Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't imagine it was taken six or seven months ago though, which it would've had to have been if she were to not be pregnant during Coachella

If that photo was taken 6 or 7 months ago she wouldn't be pregnant now, never mind coachella. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

going to put it out there that Tom Clarke opens the Other stage doing the album in full. They might not be that big anywhere but somewhere like JP would overcrowd and Wills Green is way too small.

Not a chance - The Enemy are a joke band and that album isn't nearly seminal enough for it to draw any kind of decent crowd that early. JP or WG would be just fine. 

Just now, thewayiam said:

going to put it out there that Tom Clarke opens the Other stage doing the album in full. They might not be that big anywhere but somewhere like JP would overcrowd and Wills Green is way too small.

There is no way JP would overflow for Tom bloody Clarke!! I don't even think Williams Green would even be full, him doing the album acoustically just reeks of desperation. 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/01/beyonce-coachella-pregnant/

"It seems Beyonce is somewhere in the vicinity of 4, maybe 5 months pregnant. Coachella is slated for April, so she'll be well along and obviously very big, given she's having twins."

She's either gonna have to totally rethink her show or pull out for sure.

edit: apologies for bringing Beyonce back up - just interesting festival news :P 

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/01/beyonce-coachella-pregnant/

"It seems Beyonce is somewhere in the vicinity of 4, maybe 5 months pregnant. Coachella is slated for April, so she'll be well along and obviously very big, given she's having twins."

She's either gonna have to totally rethink her show or pull out for sure.

edit: apologies for bringing Beyonce back up - just interesting festival news :P 

She can set up a maternity room on stage and belt out the hits between contractions. She's having twins so she can do a show both weeks.

This has almost certainly been bought up in the 148 pages of this thread so apologies in advance, but would there be any chance of Metallica showing up in support of their latest album?  I know it hasn't been long since they headlined and they have no UK tour dates announced as far as I'm aware, but I think they could give Ed a run for his money if they headlined Other as an alternative to Green Day maybe?  Im probably way off but could be a possibility as they seem to love the festival.

1 minute ago, TunaBaby said:

This has almost certainly been bought up in the 148 pages of this thread so apologies in advance, but would there be any chance of Metallica showing up in support of their latest album?  I know it hasn't been long since they headlined and they have no UK tour dates announced as far as I'm aware, but I think they could give Ed a run for his money if they headlined Other as an alternative to Green Day maybe?  Im probably way off but could be a possibility as they seem to love the festival.

It hasn't been brought up (I don't think) because it definitely won't happen. 2014 was a rarity and I can say with confidence that they'll never play the festival again. Not sure where the info came from but I seem to remember them not being lined up for any UK festivals this year and will return to do one/some next year instead. Lars may be there as a punter though as he seems to have fully embraced it.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It hasn't been brought up (I don't think) because it definitely won't happen. 2014 was a rarity and I can say with confidence that they'll never play the festival again. Not sure where the info came from but I seem to remember them not being lined up for any UK festivals this year and will return to do one/some next year instead. Lars may be there as a punter though as he seems to have fully embraced it.

I thought as much, although in my opinion its a shame, would much rather see them rebooked at some point in the future than Muse or Coldplay! Reading or Download 2018 would be my guess in that case.