Kendrick Lamar 
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
War on Drugs
The Avalanches
Daft Punk
Nick Cave
Aretha Franklin (Legend)

On 7/6/2016 at 0:22 PM, Quark said:

Do you normally do your playlist on Spotify Sir Robin?  

Yep, see here for details: 

On 7/6/2016 at 1:58 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Any reason or just too much effort now (not that I blame you, it must take forever!!!)

Yeah the effort-enjoyment ratio seemed to shift in the wrong direction this year, for the first time it felt too much like a chore.

On 7/6/2016 at 3:23 PM, Beerqueen said:

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!  

I don't blame you though - it must take weeks of your life and it would be a brave person to take it on!  I will steel myself to researching for myself too.

Yeah, sorry. I'm hopeful someone on here will come up with something similar. I'll be more than happy to offer some tips/assistance.

22 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

BSR, I'm so sorry to hear this. I've really appreciated you efforts over the years. You have introduced me to some acts thst I would never have ecperiencef otherwise and lef me to enjoy some excellent sets at Glastonbury.

I thank you profoundly and respect your decision. I just hope (but doubt) that someone will step up to the mark and run next years playlist.

Ah thanks HalfAnIdiot, good to hear it's had a positive impact and as I say I'm hopeful. In fact to take this back to the topic, I'll say that after securing tickets for me & the gang, my next wish is someone sets up a comprehensive playlist based on setlists!

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah the effort-enjoyment ratio seemed to shift in the wrong direction this year, for the first time it felt too much like a chore.

Yeah, sorry. I'm hopeful someone on here will come up with something similar. I'll be more than happy to offer some tips/assistance.

Ah thanks HalfAnIdiot, good to hear it's had a positive impact and as I say I'm hopeful. In fact to take this back to the topic, I'll say that after securing tickets for me & the gang, my next wish is someone sets up a comprehensive playlist based on setlists!

I'm on deezer rather than spotify, but will see if I can keep the flame burning.

And now his watch is ended ;)

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I really am not surprised that it has become a chore but would really like you to know how much pleasure it has brought me and countless others.  It was the only thing I listened to once I got my ticket in the resale.  I genuinely don't think I would have enjoyed either of my Glastos nearly so much without your playlist to guide me.  I am hopelessly out of touch with music but your playlist has enabled me to find some wonderful acts who not only enhanced the festival but who I will listen to way into the future.  

Just know what a great thing you have done - your legacy will live on.

(I know this may sound a little OTT, but it really isn't)

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'd be happy with Diana Ross, but Aretha Franklin would be absolutely amazing.

Add to my original list:

Run The Jewels (surely likely, given 2016's RTJ3)

Girl Talk (DJ set Thursday night)

Justice

RTJ to sub West Holts please and thank you 

(maybe even headline) 

Edited by Mezhyp1

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

RTJ to sub West Holts please and thank you 

although that'd be awesome, surely more likely to do something like sub JP since they did WH last year? although could easily see them getting a Other slot or something as well assuming this new album does really well

Just now, FloorFiller said:

although that'd be awesome, surely more likely to do something like sub JP since they did WH last year? although could easily see them getting a Other slot or something as well assuming this new album does really well

I did slightly retract that and say maybe even headline 

Il take them anywhere, absolutely anywhere, as long as they don't clash with Frank Ocean; but why the fuck would they

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I did slightly retract that and say maybe even headline 

Il take them anywhere, absolutely anywhere, as long as they don't clash with Frank Ocean; but why the fuck would they

yep, certainly hope they're booked! Glastonbury doesn't usually make a habit of rebooking American acts on every album cycle, but i sure hope they make an exception for RTJ

The Hives (something something ladder)
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Nine Inch Nails
Damien Rice
Elton John
Shady mornings
Sunny afternoons
Beautiful sunsets
Friendly faces
Clear roads
Gomez
Orbital
REM (reformed just for one night)

Edited by Spindles

Pearl Jam (... let's pray...)

Kula Shaker

Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls

Arcade Fire, My Morning Jacket, Damien Rice, Glen Hansard, The War On Drugs, Airbourne, Gogol Bordello, Houndmouth, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Bon Iver, Will & the People, The Cat Empire, Stereophonics