Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/30/2017 at 8:53 AM, Cian T said:

John Mayer announced a "world tour" today, only released US dates so far ending April 22. Could make it over for the European leg in say June? And take a trip to the farm!

i think he's got a pretty important role to play at some stadium gigs in May and June... you can catch him at a place we in NYC call "New Shea" on Saturday of Glasto weekend and it's not to catch a Mets game....

Edited by tevaburger

1 minute ago, tevaburger said:

i think he's got a pretty important role to play at some stadium gigs in May and June... you can catch him at a place we in NYC call "New Shea" on Saturday of Glasto weekend, and it's not to catch a Mets game....

oops...edit becomes double post...old man having tech issues...

Edited by tevaburger

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Are you going?

I have a ticket for Worthy Farm...and plan to be there unless some sort of financial or job disaster ensues

my backup would be Wilco's Solid Sound, a very solid backup that is

unfortunately, The Dead thing at Shea is second year in a row during Glastonbury, just incredibly bad timing

They're also playing the westernmost province of Ireland earlier in June at an iconic venue called Fenway Park, and depending on what i have going on then, i may try that one.....

1 minute ago, tevaburger said:

I have a ticket for Worthy Farm...and plan to be there unless some sort of financial or job disaster ensues

my backup would be Wilco's Solid Sound, a very solid backup that is

unfortunately, The Dead thing at Shea is second year in a row during Glastonbury, just incredibly bad timing

They're also playing the westernmost province of Ireland earlier in June at an iconic venue called Fenway Park, and depending on what i have going on then, i may try that one.....

Ah yes, great town. Assume theres no chance of a Euro tour. Why break tradition!

41 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ah yes, great town. Assume theres no chance of a Euro tour. Why break tradition!

i think buildup to Glasto 95 was the last time they were even seriously mentioned for a Euro gig, and that was maybe just ME saying it would be a dream....i don't think Weir, Lesh, or any of them have played gigs in Europe since then, have they? there's been many an EFests thread hijacking where the idea of a Dead(ish) gig would do well in a place or two...i can only think that a one-off in Hyde Park like Petty's doing would work. Fly them over for one gig. Have The Prodigy support, along with Kula Shaker...

Parklife have loads of amazing names there, shame it's a no-go. Would like Frank Ocean, A Tribe Called Quest, Nao, Danny Brown, Chaka Khan, Little Dragon and Anderson .Paak. Also I know it's too soon for FlyLo or FloPo to come back, but I would love it if either did.

Dead good lineup. Anyone got any day splits? Parklife website isn't loading for me and I can't find much out. Is that what the colours mean? I dunno. If so, it's a bummer ya can't do Frankie Ocean and Tribe and the lads in one day. 

Edited by Tuna

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Dead good lineup. Anyone got any day splits? Parklife website isn't loading for me and I can't find much out. Is that what the colours mean? I dunno. If so, it's a bummer ya can't do Frankie Ocean and Tribe and the lads in one day. 

Tribe are subbing Frank on Sunday. Two Door subbing The 1975 on the Saturday 

Chaka Khan is Saturday, annoyingly