The Pixies..surely!!

Lynsey Cox

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few tickets of theirs on Twickets for anyone who's interested (last time I checked anyway).

Went with a mate last night and they were superb. The opening run of Where Is My Mind, Nimrod's Son, Break My Body and Brick Is Red set the tone really well.

Atmosphere was great too... been quite a while since I've seen a band where almost everyone I could see was belting out every lyric!

On 30/11/2016 at 0:52 PM, ivan said:

Leeds is going to be busy tonight.

We are up at the Uni for White Lies

Damm the bookers for that one as its a clash from hell on a Weds night in Leeds.

Thursday night was manic in Leeds too.  I was there for Frank Turner at the Uni.  Marillion were on in the Met and Levellers at the Academy

Pixies were great.  Paz Lenchantin is never going to be Kim Deal and I do still think something is missing since her departure but they were still a great to watch.  The Academy felt massively oversold - never ever seen it so packed!

i got out from the front, to the toilet and back into the front of the crowd during pixies so it can't have been that bad. As ever there is always a bit more room further forward / in the middle but people just choose to stand near the sides / bar and in a crowd where there's not that much movement (apart from the front) it can feel a bit rude to push past admittedly.

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

i got out from the front, to the toilet and back into the front of the crowd during pixies so it can't have been that bad. As ever there is always a bit more room further forward / in the middle but people just choose to stand near the sides / bar and in a crowd where there's not that much movement (apart from the front) it can feel a bit rude to push past admittedly.

I was at the front to the very left of the stage and it felt packed... quite probably because of the people at the sides coming up the steps from the bar :)