Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

On 11/09/2016 at 9:01 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

A word about the youth, the following conversation happened today between me ans my thirteen and three quarter old nephew

"Is Radiohead a website?"

*Pause where I think he's shitting me*

"No, Radiohead are a band". I want for him to realise what a stupid thing he's just asked.

"Oh." 

Vile. What are they teaching in schools nowadays? In my day we had to write out 2 encore setlists from memory and recite B-Sides in order of obscurity.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Chawk said:

Vile. What are they teaching in schools nowadays? In my day we had to write out 2 encore setlists from memory and recite B-Sides in order of obscurity.

It gets worse ... apparently kid's don't even know what an album and it's artwork are!!! Listen at 2:46 - 

Edited by Little Andy

Revisted A moon shaped pool today.

Whilst I do really enjoy it, for some reason I have not become obsessed with it.

Today during "the numbers" - I was thinking "this album really is great", but afterwards - Ive gone back to listening to Father John Misty (who I have started to love) & the mighty King Gizzard...

Whats up with me?!

Or is it not really an album to obssess over?

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whilst I do really enjoy it, for some reason I have not become obsessed with it.

Today during "the numbers" - I was thinking "this album really is great", but afterwards - Ive gone back to listening to Father John Misty (who I have started to love) & the mighty King Gizzard...

Whats up with me?!

Time is a great healer. It'll sneak up on you...

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whats up with me?!

Yeah I hadn't listened to it for a couple of months before last week as the spark had sorta gone and upon revisiting it, it's obviously a pretty good album but there's certainly more nourishing stuff out there in 2016 so I'm not really still hung up on it. The excitement of having Radiohead back and touring is realer than the AMSP hype.

58 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think Present Tense is my favourite song on AMSP. Almost tempted to do an AMSP power list now it's been with us for quite a while...

=1) Identikit =1) Ful stop

2 - The Numbers 

3 - Present Tense

4 - Decks Dark

5 - Daydreaming

6 - Burn the Witch

7 - Desert Island Disk

8 - True Love Waits

9 - Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief

10 - Glass Eyes

TLW only so low as I prefer the live solo acoustic version, Glass Eyes last purely as it is my least fave off the album, not because it is shit or anything!

That list took me a good 5 minutes to think through in my head. Thats the sign of a good album, when it won't come to you straight away :P