Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

34 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

It's amazing how much it can vary. I live quite close to Lyme Regis, and you can get really good fish and chips at one end of the prom, and crap processed stuff like you describe at the other end! 

Just did a quick google, and this was the place we went to last year. 

image.jpg

not my picture, no idea what the woman in it is doing, but it's the only photo I could find. 

I ate there before the EFests meet. Fish was ok, chips were the usual frozen deep fried burger van 4/10 variety. 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As it's best eaten fresh I don't think it really lends itself to festival catering. 

Though I'd also say the same about pizza.

The pizza place in William's Green is great. Well good enough for me to go twice!

Not sure if they actually made the dough there and then but it looked fresh when they were making the pizzas to order.

On 10/05/2016 at 9:06 AM, Donkeyradish said:

Oh my gawd. I did not know Twisted Burger where there. Fingers crossed for them again... me and the boyfriend head to the Harley at least once a month for a burger and a pint of Aspalls! 

I ended up having about three last year! It's the same menu as the stall in The Moor Market so it doesn't have any of the specials on (speaking of which I'm not particularly happy they took the Holy Cluck off the restaurant menu, my favourite one!) Still bloody good mind, though for some reason they couldn't use the potato flour buns at Glastonbury last year. Oh and they have Hendos to put on your chips. I put some Hendos in a plastic bottle last year to have on my Square Pie, worked an absolute treat :)

1 hour ago, JoeyMester said:

I ended up having about three last year! It's the same menu as the stall in The Moor Market so it doesn't have any of the specials on (speaking of which I'm not particularly happy they took the Holy Cluck off the restaurant menu, my favourite one!) Still bloody good mind, though for some reason they couldn't use the potato flour buns at Glastonbury last year. Oh and they have Hendos to put on your chips. I put some Hendos in a plastic bottle last year to have on my Square Pie, worked an absolute treat :)

what the hell is Hendos have I been missing out?

1 hour ago, Larraht said:

Wholefood Heaven have confirmed that they are back with their Buddha boxes - veggie massaman curry with Halloumi on top. Proper job.

that sounds fantastic, where do they normally live?

2 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

what the hell is Hendos have I been missing out?

Hendos is Henderson's Relish and is kind of Similar to Lee and Perins but far superior

4 hours ago, mr gumby said:

It's amazing how much it can vary. I live quite close to Lyme Regis, and you can get really good fish and chips at one end of the prom, and crap processed stuff like you describe at the other end! 

Just did a quick google, and this was the place we went to last year. 

image.jpg

not my picture, no idea what the woman in it is doing, but it's the only photo I could find. 

you see I went there last year and didn't think much of it as it was really dry, chips went down like lead balloons :( 

46 minutes ago, sloseph said:

that sounds fantastic, where do they normally live?

You get them from a very small stall (not very obvious) on the right hand side walking from the Pyramid to Leftfield. Really very good food. Great find for us last year.

I sent Square Pie a tweet earlier and delighted to say that they've confirmed they'll be there.

A must visit for me and queues only seem to get longer over the weekend which suggests others agree.

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

I ate there before the EFests meet. Fish was ok, chips were the usual frozen deep fried burger van 4/10 variety. 

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

you see I went there last year and didn't think much of it as it was really dry, chips went down like lead balloons :( 

Strange. Maybe it's just that tastes differ, or maybe we just got lucky with a really freshly-cooked batch or something, but I thought they were pretty good. 

16 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's a fish'n'chip stall in Silver Hayes opposite the Wow Stage.  The one time I tried it - many moons ago now - it wasn't great. 

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The place in silver Hayes is a bit more upmarket and has things like fried whitebait and so on, but....nah.

I think this is The Sea Cow, their resteraunt business closed down at the end of last year so I doubt they'll be back. 

Their problem was always that  quality of thier food was massivelay variable, both from their resteraunt and the festival van, I've had some of the best fish and chips I've ever eaten and some of the worst. 

6 hours ago, pjdboy said:

You get them from a very small stall (not very obvious) on the right hand side walking from the Pyramid to Leftfield. Really very good food. Great find for us last year.

The people who run it are so nice too - I told them I was really pleased to find them (they had moved since 2013, the year I found them) and had been banging onto my pals about the food. They gave me extra Halloumi and lots of lovely conversation in return. 

8 hours ago, JoeyMester said:

I also carry Hendos in a plastic bottle!  Lived in Sheffield until 2014 - now n Cornwall......

1 minute ago, Mich1268 said:

just sticking this back up as people on other threads have asked where it is. we should really get glastonbury to do a food line with areas as well as the other lineup. 

I clearly meant food lineup. soz prosecco to blame. gotta go. wine calling.