Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

41 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

said it before but it's 2003 since radiohead really did a full scale UK tour.

Just can't see it happening though 

They will do about 4 dates and charge £85+ to see it....maybe more. It was that last time, wouldn't be surprised to see London hit a tonne due to less dates.

On 9/8/2016 at 6:51 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

That would be genuinely painful. I undoubtedly prefer The National, but might not get the chance to see Daft Punk again, but then, when would I get to see The National at Glastonbury again? But then, Daft Punk on the Pyramid would be a 'I was there' moment. 

Dat subtle Losing My Edge reference tho

http://imgur.com/8OStj2P

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN
given up trying to embed the bastard, stupid fucking internet I'M LEAVING, FUCK THIS, AM OFF
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Out of my current Other headliner trio of Major Lazer, NIN, The xx, I'd put it as:

Daft Punk vs NIN (fuck knows what I'd do)

Ed Sheeran vs The xx

Radiohead vs Major Lazer

Would much prefer NIN and The xx to swap which would also work I think.

Other guitary alternatives to play against Daft Punk could be The National as mentioned above (again would be horrible), Bon Iver, Royal Blood perhaps (would be perfect but I expect Pyramid sub).

Think it's more likely Daft Punk will be up against the xx and Ed against NIN

3 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Think it's more likely Daft Punk will be up against the xx and Ed against NIN

That'd be perfect for me. As much as I'd be gutted about missing The xx, haven't seen NIN since 2007. Although they did put The xx up against Mumfords last time round which are a similar level of beige to Ed so who knows. Suppose we better wait until anything is announced at all before I start getting worried about all that. Talking like its May 2017 :P 

Lucky Berlin 

Main set:
01. Burn The Witch
02. Daydreamer
03. Decks Dark
04. Desert Island Disk
05. Ful Stopp
06. 2+2=5
07. Lotus Flower
08. Reckoner
09. No Surprises
10. Bloom
11. Identikited
12. The Numbers
13. Gloaming 
14. EEIIRP
15. Idiotqued
16. Bodysnatchers
17. Street Spirit

Encore 1:
18. Let Down
19. Present Tense
20. Paranoid Android
21. Nude
22. Arpeggio

Encore 2:
23. Creep
24. Karma Police

1 hour ago, Aiden said:

Are we all narcissistic enough to believe that if they do end up headlining next year they'll have an extra special set list for us?
Because I'm basing my hope that they'll bring back Fake Plastic Trees on that theory.  

It's my belief that they'll do around 5 songs with strings mid set (those songs being Burn The Witch, The Numbers, Pyramid Song, Fake Plastic Trees and Street Spirit) which would count as extra special I would say.

Just back from Berlin. Radiohead were stunning. The level of their muscianship still astounds me. Encore was naturally incredible. The band appeared genuinely psyched to be performing as well.

On a side note, Lollapalooza impressed me too. The site was vast and getting away from the venue at the end of the night was pretty painless. Line-up not to my taste and beer was expensive but otherwise it was terrific.

Their set last night was absolutely incredible. So so glad we decided to fly over for the weekend, I was hoping my expectations wouldn't be crushed but they were everything I hoped for and more. Really, really hoping they do a bigger tour and/or Glasto next year, it's only made my love for them stronger and cannot wait to get the chance to see them again!

Sunday they were very good though seeing multiple festival sets is nowhere near as rewarding as seeing multiple sets from their own shows as there's lot less variation with them these days. Hearing Let Down was amazing though. That said they definitely should play a similar set at Glasto, just hope they also do a tour of their own where we would hear a few less common songs.