Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard from a friend in the entertainment industry that it's not actually Ed Sheeran headlining. I have every reason to believe that there is no weight to that claim whatsoever i.e. 90% ignore, 10% interesting file under 'My Milkmans brothers, mate said'... but its still made my day a little more intriguing if nothing else.

Hypothetically, if that was to be the case, who do people think could have slipped under the radar all this time?

Edited by Familiar2billions

6 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

Ive heard from a friend in the entertainment industry that it's not actually Ed Sheeran headlining. I have every reason to believe that there is no weight to that claim whatsoever i.e. 90% ignore, 10% interesting file under 'My Milkmans brothers, mate said'... but its still made my day a little more intriguing if nothing else.

Hypothetically, if that was to be the case, who do people think could have slipped under the radar all this time?

Shame your mate is chatting bollocks then ain't it?

cant wait for you to say that you've been told it's daft punk or led Zeppelin 

10 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

And this comes straight after he announces a London date a couple of days before hand. 

Well done for your 5 mins of attention anyway.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And this comes straight after he announces a London date a couple of days before hand. 

Well done for your 5 mins of attention anyway.

Fortunately i come on here like most others, to enjoy joining in on discussion and speculation no matter how tame or far fetched it may seem, which i clearly stated it was. Not for attention you'll be glad to hear.

did they not say who it was if not Ed so?

the 99% of people in the "entertainment industry" have absolutely no clue who the headliner is tbf. please remind them of their "it's not Ed" when it almost certainly is him.

as for who it could be, Stone Roses, Lady Gaga, I suppose you could throw in Fleetwood Mac and GnR as complete long shots too.

2 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

Ok, keep calm champ. Its a bit of fun. C'mon now, who would you think would be a suitable and realistic alternative IF... against all odd's it wasn't Ed?

I apologise if it came across a bit abrasive but I highly doubt what you're saying is based on anything true

If it's not Ed Sheeran, even though it's 99.99% certain it is... i'd say it would be Lady Gaga

1 hour ago, Familiar2billions said:

I think your post might have gained a bit less hostility if you'd mentioned which area of the entertainment industry they worked in. To answer your question, if this scenario did occur, the only thing I could think is a Gaga headline spot. 99.9% sure it's as we suspect though

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I apologise if it came across a bit abrasive but I highly doubt what you're saying is based on anything true

If it's not Ed Sheeran, even though it's 99.99% certain it is... i'd say it would be Lady Gaga

We're cool pal, to be fair i did think when i posted that despite trying to put across how tenuous the link/rumour is, that it would get construed as me trying to post something more.

And yeah, i would think it would be Lady Gaga. 

Headline acts mysteriously begin to go missing, contract illnesses, break major load bearing bones or get pregnant.

Who will rise from this possible fatal festival industry crisis?...

...Like a phoenix from the ashes of several commercially mediocre performing albums the Ga saves music as we know it.

In my opinion, if Ed pulled out we wouldn't get Lady Gaga to step in - I don't think Glastonbury is in the same bracket as coachella.. she probably only lives down the road from Coachella

I'd imagine it'd be a band who's exclusive to another festival, probably Kasabian or something...