Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

On 6/5/2016 at 4:21 PM, Amyyayaya said:

Does anyone know the name of the little food van that sold chips on Williams Green last year? It was next to (maybe right next door) Happy Maki, I want to say that they have a shop in Bristol but I could well be making that up. It's driving me mad trying to remember the name :( best cheesy chips I've ever had 

I can't remember the name, but I went there at least twice over the five days!

It was right in the right hand corner as you look at the WG tent and they were delicious. It was the perfect very late night salted munchies snack!

The next week is going to pass inexorably slowly...!

:)

Ben

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

A well-presented Glasto food blog here, with a confirmed non-appearance in there: http://firstweeat.net/2016/06/10/essential-eats-glastonbury-2016

Damn,  Dosa Deli just shot it's way high up my list of must eats

That paneer Chilli Cheese Dosa with red onion, tomato and channa dhal chutney is giving me feelings  

Edited by sloseph

1 hour ago, sloseph said:

Damn,  Dosa Deli just shot it's way high up my list of must eats

That paneer Chilli Cheese Dosa with red onion, tomato and channa dhal chutney is giving me feelings  

Yep, I know most of the others mentioned to be excellent, so this blogger's recommendation has my attention. William's Green has some of the best food on site, it seems.

On 29 May 2016 at 1:48 AM, budvar said:

The Hippy Chippy have confirmed they'll be back in their usual spot in the market, intriguingly they also said they'll have a "street food version" in the green fields...

How much more "street food" can you get than a cone of chips?!!

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I can't remember the name, but I went there at least twice over the five days!

It was right in the right hand corner as you look at the WG tent and they were delicious. It was the perfect very late night salted munchies snack!

The next week is going to pass inexorably slowly...!

:)

Ben

You have a good taste in chips my friend.
Probably the best cheesy chips ever ( I feel very strongly about cheesy chips)

On 11 March 2016 at 4:17 PM, JanieM28 said:

And, Hurrah, I can confirm that Crayfish Bob will be there at William's Green near the info tent. My husband has been craving his fabulous gumbo since we were last at Glasto in 2013 and he spent the subsequent three days trying every single thing from the menu, sometimes twice a day.

It was Bob's first year there and my husband was his first ever customer. And, clearly, a very loyal one! Needless to say the food is outstanding.

I am DELIGHTED to hear this! I think the potted crayfish I had there last year was among the best things I ate all weekend. I'm determined to brave the whole crayfish this time.

Any word on Strumpets with Crumpets?

I am also still mourning the absence last year of the drinkable green coconuts...

6 minutes ago, dontcarebear said:

I am also still mourning the absence last year of the drinkable green coconuts...

I'm sure there was a place by in the park just round the corner from stone bridge bar that had them... and some tasty looking smoothies

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

But what was that place called??!!

:D

Ben

26 minutes ago, Amyyayaya said:

I want to know so I can tweet them and ask if they'll be there :(

Was it these chaps/chapettes?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g1739433-d10150878-i188013288-Chip_Off_The_Block-North_Cadbury_Somerset_England.html

I've always walked past but never tried!

13 minutes ago, stusandey said:

Where is Manic Organic? Saw this and it looks amazing!

It's good, i make a point of trekking over from where we camp near the JP tent to it at least a couple of times for a good brekkie. It's on the other side , near Greenpeace.

Edited by davidd

51 minutes ago, stusandey said:

I'm sure there was a place by in the park just round the corner from stone bridge bar that had them... and some tasty looking smoothies

There's  a fruit stall there alright and they do smoothies and fruit salads and fresh juices......but I'm not sure that they do coconuts.

There was a place two years ago by The Blues, but dunno if it was there last year.

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You bloody genius, Andeeroo!

Thanks so much!

Mmmmm...hungry now!

Ben
x

Tbf, I just typed 'chips williams green glastonbury' into Google and up it came! I'll willing to take any plaudits that come my way though! ;)

4 minutes ago, alframsey said:

Could anybody recommend a place get a good breakfast which will set me up for the day please? I always end up being too hungover and going to the nearest burger place and regretting it...

I had a goats' cheese and honey toastie from the Cheese Truck last year and it sorted me out!

10 minutes ago, alframsey said:

Could anybody recommend a place get a good breakfast which will set me up for the day please? I always end up being too hungover and going to the nearest burger place and regretting it...

For the purpose of this post, I'm assuming "breakfast" to mean cooked, and with meat.

A couple of my favourites -

The Street Sub Aqua Club run a cafe at the bottom of Cockmill Family Camping field, ie just next to Kidney Mead / Big Ground where you can sit down, eat off a plate, etc.

Also, the Welsh Oggie stall near the Other Stage does some fantastic (and relatively good value) Breakfast options.