Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Their manager said that the next album tour starts towards the end of 2018 so next year's still too early.

Would that really mean they couldn't headline though as they sold out their arena dates in december and are undoubtedly of the status to co headline at the very least. Is it the case that acts don't play these kind of slots until after their album tour or what?

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Would that really mean they couldn't headline though as they sold out their arena dates in december and are undoubtedly of the status to co headline at the very least. Is it the case that acts don't play these kind of slots until after their album tour or what?

Yeah the first shows are towards the end of 2018. Here:

On 09/07/2017 at 1:05 PM, Steve1000 said:

Doubt V would want them anymore, or any rock band for that matter. They could do Reading, but since I think Royal Blood and Foos are definite, I doubt they'd have a trio that's completely pointless for anyone who attended Glasto

I mean V Fest still books that kind of Pop Rock so I wouldn't rule them out at all

Friday:

Royal blood/Catfish and the bottlemen (co-headline) / Bombay bicycle club / Brand new (last UK shows) / Don broco / The amazons / Highly suspect / Basement / With confidence

NME: Martin garrix / Travis scott  Dance: Sigma  Pit: Of mice & men  FR: Sundara karma  1xtra: The internet

Saturday:

Foo fighters / Tame impala / Panic at the disco / Nothing but thieves / Mastodon / State champs / The sherlocks / Cabbage / Vukovi

NME: Childish gambino / Jack garratt  Dance: Galantis  Pit: Glassjaw  FR: Declan mckenna  1xtra: J hus

Sunday:

The killers / Stormzy / Wolf alice / Cage the elephant / Zack de la rocha / Beartooth / Creeper / The xcerts / Counterfeit

NME: Pendulum / Anderson .paak  Dance: Disciples  Lock up: Bowling for soup  FR: The hives  1xtra: Lethal bizzle

(Didn't really know for smaller stage headliners, but worth a guess.)

9 hours ago, justanothername said:

Brand New aren't going to do their last ever UK shows at R&L 

I can't see why people are even considering it, they'll come to the UK once more before they break up and it won't be to play for 45 minutes to 1 hour maximum at R&L

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:08 AM, SemiSweet said:

Just watched The 1975 at TRNSMT. Aside from being concerned at how completely off his face Matty was (he looks like he could be in some serious trouble in the near future), they did absolutely smash it. Fantastic show. Could and should easily be a Headline next year.

Saw them at Latitude and again he was off his face but what a performance from the full band. Will be headlining major festivals and subbing the Pyramid at Glasto off the back of the next album

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Extremely unlikely, but if Tyler the creators UK ban gets miraculously lifted, could he get a relatively high main stage slot?

He definitely would be in the higher slots of the main stage due to UK return as well as the absolutely fantastic new album, probably in a similar spot to A$AP's slot last year 

People think that Pulp are still relevant with the average R&Lgoer and big enough to headline??:lol: Come off it.

As someone who is mates with plenty of young adults/teens who proclaim to like indie, I can tell you that the majority of them dont know who Pulp are or couldnt give a toss. If CATB or Oasis or Stone Roses were announced for a festival, these same people would bite your hand off for a ticket. These people clearly aren't as passionate about music as me and you but they are the people who go to the festival each year.

Ive also been dragged along to many indie nights yet have not had the pleasure of hearing a song like Common People. It's all Jamie T and Blossoms nowadays. 

And I cant even believe someone tried to say that Pulp were equally as popular as Metallica and RHCP. Metallica are absolutely massive, especially in the rock community and everyone fucking knows and respects them. RHCP are also a massive draw, I dont even know how that can be questioned. 

Pulp didnt even outright headline in 2011 and as was pointed out, not many of the people who went that year still go now and I highly doubt the new blood of attendees care about them at all.