Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Last year me and my mate visited a lovely bagel can that was in the west Holts field.

if you're looking at the Stage go down the path on the right hand side as if you're going into the cabaret field (Bellas bridge) and it's on the right hand side just before you leave the field.

Real top notch warm bagels, I had grilled halloumi with salad - which was perfect for lunch snack or brunch in our case!

cant recall the name but someone else here might know it! 

This was Bagel Boy, fantastic bagels but they seemed to be running out of everything when I went back for a second one on the Saturday night, ended up just having bacon in it. Still lovely though

7 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Not sure if anyone had one of their huge hog roasts last year or attempted the Hogfather last year but I know Gilcombe Farm will be there again this year (Left Field between Other and Pyramid)

Yeah I had a hog roast from there and it was really decent. The best one I had was from The Whole Hog, can't exactly remember where that one was located but it was so good.

10 hours ago, pastorofmuppets said:

This was Bagel Boy, fantastic bagels but they seemed to be running out of everything when I went back for a second one on the Saturday night, ended up just having bacon in it. Still lovely though

Yes, me too, they have shops in Bristol and wish I was near there more often :) 
http://www.bagelboy.co.uk/

1 hour ago, Ducky89 said:

Not sure if anyone had one of their huge hog roasts last year or attempted the Hogfather last year but I know Gilcombe Farm will be there again this year (Left Field between Other and Pyramid)

Is that the one that has the sign that says "Voted best Hog Roast" or another one? I know there's like 3 Hog Roast stalls all in roughly the same area and I'm struggling to assign specific names to any of them.

The one with a sign actually used to have a year on it - 2003 I think - but they dropped that a while back as 2003 became ever more distant.

10 hours ago, Jackomanaco said:

Where is the best place to grab a decent full english? Im also hoping that Diamond Dogs return to Block 9

There is a fantastic place on the north side of the cabaret field, always under populated, particularly in the morning. They do a great full English with all the options, there's always a seat and it's inexpensive too.  Sub £5 with good Tea.

A lifesaver for me on many a Glastonbury. 

Can't remember who it's run by, but one of those local clubs raising money for their outfit. Archaeology or Surfers Against  Long Drops. Something like that. 

5 Stars

11 hours ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Ahh yes that was it!

we went there on the Saturday lunchtime and again on the Sunday iirc. 

2 minutes ago, dartmoordog said:

There is a fantastic place on the north side of the cabaret field, always under populated, particularly in the morning. They do a great full English with all the options, there's always a seat and it's inexpensive too.  Sub £5 with good Tea.

A lifesaver for me on many a Glastonbury. 

Can't remember who it's run by, but one of those local clubs raising money for their outfit. Archaeology or Surfers Against  Long Drops. Something like that. 

5 Stars

Not certain, but that might be the Childrens World Cafe?

A few years ago now there was a cracking sausage/hot dog stall on the run down from the Pyramid to John Peel - came with really crispy shallots.  Can't remember what it was called and it's not been there for a few years now, sadly.  Anyone remember it and, more importantly, whether it quietly relocated somewhere else?

10 hours ago, incident said:

Is that the one that has the sign that says "Voted best Hog Roast" or another one? I know there's like 3 Hog Roast stalls all in roughly the same area and I'm struggling to assign specific names to any of them.

The one with a sign actually used to have a year on it - 2003 I think - but they dropped that a while back as 2003 became ever more distant.

Doesn't have the sign no, last year was their first time at the festival i believe 

9 hours ago, McCor said:

Are the Welsh Oggies confirmed??

People are getting quite bored with the same food headliners such as the Welsh Oggies every year.

Okay, so they'll have fresh pastry from their latest mix, and in between this we'll get a good selection of some of their classic fillings plus maybe a surprise new ingredient or two thrown in for good measure.

But wouldn't people rather see the chance for one of the up and coming vendors like Crayfish Bob be given a bump up to headliner status?

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

People are getting quite bored with the same food headliners such as the Welsh Oggies every year.

Okay, so they'll have fresh pastry from their latest mix, and in between this we'll get a good selection of some of their classic fillings plus maybe a surprise new ingredient or two thrown in for good measure.

But wouldn't people rather see the chance for one of the up and coming vendors like Crayfish Bob be given a bump up to headliner status?

Crayfish and the Bobblemen?

12 hours ago, dartmoordog said:

That's the one!

A worthy cause and well worth visiting. 

My favourite breakfast spot too. The Children's World charity was formed by Arabella Churchill (founder of the circus and theatre field who Bella's bridge is named after) do great work with children in UK and abroad. Think Michael Evis is a patron too