Lineup 2018

34 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah but Liam's mainstream af. I think the Eminem days decent enough, Korn and ATDIs good, major lazors a pretty big sub, then as you say current hype acts. Also Frank and Marmozets in the tent. The other days though are abhorrent

Yupp i agree, Saturday is really decent, gutted i didn't get a day ticket! but the other days are terrible this year.

36 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

The Killers have just announced a 12-date tour for November. That surely makes them more probable 2018 headliners 

They are probably quite likely to headline next year as well as, Paramore, Foos, QOTSA, and Monkeys

On 07/07/2017 at 11:20 AM, manchestermusicreview said:

The Killers have just announced a 12-date tour for November. That surely makes them more probable 2018 headliners 

Playing Leeds and Manchester on it though. And two nights at the O2 although that's probably less of an indicator when it comes to R+L.

On 07/07/2017 at 6:04 PM, Odessa said:

Do we defo think Arcade Fire aren't in the running? They just seem too big for Latitude or Bestival to me. Maybe they'll just do BST again as surely they have to be somewhere.

Just reckon they'll be a big Latitude headliner. Leeds would be a most welcome surprise but I can't see it. Maybe if FR are trying to attract Glasto goers (eg. The Cure 2012) but Latitude is probably best placed to scoop those up.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sure the Killers just won't do V again?

Doubt V would want them anymore, or any rock band for that matter. They could do Reading, but since I think Royal Blood and Foos are definite, I doubt they'd have a trio that's completely pointless for anyone who attended Glasto

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Just reckon they'll be a big Latitude headliner. Leeds would be a most welcome surprise but I can't see it. Maybe if FR are trying to attract Glasto goers (eg. The Cure 2012) but Latitude is probably best placed to scoop those up.

If Mumford and Sons can do Latitude, surely Arcade Fire can 

Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls, Sigur Ros and Arcade Fire 

Just watched The 1975 at TRNSMT. Aside from being concerned at how completely off his face Matty was (he looks like he could be in some serious trouble in the near future), they did absolutely smash it. Fantastic show. Could and should easily be a Headline next year.

17 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Would Snow Patrol will be a arena band still when they return or just completely sink to the abyss like Razorlight? 

A guilty pleasure for me :ph34r:. I'm reliably informed that they're hot garbage but Eyes Open and Final Straw were some of the first albums I owned, so I'd probably see them for nostalgia's sake. Songs for Polarbears isn't bad either. They won't play R&L tho. 

7 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

Just watched The 1975 at TRNSMT. Aside from being concerned at how completely off his face Matty was (he looks like he could be in some serious trouble in the near future), they did absolutely smash it. Fantastic show. Could and should easily be a Headline next year.

He also put a tweet up about the '1st June' which my guess is the album release date for next year. Previously thought that the album would drop after next years festival and had them nailed on for 2019 but now im thinking they're set for a headline slot next year, possibly with royal blood along side them??

Edited by MIchael_scarn

17 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

He also put a tweet up about the '1st June' which my guess is the album release date for next year. Previously thought that the album would drop after next years festival and had them nailed on for 2019 but now im thinking they're set for a headline slot next year, possibly with royal blood along side them??

Their manager said that the next album tour starts towards the end of 2018 so next year's still too early.