Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, ollieg99 said:

Bit of a festival noob here but didn't KOL throw a bit of a strop onstage back in 2009? Would they really be booked again after that?

I mean if RHCP can headline again after their 2007 performance then don't see why KoL can't 

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

With The 1975 headlining Latitude and Catfish headlining Community, both of which are obviously owned by Festival Republic could it be that they're planning for them both to co-headline? 

No

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

With The 1975 headlining Latitude and Catfish headlining Community, both of which are obviously owned by Festival Republic could it be that they're planning for them both to co-headline? 

It's possible i guess but I feel like it'd be royal blood doing a co-headline next year with catfish if it was going to happen scene as the 1975's album won't be out until after next years festival if i'm right. 

3 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Nah not really. I do think it means that FR see a future in Catfish and the Bottlemen - putting them at the top of a festival showcasing 'the best in new music' - but it's a much smaller operation than Latitude and The 1975 are rightly further up the ladder. Catfish and the Bottlemen could probably go on to headline Latitude from here but I don't think headlining R+L is immediately likely.

Edited by dentalplan

Gone off the idea of Paramore doing it and think they're more likely to do BST or something. They seem to have kind of fucked it with their new album commercially despite it getting pretty great reviews and think them being booked to outright headline over a year after it's release would be a bit of a gamble.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gone off the idea of Paramore doing it and think they're more likely to do BST or something. They seem to have kind of fucked it with their new album commercially despite it getting pretty great reviews and think them being booked to outright headline over a year after it's release would be a bit of a gamble.

I don't know if thats enough of a factor to effect a R&L booking though

especially if they were booked around the time of the album release

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don't know if thats enough of a factor to effect a R&L booking though

especially if they were booked around the time of the album release

They wouldn't be a particularly strong headliner anyway so I'd say it's certainly a factor, especially when there are plenty of other appealing options 

best case scenario for me would be Paramore + SOAD // Foos // Killers with Royal Blood subbing. Ain't happening though

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I saw their set at T in the park in 2015 and the crowd was mad and i've seen places they've performed  like big weekend and community and the whole vibe of the crowd seemed different. I feel the bigger the festival the better reception they get but can't be 100% sure that that's the case. 

Van McCann is insane his Alex Turner esc hip movements and just the way he moves round the stage gets the crowd pumped, really impressive stage presence.

The crowd they got in 2016 at t was huge especially considering they were opposite bastille. 

I also don't think Paramore will headline anymore. Reckon R&L will go balls out and try to get Foos and Arctic Monkeys, accompanied by Royal Blood and an ass undercard.

Royal Blood / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Kooks

Annie Mac

Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / Stormzy

Enter Shikari

Foo Fighters / Wolf Alice / Panic! at the Disco

The Wombats

Paramore at BST, BMTH at Download, Kendrick at Wireless.

48 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I also don't think Paramore will headline anymore. Reckon R&L will go balls out and try to get Foos and Arctic Monkeys, accompanied by Royal Blood and an ass undercard.

Royal Blood / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Kooks

Annie Mac

Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / Stormzy

Enter Shikari

Foo Fighters / Wolf Alice / Panic! at the Disco

The Wombats

Paramore at BST, BMTH at Download, Kendrick at Wireless.

Headliners all look a bit too rAwK to me, but doubt they'd turn those down if they could get em.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Headliners all look a bit too rAwK to me, but doubt they'd turn those down if they could get em.

It's all RAWK most years, although I guess since it hasn't been for 2 things are changing

Edited by Steve1000

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

True but Disclosure made it less RAWK than a normal day :)

They were the sub :ph34r: Headliners were still pretty RAWK like how Royal Blood/Foos/Monkeys would be.

Edited by KingPin

Just to add to the discussion from a few pages back. My first Leeds was in 2005 and that year they booked Iggy Pop, Dinosaur Jr. and The Wedding Present for Main Stage slots. You wouldn't see bookings like those these days.

Admittedly there's Korn and ATDI this year, but generally speaking over the past six or so years they've been purely focusing on putting new-ish acts on the Main Stage. Bookings like The Hives and Panic! At The Disco are old by the current day Reading and Leeds' standards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Just to add to the discussion from a few pages back. My first Leeds was in 2005 and that year they booked Iggy Pop, Dinosaur Jr. and The Wedding Present for Main Stage slots. You wouldn't see bookings like those these days.

Admittedly there's Korn and ATDI this year, but generally speaking over the past six or so years they've been purely focusing on putting new-ish acts on the Main Stage. Bookings like The Hives and Panic! At The Disco are old by the current day Reading and Leeds' standards.

Weird to think so recently we had SOAD and NIN subbing in the same year. That would just never happen anymore.