2017 Wish Lists

Winslow Leach

Flaming Lips headlining The Other....

I was very sunburnt and depressed about it on the Friday. So I decided to eat pills and drink a shitload of cider all day. By 8pm, Im dehydrated and pretty fucked. 

Me - "I want to watch the flaming lips"

My mates - "We want to watch Gorilliaz"

Me "I feel pretty faint..." 

Mates "Stay here, watch the Gorillaz and we will look after you" passes me water.

11:15 ish - 

Mates -  "This is fucking shit. We are off to watch Fatboy slim"

So we go there... see fuck all cos we are too far back.

5 days later...

Me - Watches The Flaming Lips back, amazing... I hate everyone.

Still never seen them.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Flaming Lips headlining The Other....

I was very sunburnt and depressed about it on the Friday. So I decided to eat pills and drink a shitload of cider all day. By 8pm, Im dehydrated and pretty fucked. 

Me - "I want to watch the flaming lips"

My mates - "We want to watch Gorilliaz"

Me "I feel pretty faint..." 

Mates "Stay here, watch the Gorillaz and we will look after you" passes me water.

11:15 ish - 

Mates -  "This is fucking shit. We are off to watch Fatboy slim"

So we go there... see fuck all cos we are too far back.

5 days later...

Me - Watches The Flaming Lips back, amazing... I hate everyone.

Still never seen them.

First and second time I saw them all my mates didn't want to see them both times at festivals. First time after the show they wanted to see sucked we caught half a set from WAY back and I was so memorized... Second time I won the debate but we got there late saw them from SO FAR back again and it was so good... Third time I said fuck the mates and saw them front row center Red Rocks and was the best show I've ever been to. They did Soft Bulletin with the symphony. I am forever a Lips fan. Point is a lot of people don't get their music as it is "Okay" in headphones and just amazing live so ignore those mates next time! Took me three tries to figure that out.  

1 hour ago, Wanderlei said:

After seeing the Smyths this year, I think an actual Smiths reunion would blow Glastonbury and the surrounding areas away. Make it happen!

Morrissey and Marr in 2017 would be a far far less pleasant experience than The Smyths. Not least because The Smyths actually want to be there and haven't spent the last 30 years not working together or speaking.

20 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

But if none of these are there AND I get a ticket, I'm sure I'll find new bands to see thanks to @Brave Sir Robin's playlist when it evolves.  This year it was St Paul and the Broken Bones, Man and the Echo, John Grant and Band of Horses - and I'd be happy to see any of these again next year.

Glad you found some new acts from the playlist (and I too like all of those you mention to greater or lesser degree), but I'd better warn you that I'm not going to do it next year. Hopefully someone else on here can put together something similar to help find new acts. Or you'll have to do your own research!

33 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Glad you found some new acts from the playlist (and I too like all of those you mention to greater or lesser degree), but I'd better warn you that I'm not going to do it next year. Hopefully someone else on here can put together something similar to help find new acts. Or you'll have to do your own research!

Do you normally do your playlist on Spotify Sir Robin?  

Nils Frahm

Frank Ocean

The Roots

Kendrick 

Anderson Paak

Aphex Twin

Kaytranada

Bjork

Mount Kimbie

Four Tet (live)

Air

Grimes (missed this year)

Justice

Jessy Lanza

Omar Souleyman

Dj wise Motor City Drum Ensemble, Moodymann and Omar-S

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!  

I don't blame you though - it must take weeks of your life and it would be a brave person to take it on!  I will steel myself to researching for myself too.

On 7/4/2016 at 11:26 AM, AdamWillingham said:
  • Radiohead
  • Bon Iver
  • The National (never going to happen is it) 
  • Wilco 

fingers crossed ur first 3 will happen, all are due, and if so, what a year it will be.

alas, Wilco will be playing in different capacities for 3 days over a much smaller field in the Berkshires of Massachusetts as they do 'every other summer', the weekend of the 20's in June. 2013 was a gem year in that I was able to do both, as Glasto went right up to end of month, but next year it's surely going to clash.

2018 is fallow year, 2019 likely another Wilco Solid Sound...so...someone start a Wilco for 2020 thread?

11 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

BSR, I'm so sorry to hear this. I've really appreciated you efforts over the years. You have introduced me to some acts thst I would never have ecperiencef otherwise and lef me to enjoy some excellent sets at Glastonbury.

I thank you profoundly and respect your decision. I just hope (but doubt) that someone will step up to the mark and run next years playlist.

I'm really wishing for Kendrick Lamar, think that would be sensational.

But also i'm quietly hoping for Rage Against the Machine i'm quietly hopeful as members of Rage are currently in the super group Prophets of Rage; but obviously very unlikely. 

I'd also love;

The National,

Queens of the Stone Age,

Portishead,

Bjork

Immortal Technique,

Outkast

Death Grips

and perhaps At the Drive In. 

A man can but only dream