception from a Radiohead crowd than Beck did from the Coldplay lot, anyway. Pixies > The xx > Radiohead would be dreamy

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

THIS!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Didn't they last play the same year as the XX, who are nailed on for returning?

I know they are much more relevant than Pixies in 2016/17, but the Pixies do have a (good) new album to tour. 

Friday of:

Pixies

the XX

Radiohead

PLEASE.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

I know they are much more relevant than Pixies in 2016/17, but the Pixies do have a (good) new album to tour. 

Friday of:

Pixies

the XX

Radiohead

PLEASE.

Yes yes and YES Pixies, The XX and Radiohead would be incredible. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Friday of:

Pixies

the XX

Radiohead

PLEASE.

The xx played 2013 and Pixies played 2014.

This would be good, though. Had to miss them in 2014.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

to be honest that year was a nightmare clusterf**k as you had Jack White-Pixies-Goldfrapp with Manics and Robert Plant thrown in for good measure. Personally went for Goldfrapp Manics but it was a tough call

2014 was my favourite year :D

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

to be honest that year was a nightmare clusterf**k as you had Jack White-Pixies-Goldfrapp with Manics and Robert Plant thrown in for good measure. Personally went for Goldfrapp Manics but it was a tough call

Same but Metallica instead of Goldfrapp. Couldn't believe that lot were all on the same day.

not a massive Pixies fan to be honest,

but i did watch Beck when he subbed coldplay, was a pretty empty field at that point. But he was good did the classics put on a good show.

I woudl watch the Pixies if they subbed Radio head I think the crowd would be bigger